Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: The pope is resigning

Default Re: The pope is resigning

Quote Originally Posted by Marie Louise von Preussen View Post
    You're basically preaching a form of social conformism, aka herd morality, centered on a fake and anodyne relativism. Whereas we Christians are... proud to be ridiculed. Jesus was a great victim of ridicule. We grew out of catacombs. We built a new Rome when the pagans destroyed it. And when this humanism passes away, which it is already doing, it will be either us who will get our hands in the control pan... or Islam. At least in Europe. You pick the best choice for you.
    -Herds use things like submission, obedience, adherence, dogma, collective ignorance, and social/cultural repression. Also, they will sacrifice their own laws to protect the people they view as holy. I suppose its nice that Catholics believe they are superior and without 'sin' or moral relativity when they feel like it. More and more Catholicism needs to be classified as its own branch separate from Christianity, like Mormonism.
    Last edited by Admiral Piett; February 28, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

The concluding thoughts.

All that you can produce is a cosmology where man is left alone to himself. WE had had that phase in ideological thought, politics, history, philosophy, etc... with German idealism and Existentialism. Both of these are dead solipsistic philosophies. The root of your despise for Catholic institutions and your fetishistic trumping of individual "freedom" vis a vis them is the root of this humanism - which leaves man alone to his own little world, his own little brain in a vat.

You're all nihilists. The "freedom" which you propose is anarchist chaos, and not true freedom. When anyone of you can even begin speaking in terms of Being qua Being, and get beyond that whole BS about "me" and the self-centered thinking (that constitutes "humanism" in the sense I am speaking - the traditional one, derived from Renaissance Platonism), you can then start even grasping the problem. As for now, you seem incapable of overcoming even this basic antinomy, and are stuck in a world of narcissistic mirages created by your own imagination.

Joseph Ratzinger, who writes his Introduction to Christianity, speaks well of this problem. You deride me for being a Platonist, ye the Platonist Vico's dictum vero quia factum is the unconscious root of all your thinking; this effectively means you're deeply locked into the ego, a terrible, awful prison.
    Last edited by Marie Louise von Preussen; March 01, 2013 at 05:59 PM.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

The concluding thoughts.

All that you can produce is a cosmology where man is left alone to himself. WE had had that phase in ideological thought, politics, history, philosophy, etc... with German idealism and Existentialism. Both of these are dead solipsistic philosophies. The root of your despise for Catholic institutions and your fetishistic trumping of individual "freedom" vis a vis them is the root of this humanism - which leaves man alone to his own little world, his own little brain in a vat.

You're all nihilists. The "freedom" which you propose is anarchist chaos, and not true freedom. When anyone of you can even begin speaking in terms of Being qua Being, and get beyond that whole BS about "me" and the self-centered thinking (that constitutes "humanism" in the sense I am speaking - the traditional one, derived from Renaissance Platonism), you can then start even grasping the problem. As for now, you seem incapable of overcoming even this basic antinomy, and are stuck in a world of narcissistic mirages created by your own imagination.

Joseph Ratzinger, who writes his Introduction to Christianity, speaks well of this problem. You deride me for being a Platonist, ye the Platonist Vico's dictum vero quia factum is the unconscious root of all your thinking; this effectively means you're deeply locked into the ego, a terrible, awful prison.
    You've perfectly summed up why are religions so dangerous. Default hostility and to any other worldview, no capacity of understanding other people. You are showing here one huge fallacy. Not only you think that life without god is empty, something so common for theists. You think that life without YOUR god is empty, and you are outright hostile to exploring other options.

The root of your despise for Catholic institutions and your fetishistic trumping of individual "freedom" vis a vis them is the root of this humanism
    There needs to be a bigger laugh emoticon for stuff like this. Comedy gold.

You're all nihilists.
    No we're not, and even if every theist in the world says it, it's still not true.

My concluding thoughts on your concluding thoughts:

Rubbish the lot of it. You seem to think life without your special brand of imaginary friend is.. well, nihilistic, as you called us. This is complete rubbish. For starters, there are over 2000 imaginary friends in the history of humanity to believe in, each just as likely to exist as your imaginary friend. Also, everyone who doesn't believe in your imaginary friend hasn't fallen to their knees in despair and torn their own hearts from their chest, so I find your extremely bold claim that your special brand of imaginary friend is the only one that gives life any purpose to be... well, it leaves a lot to be desired. You call us self centered and yet you created your God in your image, and think he takes time out of running the universe just to have a special interest in you. That he hand made a plan and he has a special place just for you in it. Tell me, who of us is self centered?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    the Church has only improved mankind in history

For this there are words, but none that abide by the ToS.

We all know that new pope is elected and his the first one from Latin America. I heard he's the second pope after 1000 years who's not from Europe. So I would like to get names of all non-Europe popes.

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

This one is called Jorge Mario Bergoglio and is from Buenos Aires, the Papal Name is Francis.

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    We all know that new pope is elected and his the first one from Latin America. I heard he's the second pope after 1000 years who's not from Europe. So I would like to get names of all non-Europe popes.
    "We know that our commander has risen up there and is face to face with Christ. Something must have influenced things so that a South American pope was chosen. Some new hand arrived and got to Christ and said: It is South America's time. That's what I think."

Nicolás Maduro (Venezuela's acting president)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinarius View Post
    "We know that our commander has risen up there and is face to face with Christ. Something must have influenced things so that a South American pope was chosen. Some new hand arrived and got to Christ and said: It is South America's time. That's what I think."

Nicolás Maduro (Venezuela's acting president)
    I don't know how is this relevant answer. I asked for the name of last non-European pope. I found it myself on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Gregory_III

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Future Filmmaker View Post
    -Herds use things like submission, obedience, adherence, dogma, collective ignorance, and social/cultural repression. Also, they will sacrifice their own laws to protect the people they view as holy. I suppose its nice that Catholics believe they are superior and without 'sin' or moral relativity when they feel like it. More and more Catholicism needs to be classified as its own branch separate from Christianity, like Mormonism.
    Being Atheist and Italian I have to say that here very few are the Catholics who think themselves superior or without 'sin'.

I met some wonderful Catholic person, and some evil really evil and hypocrite Catholic, as I met idiotic Atheists and fantastic persons who don't believe in god.

In my opinion the religions don't make the men, but are the men who make the religions.

There are also many kind of Catholics: some more open minded, some other more obscurantist, people who doesn't care about the pope but who feels themselves still Catholic, people who lives carrying the 'cilicio', there are Catholic Unions, and there is Opus Dei, many are the tipologies of the Catholic people, it's not easy to consider the Catholic Church as a monolite, it's a world too big and too composite to be semplified.

The new Pope - well the background of him had something to do with Argetinian dictatorship...what about that?? Also suprisingly, the new Pope wasn´t actually in first in line of being chosen as new Pope...even Ghana Cardinal had better odds for being elected...but suprises exist also in Vatican
    The Sons of Mars - Brutii AAR

​"We Brutii are the only true Romans. We drove out the Kings. We saved Rome. We made the Republic."

OFFICIAL QUIZ SHOW THREAD!! - Go ahead and give your best shot to the trivia questions!! - (LINK CHANGED!! CLICK THE UNDERLINED IS CORRECT ONE!!)
    ​(Made by Philip Regent)

YuriVII's Avatar Primicerius

People just wanted a black pope so they projected their desires. At least that's what I was thinking when people were raving about Turkson, but the stronghold of the modern day catholic church is latin America, not Africa. In addition many other issue that are non-ethnic probably take precedence over race in a papal conclave.

So the Patriarch of Constantinople is going to attend the bishop of Rome's inauguration mass for the first time since the Great Schism of 1054.

Interesting. Some people are saying that this is a sign of gradual movement towards reconciliation. In my opinion there is no point to any of this while the bishop of Rome still claims supremacy.

Happy to see that the Vatican are keeping with their fascist theme.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/i...-2013031462640

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible View Post
    So the Patriarch of Constantinople is going to attend the bishop of Rome's inauguration mass for the first time since the Great Schism of 1054.

Interesting. Some people are saying that this is a sign of gradual movement towards reconciliation. In my opinion there is no point to any of this while the bishop of Rome still claims supremacy.
    Some people don't know what the hell are they talking about. There was too much graves and unfulfilled promises between two churches.

So the previous one was a Nazi, the new one is an Argentinian war criminal. Catholic Church is great at picking its leaders.