Thread: Disabling Second Rebellion 2.5

baloghdaniel's Avatar Libertus
    Land of the free, home of the armchair warriors.

Default Disabling Second Rebellion 2.5

Okay, I have tried out every fix that I could find for the second rebellion bug, restarted my campaign a hundred times, even tried to make some modifications on my own, though I know little of scripting... that's why i had to reinstall Roma Surrectum.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, honestly I've never seen a better strategy game, thanks for the team for making it.

But I would love to finish at least one roman campaign, so If anyone could tell me how to disable the rebellion, possibly while keeping the ceasar traits, I would really appreciate it.

baloghdaniel's Avatar Libertus
    Land of the free, home of the armchair warriors.

Default Re: Disabling Second Rebellion 2.5

ahm... nevermind, found a way...

johnnieangel's Avatar Tiro

really????
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill
    English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

please share your solution.
    im about to start a Roman campaign.

iWarsaw's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Is the 2nd rebellion game breaking or what? Right now I have a Roman campaign going on and I'm wondering if I shouldn't just scrap it for now. Can I disable the rebellion and still continue my campaign or would I have to make a whole new Roman Campaign?

Chico75's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by iWarsaw View Post
    Is the 2nd rebellion game breaking or what? Right now I have a Roman campaign going on and I'm wondering if I shouldn't just scrap it for now. Can I disable the rebellion and still continue my campaign or would I have to make a whole new Roman Campaign?

I'm in the same situation, living in the fear of the infinite rebellion that will happen if I expand too much

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

I'm pretty sure u can disable it without restarting your campaign by backing up your background_script.txt and afterwards deleting the code of the rebellion, if it does end up crashing your campaign u can always delete the modified file and restore your backed up background_script.txt.

Most ideal moment to do this would be after u've dealt with the 2nd rebellion otherwise your just missing out