Thread: Suggestions and 'thank you's

Default Suggestions and 'thank you's

First, it's important for me to thank all the modders that contributed to this great experience. I played High elves on the table top, so this mod is great chance for me to see warhammer armies marching in one of my favorite video game engines.

I've spent some time playing as Caledor, Naggarythe, and Avelorn, but my most advanced campaign has been with Saphery. I've also played around with the sample armies in custom battles.

I think you've done a great job with the various units of the table top game. The unit balance seems pretty good, but it's a beta, so I have a few suggestions.

cavalry units are a bit too few in number. At my current settings, spearmen come in units of 160, and cavalry in units of 40. They do the damage I expect from a unit of charging cavalry, but they take a few casualties and don't have the numbers to keep going. I would suggest increasing their base number to 50 or 60

The mages of Saphery are very fun to use. I like the effects of their attacks, but I think the apprentice mages of saphery are too strong. They are widely available, for a cost comparable to a unit of bolt throwers, but they are far more effective on the battlefield. My suggestion is that their attacks should be less accurate. Currently, they rarely miss, and that allows a single unit of them to quickly kill an entire enemy unit. If they were less accurate, they wouldn't be quite so devastating.

Next, I am confused by how temples work. Sometimes I have the option of building more than one type of temple, but they seem to cancel out the effects of previously built temples. Were they meant to be exclusive? Are there suppose to be more religion factions than cult of pleasure and worship of Asuryan?

Finally, I have some suggestions for the planned "Struggle for the old World" factions.

I think it would be interesting if the various factions had very different build trees and economies.

Empire and Brettonia can have traditional economies with plenty of ported over buildings. They are the base after all.

Dwarves should have slower population growth, (can there be a faction wide penalty, just behind the scenes?) and to make up for it, they should get bonuses to mining. They should get general traits that give + to mining, as well as anciliaries, and they could even get a more advanced mining building that only they can build.

Orcs and goblins should could not have access to the higher markets, but should get lots of bonuses for looting. plenty of traits and anciliaries to increase income from looting.

Tomb Kings shouldn't do trade at all. I'm not sure how feasible it is, but if they couldn't build markets and their ports and roads didn't give any bonus to trade, that would be good. Instead, they should get bonuses to taxes to make up for it. Of my ideas, I think this is the most difficult to implement, so I'll understand if you go with something less radical, but I think not trading reflects their lore.

Default Re: Suggestions and 'thank you's

Thx for your post.

For cavalry i'm not convinced by increasing the number. Charging spearmen, even from the rear is something dangerous if you don't hit and run pretty quickly. Spearmen are 180 per regiment to balance them vs archers. Goal was to allow at least half of a spearmen regiment to reach a shooting archer regiment at melee (to prevent this mod to be all about archer lolpwning).

About mages and other units, don't worry balancing is a continuing work but i wish i had more help on this with experienced coders coz i'am too busy to redo it.

About Struggle for the Old World, do not worry. As a loremaster of the Sundering and this new campaign i made myself economies and you will find an economy/building tree system as close to the lore and diversified as you already notice in the Sundering campaign. All i can tell you is i ve spent weeks gathering lorewise infos about each factions' economy (and about each province of empire and bretonnia for exemple) and you will have many many buildings and AOR buildings.
    To give you an exemple, let me tell you the building number cap has been reached. I made around 120 buildings.
    Each factions has pros and cons and just to give another exemple, for sure orcs and goblins are very bad at economy, but they have many ancillaries and bonus for pillaging cash

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

You are doing a great job, and I also want to compliment your forum presence Madman. This response was really quick and you have responded in lots of other threads I've read.

I wish I was an experienced coder, but I'm afraid I'm not even a beginner. I am a native English speaker though, so if I were to do some rewrites of unit descriptions, or write some up that are lacking, who should I contact to submit them and what would be the best way to contact them?

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Kolwen and TWmadman are the mod makers. I think you should apply here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=568296

Good suggestions you made, though I'd love to see undead merchants lurking in the Empire, trading ivory!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    (no, please don't! )
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Quote Originally Posted by Caradrayan View Post
    You are doing a great job, and I also want to compliment your forum presence Madman. This response was really quick and you have responded in lots of other threads I've read.

I wish I was an experienced coder, but I'm afraid I'm not even a beginner. I am a native English speaker though, so if I were to do some rewrites of unit descriptions, or write some up that are lacking, who should I contact to submit them and what would be the best way to contact them?

The Sundering mod needs a lot of grammar corrections because i we are not native english speaker. It is a big work but very useful for the mod's sake. If you wanna give a hand, send me a pm and i'll guide you for helping on this topic.

regards

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade