Thread: A Culture for Khwarezmia

Commander of Faith's Avatar Libertus

Default A Culture for Khwarezmia

Have you ever see the portraits of persian characters?
    This was not what iranians looked like during the reign of khwarezmshah but you put persia in the class of regular middle east with the old portraits.
    i think it must be a new culture for Khwarezmian and Seljuks,Ghaznids and all the eastern islamic governments.In the name of eastern_middle_east or persian?
    What do you think?

Default Re: A Culture for Khwarezmia

None of the portraits are historically much correct, why some factions should be especially worked on ?

What is "regular middle eastern" ? with some distinct local features, most of the significiant parts of middle east was under the same cultural influence in terms of outlook, at least upper classes, such as Seljuk fur hats, turbans, silk robes etc.

Not Khwarezm.Go and check the persian helmets and portraits in history books.In this game all the middle eastern types of helmets for portraits are arabic!Not really middle eastern,For example i think culture of Turkish was sth really difference from arabic cultures.Or persian culture includes special portraits.

Those portraits are not Arabic or Persian or anything else, its just what CA thought as "middle eastern", these are not much historical.

Ruling classes were largely Turkic by origin, with local elements of the area they ruled in their administration, thats why there was a kind of mixed cultures in upper classes, for example Seljuk fur hats worn from Persia to Egypt and Anatolia, its a sign of mixed culture of upper classes.

Yes of course!
    But it was just a suggestion.There is no force to accept it.Maybe we will have sub-mods for this things.But thanks for answering this posts

some of those portraits are hilarious, the white guys dressed up in eastern clothing get me every time

"the white guys dressed up in eastern clothing get me every time"
    I really don't see what are you talking about :s

he means some portraits like saladin in crusades campaign

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Saladin was played by Ghassan Massoud.

Under the patronage of m_1512