Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limited factions very worrying

LordUhtred's Avatar Civis

Default Limited factions very worrying

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and now I'm really worried. I've realised that with only 3 faction slots left its beginning to look like Creative Assembly have finally chosen money over integrity, as there are clearly going to be more than 8 playable factions. This leads me to believe they've finally lost all credibility and are now planning faction packs (not just thinking of and releasing them after main games' release). Years ago, this would not happen but now that Steam has helped DLC distribution CA are starting to seriously take advantage and simply take the piss. Someone please tell me that the 8 factions arn't the only playable ones at release or CA are responsible for all over their fanbase. Disgrace.
    Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2, that is all.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Limited factions very worrying

I just saw your signature. The irony is almost unbelievable.

Nice avatar btw!

ChairmanCrassus's Avatar Semisalis

You are certainly right that Steam unleashed a DLC storm. Good thing I don't mind DLC.
    Interactive World Map from 3000BC to Present
    Interactive Scale of the Universe

"Me against my brother; My brothers and me against my cousins; Then my cousins, my brothers, and me against strangers" - Bedouin wisdom

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    I just saw your signature. The irony is almost unbelievable.

Nice avatar btw!
    Good point. What's with all of this Steam hate? Honestly, Steam is not responsible for the DLC trend. That's up to the corporations that use it as a platform. CA isn't being unethical by using Steam. They didn't choose it because of DLC they chose it because it delivers updates faster and has fairly seamless multiplayer. Stop living in 2004.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Its not that, its this:

Once Total War: Rome II is out, my RL life ends. I will have to be on life support because I'm never going to move from my chair again.
    Slagging off R2 yet saying it will be your favorite game ever. Wut.

You will still buy the game. If you are that passionate then don't and vote with your wallet. This is the future of gaming and the majority of people deal with it. If you can't deal than I am sorry this is how the world works.

Semisalis

Don't worry, you'll be able to get more factions at $5.99 each and an extra one if you preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanCrassus View Post
    You are certainly right that Steam unleashed a DLC storm. Good thing I don't mind DLC.
    Normal DLC is good, Fall of the Samurai for example, unit packs however are just an efficient way to leech money off people and its vulgar how theyre getting away with it. All unit packs should be free as they add nothing to the base game at all other than pretty colours that are different to what we are used to

Primicerius

Its not that, its this:

I know. It's funny and very ironic.

Its not that, its this:

"Slagging off"? More like "pissed off because I have to pay extra for something that should be in the base game".

Quote Originally Posted by LordUhtred View Post
    Normal DLC is good, Fall of the Samurai for example, unit packs however are just an efficient way to leech money off people and its vulgar how theyre getting away with it. All unit packs should be free as they add nothing to the base game at all other than pretty colours that are different to what we are used to
    A.K.A. communism

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

LOL, agree with Sharpe here.....the OP probably cant make up his mind. Anyway, another rant about the 'limited 8 factions' *sigh*. I think there will be plenty of variation for just about everybody here.

And to be honest i really dont mind if unit-dlc comes around the corner. Or more faction DLC, whatever. I got money, I will buy it anyway. I am not gonna worry and have sleepless nights about this......
    You say "I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and now I'm really worried.". No offence, but this actually sounds so pathetic. You spend so much time thinking about it? Dude, game is a long way from being released! Grab a beer, relax and get a life. Return over 8 months or so and then check what status is about Rome 2. Thats my advice for you.
    Last edited by rogergargantua; February 12, 2013 at 03:53 PM.

Primicerius

While I agree that they should just make all factions playable (no matter how bland they are) I can see why they didn't. If they released the game with all factions playable less people would buy faction DLC to add units to the roster. CA also seems to be changing things up this time around. Giving each of the 8 playable factions more depth then before. We don't know what this means as of yet. It could be quite interesting. Finally, it is not the customer that dictates what "should" be in the game already. That is up to the CA's home office and the TW developement team. Even if we disagree on their decision.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

I agree with you.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Comes Limitis

I get agree with the OP, but then again I made so many bargains at Steam that the few bucks I will spend on DLC's here and there really dont even get close.

Glass is half full in this case imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Primicerius

YOU ARE ALL COMPLETE RETARDS! Irony? IRONY? I clearly am looking forward to the game, so what is so hard to believe I don't want to have to pay s of money to get access to items that are extremely minor modifications to existing features. It's daylight robbery and its just a shame that there are so many stupid like you that people will never stop taking advantage. Have lots of money do you? WELL DONE! I think you'll find not many people do these days so I'm truly happy for you.
    I remember now why I stopped coming on here, which was because the PC community is so stuck up and selfimportant. you retards I'm going back to consoles
    This is just insulting. Not just to the user you're replying to but to many. The simple irony that many are pointing out is that both of your sigs seem to contradict each other. One says you hate Steam and that you won't give CA a drop of your money until they stop using it. The other says that once TWR2 is out you'll be on life support because you'll be so addicted. Irony, yes?
    Last edited by The Dutch Devil; February 12, 2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Insulting

Well i don't necessarily like paying for extra content, but TotalWar is one of the few franchises I'm willing to spend some extra money.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Jack Lusted promised that rome 2 dlc s will not be cut-contents. I hope they keep their words.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Jack Lusted promised that rome 2 dlc s will not be cut-contents. I hope they keep their words.
    I certainly hope so. I think that many people need to understand that it isn't the dev team that makes the final call. It's home office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast