Thread: Daemons of Chaos destroyed at start?

Icon5 Daemons of Chaos destroyed at start?

I love the mod, it's VERY well done with a ton of content, with The Sundering 0.69 installed when I start the game the Daemons of Chaos are destroyed, are summoned later perhaps? While it's not the biggest problem I will say I've re-downloaded and re-installed this mod a few times with the same result, if anyone can help me I'll very much so appreciate it.

Default Re: Daemons of Chaos destroyed at start?

They span regurlaly sometimes on the map, so this is normal. You will fight deamons of Chaos.

irneh's Avatar Civis

are they unroutable ?

Imeh you should really START LEARNING how to mod EDU and make all units unroutable so you will no longer ask the question on every thread.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    Imeh you should really START LEARNING how to mod EDU and make all units unroutable so you will no longer ask the question on every thread.
    Forgive me for my ignorance but I'm sure I didn't ask this question on every thread, I was just asking for support on why the Daemons of Chaos were defeated as soon as I started the campaign.

Also forgive me for my true ignorance if you weren't responding to my question, good say sir, I wish you the best for your mod.
    Last edited by Arandir Tur-Anion de Bodemloze; February 13, 2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: DP

Forgive me for my ignorance but I'm sure I didn't ask this question on every thread, I was just asking for support on why the Daemons of Chaos were defeated as soon as I started the campaign.
    TWmadman adress it to irneh, and not to you, who annoy us with his questions.

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

@Heretic531: The Chaos Daemons are the "rebel" or "slave" faction in the mod. In the very beginning, they are destroyed -representing that the elves have defeated the Chaos forces' threat from the Chaos Wastes. They will later appear on the campaign map, with smaller armies. They act like rebel armies in vanilla, lurking around, destroying smaller armies, annoying both the AI and you
    (tip: use assassins against them )

And welcome to the forums! Should you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask

Referring to TWmadman's post: heh, he's just making it as you become angry with these posts
    irneh: yes, they are. I made them unroutable for myself. It IS fun! Oh, if you only could try it
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Thank you for informing me, I will not make the same mistake again.

Thanks for informing me about the Chaos Daemons, I assumed that might be the case.

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

It's all OK my friend, was strange for me as well at first (also thought I made something wrong, but I think it is logical and makes sense).

+++ Josef Bugman +++

irneh's Avatar Civis

Thank you Bela to respond and thank you to be polite ,fortunately my law teachers are not as a few people on this forum^^

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Was just reading some forums and special rules regarding demons. Basicly -please correct me if I'm wrong- they have the Demon Instability special rule. There's no way to represent Instability with the game engine (demon units can not leave the battlefield -vanish in warp- in this game). It's now worded in the AB, but I think they take the Instability instead of Break Tests.
    BUT.
    Please consider game engine. Although the mod makers try to stay as close to the lore as possible, they have to deal with the limitations of the game engine. In order to keep balance and not ruin gameplay, demons have to stay routable, otherwise it may cause two things: 1. statistics of demons should be reduced greatly (low attack, low defense, 1 HP, etc.) in order any routable units may kill them (does anyone want to see Khorne demons with low attack? I guess no...), or 2. statistics of all other units (including fatigue, archer accuracy, etc.) should be improved greatly. That may cause one shot mass murder or 250 kill with one charge situations on the battlefield. I guess this is unwanted, as well.
    Summarized:
    I think we all have to live with the fact that M2 engine can not represent 100% of Warhammer Fantasy Battles. There must be some kind of trade-off, I believe fleeing daemons are daemons that fail Instability tests. This is how the game is able to represent it.
    I know it's a bit weird, but it's something like dismounted cavalry units (for example Rohan Riders in TATW or dismounted Knights in vanilla). We (the players) know that they should be able to ride a horse, but the game engine does not.

I hope I didn't mess it up and you see my point of view

+++ Josef Bugman +++

people has to keep in mind we cannot simply do everything, the engines simply not support everything. there are many ideas we tried to put in our mod we finally left behind simply because there was NO CODING COMMAND to do it.

unfortunatly, people who never modded cannot quantify how limited is the engine.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

irneh's Avatar Civis

i just asked a question , i didn't criticize, i didn't require something, i just asked a simply question.

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by irneh View Post
    i just asked a question , i didn't criticize, i didn't require something, i just asked a simply question.
    And I just answered No offense mate, please consider that this is a forum, where short questions like yours are a bit mistakable. If I may ask you, please post a bit longer and add the reason to your question as well. This way any misunderstandings can be avoided

+++ Josef Bugman +++

irneh's Avatar Civis

[QUOTE=Bela;12587254]And I just answered

You are right and i thank you .

I m just tired because i just have succeed my 5th semester at law university.

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

5th semester? Congratulations mate, now it's time to party!!!

+++ Josef Bugman +++

irneh's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Bela View Post
    5th semester? Congratulations mate, now it's time to party!!!
    yes