Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: The Battle for Europe [SS 6.4 - Late Era]

Default Re: The Battle for Europe [SS 6.4 - Late Era]

To me the assassin rule is perfect the way it is: he can perform any thing he could normally do (even kill the king if he has the % to do that or sabotage important buildings),
    without though get the prominent role I have seen in some HS. There was a HS based on Crusade expansion , where -without assassin limitations- sabotage played a major role
    literally bringing down a faction.
    Many do not realize, but there are building which cost even 15k (and so it would cost almost that much to rebuild).
    Having an assassin,whom upkeep is merely 200 inflicting a damage of 10k,15k por more (if you destroy port trade buildings, if the other player has no money to rebuild it , he'll bleed lots of money until he can repair it),
    is too unbalanced.
    1 assassin every 25 regions is the best way in my view.
    Having few assassins will increase their strategic value, since you'll have to carefully use him,

Aragon's up
    Last edited by invicta; February 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

alright let us continue the hotseat, I wanna play my turn.

Tonno's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by grouchy13 View Post
    I can say from my experience that reloads have always been a part of the game, but limiting a faction to having 25 regions before it can employ assassins because of it is baloney. I can understand generals being off limits but this is to far and removes sabotage as an effective tactic for 90% of the factions, you want to safeguard your characters from asassiantion, have quality agents embedded in your armies. If your losing characters its because you are not taking the correct precautions in the first place

As for the destruction of buildings I see np with a state that knows it going to lose a settlement removing any value, thats a viable tactic. Yes it can be abused by rage quitters but thats the inherent risk of opening a HS is it not, removing seems to cautious to me.

I don't wanna make trouble or throw this thing of course, with my comp issue's and the fact I have yet to start the HS officially I'm happy to let you guys crack on if this is how things are done now, This seems too constrained to me and as those of you whom have played me before your nullifying 2 of the tactics I have successfully utilized in HS of yore.
    I usualy don't responed to every question possible and explain it covering everthing. Laziness is my sin.

Well yes reloading was allways here, that's why assassin rule makes sense.

Reloading is allowed by the rules now, that's why assassins are ristricted, I think you should be able to see the conection on that. But yes 25 is a high number for me, I asked to lower it once or twice if I recall well, no one supported me. (not in this HS)
    I would even dare to say that it needs more skill to play with 2 spys then with 100 killing and doing stuff all around, with reloading on, that would be a cheap shot.

SS mode requires this kind of rule on buildings, it's a must. I must add fair in this part, althought most ppl don't like to talk about that. It's just not fair to put self destroying as a vaild option, you put out time and work to take something and when you win a war you acctualy lost more then you gained. Then there is no point in Total War, since every one can just ram up his citys. Just think if everyone ganged on me in this HS. I just ram my castles and citys and one of the richest part of the map goes away. That's not smart it's cheap.
    Last edited by Tonno; February 20, 2013 at 09:23 AM.
    "For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."
    Constantine Porphyrogenitus >>De Administrando Imperio<<

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Substitute Saxon with English or Normandine and youve got my number
    Paris burns sire, our forces have captured Normandy as well and advance as planned.
    Thousands of the enemy lay dead in our surprise attack while our losses have been minor

King Henry wiped his sword of the late French King and faced the messenger
    "What of Duke Edward and the advance party?"

A success sire, the enemy scrambled to drive us back and where massacred in his ambush.
    There can be no opposition and Rennes will fall within the season, of that there can be no doubt.

"Good, call for the blasted emissaries and have them meet me in the court of Paris.
    Lets see if they have changed their tunes, whom our true friends are and whom seek our destruction."

At once, sire. Summer 1221 in the outskirts of Paris

Arthur Wildville beheld the aftermath of the massacre, mere days after landing at Aberdeen two scottish armies had been put down and the garrison of the town itself decimated. Before him lay roughly a thousand dead Scotsmen whom have follishly met the Norman heavy cavalry in the open in an attempt to save the town.

"Summon Laurence and Jasper immediately, the scouts report that the Scottish king himself has seen fit to face us. I want the men ready to advance within a fortnight to join up with the second wave for the battle."

At the coast lay the Scottish fleet with what remained of the Kings army and most of his nobles whom had yet to join battle.

"The little king has been burnt, lets see if oh so noble Scotsmen at least can fight"

Late Summer 1221, Abardeen

England
    calls Aragon, Castile, Norway, Denmark and the Empires envoys to court.
    There is much to discuss for the future of Europe and the fight against the threat of the East
    Last edited by Mithridate; February 20, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Excellent work!

Why do people download the attachment then log off for hours and not post their saves

I'll be willing to join as Venice, but I'm an utter noob.

Only way to learn is to play, so welcome to the hotseat!

Blood and sweat. Hard, brutal, deadly work. It takes brave men, men's men to take a castle like Toulouse. It's walls are high and treacherous. Men just as hardy and as skilled in battle as any guard it. A daunting task indeed for anyone who dares try and take it.

When Raymond inherited Toulouse from his uncle, he knew he inherited more than a castle, more than land or a title. He inherited a kingdom in it's own right. With lands stretching from the Pyrenees to the Mediterranean sea. Strong walls, good hardy men, lands as far as the eye can see, and most importantly, the loyalty and submission of the folk of those lands. Good decent folk any ruler would like to rule over.

Jaume knew what he was facing, but he knew what he was going to gain as well. Raymond was a good general, he had a strong presence on the battlefield, yet he was nothing like Jaume. Jaume had his men to their last breath. Not one would do anything else but what they were told. So on they went, to face what many have faced and died. On they went to what seemed their death, for their king, for their kingdom and not the least, for their God almighty.

The battle was long and tiresome, but that was exactly what Jaume wanted. He had a slight superiority in cavalry, and he used it. Even behind the walls, on the narrow streets, they were deadly. But they needed a tired foe. So one after another, brave aragonese pushed and showed and harassed the enemy, until they had no other way but to yield.

Many a men died in that battle, much blood spilled, yet it could be done, it was done. Toulouse is now aragonese land. Gained with our blood and sweat.
    Last edited by Drako; February 20, 2013 at 05:48 PM.

Castile is up!

Tonno's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Battle for Europe [SS 6.4 - Late Era] Spain is open! Post in the thread if you want to join!

Spain open?
    You mean Venice?
    "For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."
    Constantine Porphyrogenitus >>De Administrando Imperio<<

Default Re: The Battle for Europe [SS 6.4 - Late Era] Spain is open! Post in the thread if you want to join!

Nope, and I have already found a Venice player, OlorinStormcrow.

Desley left because he didnt have the time for two hotseats.

Typical... I bet it was due to my refusal to ally him outright^^

I shall make an inquiry for someone new
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    I bet it was due to my refusal to ally him outright^^
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Actually I offered Norseman that I would keep playing, but I do not have enough time, so there would be a big chance on delays. I told him that if he didn't mind I would continue to play, otherwise I would resign so I wouldnt slow down the hotseat.

I do not think I deserve this kind of disrespect (@Mithridate and Invicta)
    Will and act until victory

Im sorry Desley, it was naught but a joke

However, why did you join a scheduled hotseat when lacking the little time required?

Call it an old addiction . I used to be in many and kinda got too excited.

Do you have the time to play your save this turn? so that we get the hotseat moving.

Yes.

=