Thread: Where is Shia?

Commander of Faith's Avatar Libertus

Default Where is Shia?

I was surprised when i saw the shia trait has always a decreasing role in traits of the character in bc mod...
    I thought it isn't fairly right because many of the shia ideologies are improving the faith and chivalry of a character...
    Also many of the Persian people during the Khwarezmshah were Alavids means Shia.
    Can anyone tell me why there is such a mistake like this in broken crescent?
    By thanks COF

Default Re: Where is Shia?

I think it will be changed in BC 2.4
    And it is explained because all muslim dynasties and rulers present in 2.3 (except Omani and Sindh) were sunna.
    Some iranians were shia, but khwarezmian rulers were sunna.

If you wanna play shia, you could use this submod.
    The initial aim of this submod is to do a more realistic representation of religious diversity in Middle East (shia, ibadi, zoroastrian, jews).
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=574070
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; February 11, 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Commander of Faith's Avatar Libertus

khwarizmia was just a reign including the northern persia not all the persia,over 62 percent of iranian people were alavids.Also the Shia-Islam changed the culture of Mongols not their sunnis.And after all of these,Alavid rulers had more influence than sunni rulers in khwarizmian Dirbar(in english it means Palace)

Sadreddine's Avatar Lost in a Paradise Lost

It's supposedly coming in 2.3...but is even 2.3 coming up at all?
    Struggling by the Pen since February 2007.

َاللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ

I'm playing 2.3.2.2, so yes.

Since most of the Muslims in the mod were Sunnis, Shiites are treated as heretics right now, just like the Witch Doctor or Sorceress or something ancillary in Vanilla M2 - decreased Piety and troop morale.

Sadreddine's Avatar Lost in a Paradise Lost

Ah sorry, I meant 2.3.3 or something, you know, the patch just before 2.4.
    Struggling by the Pen since February 2007.

َاللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ

I don't think such a patch will happen. It will go straight to 2.4. There was no 2.1 either.

Unless wudang said there will be a 2.3.3. Which will have just some fixes, nothing major.

All those decimal points are confusing me now.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

It's quite easy, actually. From left to right the numbers mark importance of development steps [major].[minor].[bug fixes].[quick bug fixes].

What's major and what's minor - that's arbitrary and relative. For example, 2.4 will contain some new factions, reworked rosters (conceptually, not graphically) and new recruitment system, which I consider a major change itself, but in the context of 3.0, which is still our goal, although we want to achieve it by accomplishing "minor" steps, it's minor. Also, 2.5 will contain some substantial scripting changes and additions, and most likely also a new and bigger map, so it will be a major step to on a way to even a bigger entity.

So, it depends on what end are you looking from.

2.3.3 is a possibility, but only a possibility. Right now we are working on factional preview, which almost certainly will be posted this month.

Under the patronage of m_1512

The Uyunids of Bahrain are Imami shia and Yemen are Zaidi Shia And You'll play them soon in 2.4
    Last edited by ALFAJI; February 24, 2013 at 05:51 PM.

must....resist........argh! Shia Shia Shia Shia Shia......no comment