Thread: Advanced Great Britain Faction

Default Advanced Great Britain Faction

I've been playing NTW for a while now, and there's always one thing that has annoyed me.

When ever Ireland or Scotland becomes independent. I know it doesn't happen very often, but when it does or even when GBR get's reduced to owning only England. The flag is the problem, so i have an idea, if i could find a way to create a trigger for a different flag for the Great Britain faction whenever this happens. So if Britain loses Ireland / Scotland, the game loads a different flag for it, for example:

So if it loses Ireland, the flag reverts back to the 1700s one. Like the flag in ETW. Or if Britain loses Scotland the flag reverts back to England'ss, or even a new hybrid of Ireland and England.

Please tell me if this is possible.

madrush's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Advanced Great Britain Faction

sadly no its not possible but i like the idea though

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Advanced Great Britain Faction

This is not possible. The closest I've made for MoE:
    If you are Britain and recruit units in Ireland, England or Scotland, they have these icones:

including if you recruit Scottish units.

But if you are a foreign power and "liberate" Scotland, Ireland or Scotland and recruit local troops there, then they will have a different flag (the same for rebel troops) on the icon (and different uniforms)