Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: OOC thread.

Ace_General's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: OOC thread.

Ok, at Damien and trot, you have to understand our chars are not being dicks here, but were following what is in Game Imperial Dogma, which basically says Non Human or Dwarf or smacks of magic we dont understand=PURGE. And the elector hiring undead things is going way out of Imperial Regulations, so basicly defecting and defending him is going to get you branded as enemies of the Empire and Chaos isnt really to happy to deal with you either so think about what yoru doing you know.

You know, you might think the Empire is all weak and spread out, but there is massive manpower and miltary forces there,not to mention the inquistion and the holy orders of knights which can do the 17th century fantasy version of the Red Army, KGB, and Spetznaz on you.
    Low speed, High Drag

Adamat's Avatar Bokkenrijder

Averland is in a rebellion, so it is actually 'safe' to join the rebels as long as the rebellion isn't oppressed.

Son of Diamat

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    Averland is in a rebellion, so it is actually 'safe' to join the rebels as long as the rebellion isn't oppressed.
    You mean opposed? And I thought Averland was just being invaded, not in revolt. If theres a revolt as well as a rebellion, we should just call in the conscripts, steamtanks and heavy artillery and just turn into into a free fire zone

Lol I want to bring the grimdark hardcore metal war of annihilation, you know, battles where theres 80% losses suffered on either side and the loser with either be sacrificed to the Chaos gods or purged with fire by the inquisition.
    Lol, given the more german nature of the Empire, I think rammstein would be a perfect musical accompaniment to this ass kicking
    Last edited by Ace_General; February 26, 2013 at 06:24 AM.
    Low speed, High Drag

Heres something to give you an example of the Imperial Mindset
    Low speed, High Drag

Adamat's Avatar Bokkenrijder

Revolt is rebellion.

Son of Diamat

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_General View Post
    Ok, at Damien and trot, you have to understand our chars are not being dicks here, but were following what is in Game Imperial Dogma, which basically says Non Human or Dwarf or smacks of magic we dont understand=PURGE. And the elector hiring undead things is going way out of Imperial Regulations, so basicly defecting and defending him is going to get you branded as enemies of the Empire and Chaos isnt really to happy to deal with you either so think about what yoru doing you know.

You know, you might think the Empire is all weak and spread out, but there is massive manpower and miltary forces there,not to mention the inquistion and the holy orders of knights which can do the 17th century fantasy version of the Red Army, KGB, and Spetznaz on you.

This is blatantly false. The Empire has quite good relations with the dwarves. Very very good relations. They don't just blindly persecute everyone.
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus the Molossian View Post
    This is blatantly false. The Empire has quite good relations with the dwarves. Very very good relations. They don't just blindly persecute everyone.
    As I said, the empire is suscipscious of everything that isnt human or dwarf, for example, it was the dwarves taht gave Sigmar his hammer and that taught humans how to use metal and alot of engineering type stuff.

To refine what Im saying, things that are not humans or drawves the empire views as sketchy, and things like undead or non humanoid races are seen as a threat until proven otherwise.
    Low speed, High Drag

As I said, the empire is suscipscious of everything that isnt human or dwarf, for example, it was the dwarves taht gave Sigmar his hammer and that taught humans how to use metal and alot of engineering type stuff.

To refine what Im saying, things that are not humans or drawves the empire views as sketchy, and things like undead or non humanoid races are seen as a threat until proven otherwise.
    From my point of view you can refer this to each of the factions in Warhammer. A lizardman wouldn't trust any other race rather than their own kind and perhaps the High elves as the "pupils" of several old Slanns.
    And this counts for all other factions, too, though the purposes are always different.

Well, my char heard stories about the Lizardmen, so unless your overtly hostile and your fighting chaos, we wont mess with you

And correct me if Im wrong, but in warhammer canon, isnt Sylvania under Imperial Control?
    Low speed, High Drag

No not really. Its claimed to be but its a paper claim. Don't you remember the vampire wars and the Von Carsteins? Yeah its not really part of it but the empire claims it to save face from the fact try can't hold or take it. In canon, Mannfred had risen from apparent death to take back control but in this version we're saying he stayed dead and some other vamp took control.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

No not really. Its claimed to be but its a paper claim. Don't you remember the vampire wars and the Von Carsteins? Yeah its not really part of it but the empire claims it to save face from the fact try can't hold or take it. In canon, Mannfred had risen from apparent death to take back control but in this version we're saying he stayed dead and some other vamp took control.
    So basically the empire has in CK2 terms like a strong claim on the land but doesnt directly occupy it.
    Low speed, High Drag

Basically I guess. Fairly regularly a new vampire lord arises and invades the empire and starts all out slaughter before they're finally defeated. Any imperial invasion is hugely fraught with danger due to the hostility, creepiness of the place, swamps, and the fact that many undead simply wander around. None but the vampire kings are able to effectively rule it.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Well, if I was in charge and we had an agreement on the down low that you keep a lid on things in Slyvania and we dont mess with eachother thatt would be cool
    Low speed, High Drag

That could possibly work.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Well, my char heard stories about the Lizardmen, so unless your overtly hostile and your fighting chaos, we wont mess with you
    Well, could be interesting.
    On the one hand we would definitely good partners, even if we distrust each other,
    on the other hand the decisions of the Slann and the strong belief in extinquishing all Chaos can also result in burning down villages and murdering citizens the Empire wouldn't even have known that they were in contact with Chaos - or, which is more lizardmen-style, will be in contact with Chaos as the future has foretold it in a short period of time. I'm sure that we may see also more of this cruel, cold logic in future - however, this is always depending on, what Lord Tepek (KOVAV as moderator / NPC) will tell me.
    In whatever direction the plot is going to, it will be also surprising for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    Well, could be interesting.
    On the one hand we would definitely good partners, even if we distrust each other,
    on the other hand the decisions of the Slann and the strong belief in extinquishing all Chaos can also result in burning down villages and murdering citizens the Empire wouldn't even have known that they were in contact with Chaos - or, which is more lizardmen-style, will be in contact with Chaos as the future has foretold it in a short period of time. I'm sure that we may see also more of this cruel, cold logic in future - however, this is always depending on, what Lord Tepek (KOVAV as moderator / NPC) will tell me.
    In whatever direction the plot is going to, it will be also surprising for me.
    Advice to you and hint to KOVAV, I think the Slann and Inquisition could do some work together all hush hush, would be good stuff. You know, the inqusition meets with you on the down low, you work togeather to fight chaos, you offer the Inquistion your future seeing powers while the Imperium helps you get artifacts or stuff

Though its a shame everyone split sorta into their own thing with half of everyone being necromancers, I wanted to have a bunch of people in the Imperial Crusade aganist chaos, but hey, I guess I can just be the lone Imperial and become more of a General instead
    Low speed, High Drag

Only 2 people are undead and neither is simply a necromancer.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Only 2 people are undead and neither is simply a necromancer.
    Well non human/in the pro-Imperial Army
    Low speed, High Drag

Advice to you and hint to KOVAV, I think the Slann and Inquisition could do some work together all hush hush, would be good stuff. You know, the inqusition meets with you on the down low, you work togeather to fight chaos, you offer the Inquistion your future seeing powers while the Imperium helps you get artifacts or stuff

Though its a shame everyone split sorta into their own thing with half of everyone being necromancers, I wanted to have a bunch of people in the Imperial Crusade aganist chaos, but hey, I guess I can just be the lone Imperial and become more of a General instead
    Hmmm, working together, okay, but don't forget that the lizardmen were also a proud empire for their own. I mean, look, this race whiped the butts of thousands and hundredthousands of demons many eras ago even when Sigmar was a little toddler - and Saurus warriors like mine can even remember some of these times as ancients of their society. Apart from grave diseases or the battle the whole lizardmen culture isn't dying by natural death and when we talk about the Slann it's even getting weirder with this whole ghost/soul-thing. Lord Kroak for example is (nearly) an undead!
    So, in the end, they're a proud race and identify themselves as the major police officers of the whole Warhammer world - that's the main reason why a cooperation will be still difficult.
    I'm sure we will have minor conflicts if we end up as team mates, just want to say this. I'm taking my role as a lizardman serious and I bet you do the same with the Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    Hmmm, working together, okay, but don't forget that the lizardmen were also a proud empire for their own. I mean, look, this race whiped the butts of thousands and hundredthousands of demons many eras ago even when Sigmar was a little toddler - and Saurus warriors like mine can even remember some of these times as ancients of their society. Apart from grave diseases or the battle the whole lizardmen culture isn't dying by natural death and when we talk about the Slann it's even getting weirder with this whole ghost/soul-thing. Lord Kroak for example is (nearly) an undead!
    So, in the end, they're a proud race and identify themselves as the major police officers of the whole Warhammer world - that's the main reason why a cooperation will be still difficult.
    I'm sure we will have minor conflicts if we end up as team mates, just want to say this. I'm taking my role as a lizardman serious and I bet you do the same with the Empire.
    Ight, it shall be fun. I like you how appreciate the warhammer lore and mindset of your people. I shall do my best to live up to the mantle of ill informed proud badassery of the Empire
    Low speed, High Drag

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast