View Poll Results: Should arrows be more Visible?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, they're fine the way they are.

22 68.75%
  • Yes, normal arrows should be more visible in the air

10 31.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to make arrows look better?

Default How to make arrows look better?

The archers shooting in volleys looks really nice, but you have to use flaming arrows to actually see the volley. Normal arrows are way too hard to see. Is there any simple way to make arrows contrast more against the background, make them look a little more black? Maybe different looking arrows could be included in 7.0 maybe.

Dahoota's Avatar Miles

Default Re: How to make arrows look better?

I'd say they are fine the way they are, but also add that how visible they are can often be influenced by the resolution you are playing the game at. Less than 1920x1200 and they can sometimes be quite difficult to see as the arrows compete with other details for pixels.

I always play at the maximum resolution. I guess it's just me then who thinks arrows are hard to see. Is there any simple way to change how arrows look?

Marcvs Antonivs's Avatar Senator

They are fine for me as well, the game already has 6-7 years so not much to complain there
    Cassius: "Our men at arms have secured the city. We've received representatives from all the best elements. The senate is with us, the knights are with us."
    Brutus:"The pontifs, the urban cohorts, the lictors guild..."
    Antony: "Oh, the lictors guild, very good. Only rally the bakers and the flute players and you can put on a festival."

I love the bow string animations they use in Third Age and some other mods. Wonder why it has not been implemented to SS yet

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    I love the bow string animations they use in Third Age and some other mods. Wonder why it has not been implemented to SS yet
    cause it's load of work and there are way more people who say they want it implemented than people who actually can implement it and have the time/willingness to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

you did not just ask that question...

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterbruder44 View Post
    you did not just ask that question...

It was more of a statement.

It was more of a statement.
    I added some colour to it to make it easier...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I added some colour to it to make it easier...

Which thread are you circling it's not clear enough.

Which thread are you circling it's not clear enough.
    Just go into the mod workshop
    Last edited by Ishan; August 11, 2013 at 06:27 AM. Reason: no

I was obviously joking.

I was obviously joking.

lol
    JPEmpire is gone!Sauron will conquer all TWC!!!! BUT I can also enjoy the mods (yes I have a computer don't judge Mordor ok?)
    Recommended Mods:
    EUROPA BARBARORUM 2,ROMA SURRECTUM 2,RISE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS,STAINLESS STEEL
    AND
    Dark Lord simulator (Third Age)

cause it's load of work and there are way more people who say they want it implemented than people who actually can implement it and have the time/willingness to do it
    I thought that making a mod this diverse and complex is a load of work. Hard to believe that after achieving the current status of the mod the makers of this mod would say no to a feature because it's "a load of work" Well, that is only my opinion.

I thought that making a mod this diverse and complex is a load of work. Hard to believe that after achieving the current status of the mod the makers of this mod would say no to a feature because it's "a load of work" Well, that is only my opinion.
    The developers are probably focusing their attention on things they see as more important.

if they would have to freeze their work every time a new idea popped up, the final version would never reach a release date...

Quote Originally Posted by ╬Ritterbruder╬ View Post
    I know how to do it and i was writing a detailed tutorial about a year ago but then one thing ed my life for 6 months and i was stressed and then another thing was that i lost my 5 years of mod work so my morale to mod is completely broken. Tutorial still remains half completed:

If there's a demand then perhaps i can take some of time out, install M2TW again and complete this tutorial. Then SS community would only need a handful of committed people who would only do the steps mentioned in my tutorial.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

I for 1 would love to see a tutorial for this. Be great to add it to the mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast