Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Upheaval: Breaking Point

Default [HS] Upheaval: Breaking Point

Upheaval: Breaking Point
    This is a private hotseat, you will need an invite to participate

We will play Fire and blood from the great Badger-Dude

There can be only one winner, the goal is to beat all others and no player-player contacts at all.
    Only in game messaging for directions and such, rest is to be made in this thread in "faction character".

You dont have to RP but all conversation regarding the hotseat itself is to be one house to another.

House Bolton: StOuFf the undying
    House Frey: HannibalExMachina the late
    House Darry:Dr Mac , lord of cheese
    House Targaryen: Dux on fire!
    House Yronwood: Emperor of Hell and Hills
    House Redwyne: Mithridate the drunken sailor

I will admin myself, unless someone neutral steps fourth willing to admin Were all experienced so a neutral admin should have little to do
    Should my integrity ever be questioned and im the admin, someone outside will be found to solve the situation

Rules:
    • Pm the next player that it is their turn. You have 24 hours to play each turn before skip/sub
    • No destroying buildings in an under siege settlement. At all other times it is allowed.
    • Forts need to have a garrison of at least 3 units, to limit fort spamming a bit.
    • No assassinations
    • No bug abuse! When you think someone has used a bug report it here and the admin will look into it.
    • No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockading ships.
    • No sallying forth in a siege to deny your besieger the opportunity to sack your settlement.
    • Post pictures of battle odds, involved armies, their banners and the results.
    • Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies standing in defenses, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' is allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort even if defeated by 'b'.
    • Settlements gifted should disband all units save one.

AR vs Humans, you can fight battles vs AI
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; February 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [HS] Upheaval: Breaking Point

So it is not allowed to have any agreements with other player factions?

You can, but they will all be visible to others as theyre made in thread... Its a thought i kinda threw in and that we all need to discuss.
    Basically all ive decided (that is final) is that only one can win in the end and no player-player deals allowed ( its faction/char to faction/char ).

No PMs i think will make things interesting, one will have to keep it much more to the point and diplomacy will take more time.
    But allow anything via in game messages, so people can betray eachother. Alliances and NAPs to be made in public in the thread or at least the agreement.

Basically, two people make a NAP in the thread and accept it. While one of them scheme in game with another faction, and betray the first.

Unless we agree on something else:

Summary:
    No player-player deals
    No PMs but notification of turns

NAPs and Alliances must be posted in the thread, the final agreement anyway ( fake or real does not matter ).
    Shady dealings can ofc be made, but must be made via in game messages
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

Gaming Emeritus

Hmm, ok sounds good.

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

no PMs? hmm that sounds strange a bit but i dont really care ;-)
    i like it when i can just send PMs t palyers because i can look them up again, not having to relaod the save..... i am not so fond of ingame messages as it seems it happened a few times in my HS history that PMs didnt reach the faction OR did reach a faction which was not supposed to receive it.

Thus, agreements have to be posted at least when complete
    Simulates real negotiation well, tho we could opt away the "must post finished deals"

But i like the thought of public deals, and shady hidden dealings in the background

Oh god. That video

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

I think no PM's will be interesting! I look forward to starting

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

ill take frey.

Louis XVI's Avatar Campidoctor

Damn elitists, making a private hotseat and excluding the smallfolk

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Posh hotseaters! Ready, get set, GO!

Aight, going to ask badger dude what version we should use and get it going as we are all set then!

What version do you guys currently have?
    Ive got good old 0.6, its 0.71 thats the latest?

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Aight, going to ask badger dude what version we should use and get it going as we are all set then!

What version do you guys currently have?
    Ive got good old 0.6, its 0.71 thats the latest?
    0.6 over here

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

The options are:
    1) 0.6 (Works fine, mostly)
    2) 0.71 (Works fine for me, some people report CTDs, but has newer features)
    3) 0.71 with a micro-patch to Mith's game files to allow HT to recruit properly
    4) 0.8, for the lulz. (Nowhere near completion but as far as I can see everything works)

0.71 is newer and has the improvements that Mith wanted.

New units, ancillaries, etc.

However, some players are reporting weird CTDs. I think the problem may lie in that the map.rwm file needs to be deleted due to a last minute change or something.

I played two games to turn 100, without a single CTD. So I cannot fathom why other people are having problems.

In 0.71, Hightower cannot recruit the new units, which is not a huge problem but it is very easily fixed. If I send Mith a new EDB and EDU file tomorrow then that should do the trick?

If you guys agree to not play as Wildlings/ Nights Watch or to attack the North, I could always let you play on 0.8 - I'd just turn all the lands beyond the wall to rebels. It's nowhere near finished, but at least for me I get no CTDs :-p

Or, seeing as I haven't been invited as of yet , I can play as King Beyond the Wall if you wanna use 0.8

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post

Or, seeing as I haven't been invited as of yet , I can play as King Beyond the Wall if you wanna use 0.8

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mac View Post
    :-p

IMMA COMING TO GET YOU

We shall use 0.71. Hightower will be AI and killed off quickly ( i hope^^ ) thus no need for a fix.

Targaryens have been SEVERELY nerfed
    A total of nearly two stacks of troops and two castles is all they have now which is still more than most^^

Reduced their Kings purse to 2k from 7,5
    Also, rose my own from 1,5 to 2k out of greed

Gona think some more regarding the Yronwoods and weakening em... but its acceptable

it has begun
    Last edited by Mithridate; February 13, 2013 at 08:17 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Ok, lets start!

Oh... I get it now. You are all playing minor factions :-)

Now the title makes sense!

Someone should play as Rebels :-p

Gaming Emeritus

Frey Up!

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast