Thread: Talk about your campaign!

ZeEmperor's Avatar Semisalis

Icon6 Talk about your campaign!

Playing on FRANCE.Hey guys the reason i wanted to post because ive done a cool thing so it is easier to me muahahahahahahaha the thing i done is that in the first turn i allied with prussia and they backstabed austria,so anyways lets begin! PS im playing DarthMod
    1.Allied prussia and some other countries,made more trade agreements,did nothing for several turns until i made some money.
    2.Captured the town in alps(was it Innsbruck or Klagenfurt i forgot?) and after that built up napoleons army and attacked Prague then several turns later Olomouc(Olmutz),Prussia captured Hungary(not very good for me).
    3.Russia captures Wurtemberg for some reason,i capture it from them when they weaken against Wurtemberg revolutionaires,Destroy a sicilian fleet,setting up some trade ship places.
    4.Captured Croatia,now planning an assault on Vienna itself,cross fingers so it all ends well for me.
    Thats it and im playing on E/M(nooby i know but i found napoleon more difficult than earlier games)
    Oh and im probably gonna continue posting later on today when/if i capture Vienna
    So here is an advice for newbies-"ALLY WITH THE PRUSSIANS"

Default Re: Talk about your campaign!

5.Captured Vienna,survived a revolt at Vienna(barely),declared war on Switzerland and Italian Kingdom,Prussia lost Hungary to Austria,i conquered Hungary later,Prussia destroyed Oldenburg in earlier game,captured Venice,layed siege on Luzern unsucesfully(i just ran away when they attacked)
    6.Planning another siege on Luzern,Napoleon will be attacking Milan(his army is currently replenishing in Croatia)
    7.Some minor wars between Russia and Otomans,otomans captured a region of Russia,russians got it back,nothing big so im gonna continue probly now or later

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Playing Europe on Hard this time with France and my goal is to liberate countries at every possible option and only maintain France territory as original as can be. This is by giving provinces that have no 'liberate' option to my protectorates once the province is build up and stable.

Before taking ion Europe and only have defensive battles to protect allies/protectorates I send Napoleon to liberate Ireland and Scotland and conquer Wales. A small army under Massena sail away to take Gibraltar so after taking Londion, England (Great Britain is my protectorate).

I take all other Austrian provinces and leave Vianna last so now (last night as on 2355hrs 8+GMT) Austria is now my protectorate. My main enemy is now Prussia and Russia but I will finish off the Ottomans who declared war on me by declaring war on my Romanian protectorate. I will liberate Greece and then move on to take Istambul and make the Ottoman my protectorate.

Luckily Prussia sued for peace after I took Brandenburg and I'm rebuilding my Army of the North to liberate Warsaw later and finish of Prussia before the final march to Moscow.

My campaign as of now :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=128063344
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

I started liberating as i said,but im a pure traitor,i mean i attacked milan and liberated,then they captured sicily and i captured Naples,after that im now attacking Spain-liberated catalonia,captured navarra and laying siege on Madrid itself,Europe hates me(except Prussia,Catalonia and Ottoman Empire-They <3 me) With another army i attacked russia with its Kamenets Podolsky regions(is that right) and survived their siege thanks to chasseurs and their bombs,Austria is left with only 1 region-Galicia.Lemberg being their capital but its hard to defeat the town,prussia tried several times and failed because Russians are helping them all the time!
    When i finish my campaign im doing it on M/M with 40 unit armies Darth Mod i reccomend the mod to you,it adds 191 new land units,most of which for France,and makes the AI better,better musket sound and lots more....
    So hmm shall i backstab Prussia after capturing Madrid or Attack GB by liberating the Scots and Eirishes? I hope to hear more from you!
    Soon i will post a picture of my own Le Grand French Campaign and i will post a picture of my Empire too so you can see it,oh and i added you on Steam Evil co.
    Last edited by ZeEmperor; February 19, 2013 at 07:55 AM.

Ottoman is now finished and being my protectorate and Greece liberated.

I have gifted Kingdom of Italy Sicily, Naples and Venice while Bavaria gets Tyrol. Romania was given the province below that (Wallachia ?) while Hungary, formerly of Austro-Hungary Empire was gifted with the southern Balkan state (Serbia ?). The northern Balkan state (Croatia ?) is still under my control as I'm using that as a supply base but will give them to my protectorate Austra later on.

My southern Europe is basically now under my control where only Sweden and Russia is left as my enemies. I'm actually manipulation Prussia to declare war on me since I don't want to declare war on anyone but with -300 they still don't want to declare war. I stil need to liberate Warsaw from them so I may move my 3 army group from Saxony and hope Prussia attack it which will give me a casus belli to finish off Prussia.

Will continue tonight if I have the time to play.

Pictures tell more than words!
    Oh and as i have a corrupted media pack i will probly need to start a new campaign after uninstall sorry!

+ rep!

Lambretta's Avatar Civis

Just started playing this again so am a little rusty and I never did these campaigns.

Italian Campaign:

1. Won several major victories against Piedmont-Sardinia. Crushed them in 2 turns and made them my protectorate.
    2. Sent my experienced army under Napoleon to assault the cities of Milan and 2 more easterly cities. Annihilated them whilst losing few men and training reinforcements in Nice and Turin.
    3. Sent an army under another one of my generals to attack the Papal states. Unfortunately this campaign was unsuccessful as they had a massive army full of line infantry, cannon and artillery whilst my army was almost entirely comprised of militia. I did beat an army three times my size who had better troops than me but my force was decimated after the battle and they quickly sent another to finish me off on the same turn.
    4. Meanwhile, Napoleon managed to assault Mantua and lost 50 men in the business of it, despite being outnumbered. A very successful victory and a crushing blow to the Austrians.
    5. Split my main army under Napoleon into 3 separate forces and blitzed Venice. They quickly sought peace, I asked them for military access and the pathetic wretches agreed.
    6. Spent some time retraining my force for the final assault.
    7. Sent a scouting force under Jean Serurier to inspect Klagenfurt. Hid them at the side of the road in the trees whilst bringing up my main force under Napoleon (again almost entirely comprised of militia somewhat unfortunately. My veteran troops had gone ahead in the scouting force just incase they got attacked).
    8. Austria saw their impending doom and the weakness of my army. Unfortunately for them they didn't know I had a scouting force hidden in the hills. Ambushed them at the side of the road. Took extreme casualties as their force was massive and mine was rather small, but managed to utterly annihilate their army. The survivors couldn't retreat to Klagenfurt seeing as I had attacked them from behind... the only path of retreat was towards Napoleon who quickly mopped up the remaining force with minimal casualties utilising extensive cannon.
    9. Attacked Klagenfurt, destroyed the pathetic Armed Citizenry garrison, claimed victory with 20 more turns to go (I had just got a message!).

All in all a successful campaign. Towards the end I did get a bit sloppy and I didn't anticipate the massive Papal army! My brave general died, but some casualties are necessary in war. They managed to survive my wrath and asked for peace when they noticed a massive army coming down towards them. They weren't worth my time.

I struggled for money in this campaign and managed to lose Mantua to the dastardly Venetians whilst threatening the Papal States! It would have cost 8000 to repair the walls and that money had to go towards extra troops for the Austrian invasion. I also got ambushed by some Austrian forces whilst bringing up a single unit of Line Infantry from Nice. Yes, I lost them. Nothing I could do but it was foolish to send them up by themselves, I should have waited.

I used militia units extensively during this campaign as I found that a lot of the cities I conquered could only recruit militia, add to that the fact that line infantry take two turns to recruit and at the pace I was moving that was simply too long to wait. Militia clearly aren't the best units in the world and I had to rely on strategic advantages such as hills to my utmost advantage. My cannon's grape shot were a life saver at points in this campaign and the success at Mantua was largely due to my cannon. I managed to defeat over half of their force before I sent anybody to assault the walls! Then I just sent my skirmishers up the bits of wall that had no stairs and rained death on them. Easy... apart from when I got caught by a cavalry charge in line!

One of the most fun campaigns I have played to date and required a lot more strategy than my old RTW campaigning days, when I would win every battle! I still won most battles here, but only through some underhanded tactics on the battlefield including grapeshotting their general! That was a fun battle.

I'll post up some stuff about my Egypt campaign soon, I've just started it and have took the first city to the south, destroyed its garrison and lost only 3 men. Looks like this one will be successful too!

Nice,but see what i said before you

I completed making Russia my protectorate during the weekend and got the achievement for winning the campaogn on Hard. I wonder if I should continue and taking all my allies now and get the Imperial Wealth achievement ?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=129045985

Will having protectotrates count as own provinces when getting the Imperial Wealth ?

woah...I wish i could complete campaign but my game ****s up every time ! +rep

I have just started Spanish as Spanish in Peninsular Campaign, however I would like to continue with my French Europe campaign to see if I can make protectorates of my allied Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Corsica and Papal States. I will give back Russian lands to Russia and hope my protectorates don't go to war with each other.

Do they (Protectorates) go to war with each other ? I do remember having my ally attacking my protectorate, which give me a change to defeat my ally and make them my protectorate but never protectorate vs protectorate.