Thread: Kypchak Nomad Lancers

Default Kypchak Nomad Lancers

Hey guys, first of all just wanted to say loving the mod. I'm studying middle eastern history at St Andrews in Scotland and this period really takes my fancy.

Basically I'm playing as the Kypchaks on 2.3.2 (H/H) and although it's been great, I keep seeing mention in guides and stuff of Nomad Lancers. I can recruit the dismounted version, but they are nowhere to be seen in any of my building options as recruitable. I have two fortresses and neither can produce any melee cavalry aside from the slavs. Why were they removed from the game?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Kypchak Nomad Lancers

Someone forgot to add them (and other Kypchak units) to the EDB, so they're not available in the campaign.

There's a submod that fixes it, or you can add them to the stables yourself.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=522108

Would that be savegame compatible? And excuse my noobishness but what is an EDB.

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

edit description building (the name of a text file)

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data -> export_descr_building.txt

Using that submod will affect your current game.

Does 'effect the current game' = compatibility or crashes?

Iratern's Avatar Foederatus

Wow, after about a year of delving into other things I come back and see someone actually link my little change hehe feels nice that I could actually give something to the community

On a side note is there any submod that has a more standardized EDB for the missing units etc?

What do you mean by "more standardized"? Mine does, but it's not ready yet.

Iratern's Avatar Foederatus

Well, more balanced in regard to the other factions for both the player and the AI. As well as also containing any missing units in other factions that are available in custom battles but not in campaign.

I've changed things dramatically for my submod, but maybe one of my older back-up EDUs will fit your game. I'll check.

Try this one.

It is modified, however, so units replenish at the same rate for the AI and the player. But it has all the Kypchak units - I put them in myself.

Hmm, it also has a big bonus for the AI - it makes buildings cost only 1 florin. It's a feature meant to help the AI develop its settlements, and it works well with the Carl script (which I always use), but it doesn't work well with giant free money scripts for the AI. Check campaign_script, and if in BC AI factions get tons of bonus money, remove these lines from every core building in the EDB:

construction_cost_bonus_stone bonus 100 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    construction_cost_bonus_wooden bonus 100 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    Last edited by k/t; February 15, 2013 at 01:14 PM.