Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fatimids overpowered?

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Re: Fatimids overpowered?

Quote Originally Posted by Radkill View Post
    Fatimid units have stats that are completely out of proportions to the stats of their European counterparts. Whatever you might think of their campaign advantages, no matter how much their upkeep is, I continue to see Fatimid units with around 1.5x my units stats
    This is of no use to you if you don't play it, but I addressed these issues in the BGRV submod: unit costs and upkeep are proportionate to ability for all factions. Moors are toned down, such that the Christian factions can remove them from Spain. This increases the potential of difficulties for Islamic factions in general, due to religious crusades (because the Spanish factions are less likely to be extinguished early on and are therefore able to join crusades and because the moors are less likely to be helpful to the fatimids in jihads).
    Last edited by Byg; November 02, 2013 at 12:42 PM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Odd, in my game the Fatamids were strong, but balanced by the Turks who became a superpower. Still, the fatties gave me some hard battles after I conquered Egypt (as Spain) when they got the Tabardiya - these units can cream almost anything, I could only beat them with masseed javelins and crossbows. Saracen militia are decent, but easily beaten by european foot knights - are they OP in auto resolve I don't know why they would be. They have ok attack but not great, ok armor, but similar to upgraded urban militia.. anything else they got working for them?

Also in my game the Byzzies got wiped out by turks, rebels and Venitians. I'm guessing the factions are fairly well balanced, but in any game some will do better than normal. I want the Fatamids to be a challenge when I got crusading.

Domesticus

In all my games, the Fatimids end up destroying the crusader states, the Turks, the Byzantines, the mongols, the Timurids, and if not checked by the player, destroy Venice, Hungary and Sicily. And they do this in the most annoying and boring fashion by recruiting pretty much only Mamluk archers and Tabardariyya units, all their stacks are at least 75% comprised of these units in the first 200 or so turns. I dont even bother fighting field battles with them, the endless spam gets boring, even worse auto resolve always favors Tabardariyya spam, no way the other AI factions can compete.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by fieldmarshal View Post
    In all my games, the Fatimids end up destroying the crusader states, the Turks, the Byzantines, the mongols, the Timurids, and if not checked by the player, destroy Venice, Hungary and Sicily. And they do this in the most annoying and boring fashion by recruiting pretty much only Mamluk archers and Tabardariyya units, all their stacks are at least 75% comprised of these units in the first 200 or so turns. I dont even bother fighting field battles with them, the endless spam gets boring, even worse auto resolve always favors Tabardariyya spam, no way the other AI factions can compete.

+1

Mamluk archers and tabardariyya...nightmare combination if there ever was one. It almost makes facing the Mongols preferable.

I sometimes think that I'm playing a different stainless steel game. Fatimids can not do anything against the heavy cavalry charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphractos View Post
    Mamluk archers and tabardariyya...nightmare combination if there ever was one. It almost makes facing the Mongols preferable.
    I know what you mean, I got sick of those tabardariyya and heavy archers being such a problem in about 5 of my campaigns that I just edited there availability and recruitment priority, so far it seems to have fixed the problem without any bad side effects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12