Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thus, my ban has been lifted

Default Thus, my ban has been lifted

First id like to thank those whom believed in me despite what was stated by head GS about me, or sought me out for explanation.
    All the support has meant a lot to me, preventing me from simply leaving in equal amounts of rage and sadness over all this.

Id like to clear up just what my violations were for all to judge, along with my grievances with how this was all handled by GS. Making it clear that i was not banned for cheating, but for repeat rule violations in short succession while being staff, whom are held to a higher standard. Following it up with that the accusation made as to me having exploited or admitted to having done so being completely false.

Ill try to keep this all as short as possible, my violations that all took place within the scope of 4 days:

I subbed Dr Mac playing Joffrey/Lannister and violated two rules. Building destruction and marrying princess with 25% odds over the needed 35%. This has been extensively discussed in the tavern here I was not allowed to defend myself nor my colleagues, without going back too much I have little to add to it aside from this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dr Mac sent it to himself, so anyone subbing could complete the turn he had started following his instructions.

I followed the instructions left to the subber to the letter, I should have checked the rules when I did but as I had stated in and off thread as well to my colleagues I had no time due to leaving within the hour for a 1400 km roadtrip that i had to complete within 24 hours. Mac had contacted several others by phone including the admin that he was unable to play due to lack of time and I was the emergency solution when he was denied.

For the record, I have no doubt that Dr Mac did not intend his instructions to violate rules ( this was concluded by involved admin and staff at the time ) and that he still had enough money for the bribe and "Slaughtered" on his turn, despite of what is said in the tavern.

My second violation was here , two days after I had returned and worked my two jobs both days. I used a catapult vs stone walls when a trebuche was needed for anything over wooden walls. I had posted screens with the saves showing that i used a catapult and even incorrectly wrote " large town " ( wooden walls... ) Thus it was immediately caught and dealt with. All you need to know really should be available to you in both the tavern or shorter in the thread itself, I can do nothing but apologize for my mistake again.

My third violation was actually before the second here ( theres no information as to the violation, so ill have to do that here ). It was caught much later however and I will go in depth to it in the following post. In short: I abandoned a fort that had a defeated general in it ( that could not be moved due to both rules, and game mechanics ).
    Screen of the fort

The turn after my violation, the garrison was decimated on my turn. The units south of Hornvale being those that would have been placed in my fort.
    Rules stated i needed 4 units to man a fort, to which I then was in violation as he remained. The temporary admin had been informed when I played my turn and had given his permission ( he was asked to confirm that i could pull out and slaughter the garrison in hornvale, some hotseats do not allow this and i wanted to be sure ), but when the original admin returned he was informed about the fort. We three all spoke briefly and it became clear there had been a misunderstanding, we quickly solved it and I was to be fined and any lannister forces be allowed to move any forces past the fort via console should he so wish. This despite the fact that the fort would have been there and blocking the pass regardless of how id have played my turn.
    Mithridate followed these actions with an attempt to conduct an exploit in the GS HS 'Immortals' with an attempt to bypass some of the rulings on fort manning. This exploit would have directly hindered an opponent and allowed Mithridate to consolidate his forces due to the Fort Mechanics with the YB's Mod.
    Ive made no such attempt and both the admins have stated that the fort was largely irrelevant, the path from the south is completely open as well with the fort itself impossible to remove thus ive done nothing to prevent lannisters moves. My forces where already as "consolidated" before as after these events and i plain don't get the comment about YB fort mechanics.

At any rate, those were my violations for you to form an opinion of. If you want ill tell you more or simply forward you my appeal made to the Praetorium regarding the 3 month ban. I want to make it very clear that I have failed to uphold staff standards with my three violations and that action certainly was justified. But said actions where in no way proportionate to violations and barely based upon actual events which I will explain in the following post after talking with Poach again.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Default Re: Thus, my ban has been lifted

Placeholder, until ive spoken with Poach again I'll simply leave this as a comment as to how this was handled:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

Welcome back again mith I guess u changed ur mine (good choice)

Ramsay Snow's Avatar Senator

I didnt and still don't know you well, but hopefully you can still admin cause these WTW HS's have been neglected.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Welcome back, about time
    Thanks god they at least shortened the ban

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

The ost feared warlord and one of the best admins is back

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

The most feared warlord and one of the best admins is back

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Nice to see you back. I hope that with your return also hotseat communities will revive a little bit.
    TATW HS Community Award

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Ah the return of the lost son! Welcome back my friend, you were missed.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Välkommen tillbaka!!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

... Mithridate had been banned?

Attachment 294741

Welcome back then! Hopefully we'll see the dread ponies dominate again. Unless it's me you fight against. I recall I swore an oath, for the old gods and the new

Also, regarding the third violation: any admin worth their salt can move characters via console. Hell, I can, so many and more people should be able to as well.
    Last edited by Hopelessly Hopeless; September 21, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
    "For myself, I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace: Minas Anor again as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens; not as a mistress of many slaves, nay, not even a kind mistress of willing slaves. War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise."

Quote Originally Posted by Uriyaca View Post
    Thanks god they at least shortened the ban
    They didnt, the praetorium overruled them and until they did I was ignored.

I have not decided to return to hotseating yet, nor will I ever remotely return to admining duties as I have before should I resume hotseating. Nor would i devote such a large amount of time after all these events, call me petty but you guys are the only reason I'm still here at all.

The community should get back on track once the forum recovers from Rome II or is upgraded, Im very sorry for the rubbish this has put the community through and wish you all the best
    Last edited by Mithridate; September 21, 2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: TWC malfunctioning

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Welcome back Mith. Your ban was wildly disproportionate and an utter misuse of the new system if I am honest.
    Last edited by Badger-dude; September 22, 2013 at 08:48 AM.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Welcome back my man! Although it seems like things might not be the same as when you left.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Welcome back Mith. Your ban was wildly disproportionate and an utter misuse of the new system if I am honest.
    Agreed, but Poach and I seem to see relatively eye to eye now. Part from the promised post where ill demand clarification as to my exploits and any evidence of my supposed confession by Grouchy13 while explaining my grievances with how i think this was handled, Im ready to put this all behind me. Unfortunately, not only the CA seem to have been busy as of late
    Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    Welcome back my man! Although it seems like things might not be the same as when you left.
    Indeed, nearly every hotseat i was in died with a couple moving on at a crawl... Some yet unaware of having died. Most of what I administrated seem to finally have moved on though despite most of them having faced a period of limbo or near death, great job ( especially by newly appointed staff )!
    Anyhow, with an appropriate song:

I make my return to hotseating

I shall gauge what hotseats can be salvaged and which ones would be a waste to even bother with, Before we always tried to focus efforts on current hotseats and not create new ones, but with so many having left I feel it would be mostly a waste of time... I will probably create one or two new ones, one to come in the main forum anyway.

This forum seem to slowly gain momentum again, so i shall focus my efforts there where they seem needed the most.
    It pains me to see how many have left hotseating in my absence, a moment of silence for:

Louis XVI the great! ( how could i forget -.-' )
    Complete noob
    Dr Mac
    The Guy with no imagination

A number of YBs

The hotseats:
    BoK
    WC
    Only one King
    Immortal game
    FOGIE
    CS
    SoW

WD
    U:BP

Pardon if i forgot anyone or any hotseat ( sorry YBs for the suffering )...
    Melancholy aside, Ive missed you guys and look forward to getting the groove back on
    Last edited by Mithridate; October 05, 2013 at 01:04 AM.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Louis left. That was pretty rough.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

A big number of Youngbloods :p but now that it is official welcome back to hotseating mith

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

I still find it odd for older players to just left without saying anything. Afterall they spend many months here so perhaps there is still a chance that same of them will return.
    TATW HS Community Award

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This is great Mith
    Unfortunatly I have to tell you that Battle of Kings is dead, Westeros Championship crawling and after talking to Ice is probably about to be closed, Only one King and Immortals game are long dead, FOGIE is dead, CS has actually recently been closed after Stouff resigned, not sure what hotseats SoW or WD are, Upheaval is dead

So pretty much no hotseat in that list is still running . It's been a while

You should probably just join new ones, if you like Tully is available in TBOW, Greyjoy and Renly available in ADOK, GOT needs a Tyrell and possibly a Renly if Grouchy doesn't come back
    There are probably lots of replacements needed

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Agreed, but Poach and I seem to see relatively eye to eye now. Part from the promised post where ill demand clarification as to my exploits and any evidence of my supposed confession by Grouchy13 while explaining my grievances with how i think this was handled, Im ready to put this all behind me. Unfortunately, not only the CA seem to have been busy as of late
    Indeed, nearly every hotseat i was in died with a couple moving on at a crawl... Some yet unaware of having died. Most of what I administrated seem to finally have moved on though despite most of them having faced a period of limbo or near death, great job ( especially by newly appointed staff )!
    Anyhow, with an appropriate song:

I make my return to hotseating

I shall gauge what hotseats can be salvaged and which ones would be a waste to even bother with, Before we always tried to focus efforts on current hotseats and not create new ones, but with so many having left I feel it would be mostly a waste of time... I will probably create one or two new ones, one to come in the main forum anyway.

This forum seem to slowly gain momentum again, so i shall focus my efforts there where they seem needed the most.
    It pains me to see how many have left hotseating in my absence, a moment of silence for:

Louis XVI the great! ( how could i forget -.-' )
    Complete noob
    Dr Mac
    The Guy with no imagination

A number of YBs

The hotseats:
    BoK
    WC
    Only one King
    Immortal game
    FOGIE
    CS
    SoW

WD
    U:BP

Pardon if i forgot anyone or any hotseat ( sorry YBs for the suffering )...
    Melancholy aside, Ive missed you guys and look forward to getting the groove back on
    What about me you old git? :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Matto16 View Post
    I still find it odd for older players to just left without saying anything. Afterall they spend many months here so perhaps there is still a chance that same of them will return.
    It was indeed a sad turn of events, although I 'retired' before the famine of players began I think

I was not aware of how many players had left...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast