Thread: How do you get factions to join with you?

Magician Reversed's Avatar Libertus

Default How do you get factions to join with you?

Labrynna has the apparent good fortune of being located very close to three of the game's NPC factions. Factions that, if you play your cards right, you think would be willing to join with you. But in my current campaign the Tokay have been making complete 's of themselves, first trying to attack me, then allying themselves with the Subrosians, who eventually declared war on me as well, and the River Zora, who have settled in the territories just west of me. So I'm effectively surrounded by enemies. It's nothing I can't handle, but it's kind of a shame that I won't be getting the Tokay diplomats. I guess my main question is, what does it take to get an NPC faction to ally with you? I'm guessing you have to be reasonably powerful compared to them. (Both times I've played as Ordona the Zuna have offered to join me). Subrosia has managed to claim a fair bit of territory in this campaign, but the Tokay aren't particularly powerful. And since I'm playing as Labrynna I can't initiate diplomacy.

Sorry for the wall of text
    "The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he comes from, and if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home, and would he not rather have stayed there... in peace?" -Faramir (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: How do you get factions to join with you?

@Magician Reversed

If you ally with a nation, they will offer to join you the next turn. This makes it difficult for factions without diplomats (like Labrynna) to gain NPC factions. The Tokay would have to approach you with their diplomat.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril