Thread: Empire one Faction?

Default Empire one Faction?

I have an idea for this mod or a sub mod just to throw it out their but can the Empire factions be one faction and have regular soldiers recruited in all settlements then the Special units can be recruited only in certain settlements, would it allow for more playable factions to be incorporated into the Mod? like skaven,goblins and beastmen etc etc.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Empire one Faction?

Beastmen and goblins are already playable, well sorta. Playing with the beastmen is actually funny, for the first turns. However in the "vanilla" mod they are locked out because of some reasons.

However that idea of yours is not illogical at all, in fact it's the only way to go if some one wants to make the empire a single faction. It would be a lot of work thought.

Now, even with the multifactions of the empire they are adding the Skaven, Tomb Kings and Norsca in the next release (no idea if they are "retiring" any faction for that, I guess/wonder if they could fuse the rebels and beastmen as the rebels if they want to). However the issue with adding more factions is not in the number of them. As for today the mod uses 25 faction slots and the game admits up to 31 (rebels always have to be included). So after they add the skaven, the tomb kings and norsca there will be two slots remaining there to be used, it could be in effect Bretania and perhaps Tilea or Stalia.

The main issue here is the cultures available, there's only 7 cultures available for the game to use. As far as I see they are used like this now:
    One for all Empire factions. (can't remember if the border princes uses the same, I think they do)
    One for both good and chaos dwarves.
    One for all factions of the chaos goods.
    One for orks and goblins
    One for good elves.
    One for Sylvania.
    I'm not sure if dark elves uses the same as the chaos factions, the same of the elves or a new for them.

So there you go, they are up to the top. The issue with cultures is that they affect things like the UI and I think some things about the agents upkeep and other stuff (don't know what else). So if you want to include more factions you need to fuse several of them in a single culture, which if it's something technically doable and doesn't affect gameplay much (I think), it will affect immersion a lot, unless the mode team comes up with a generic UI for the light factions and another one for the dark ones or something like that.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; February 15, 2013 at 09:14 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.