Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Mod Thread: Land of the Rising Sun Mod Version 1.1 is available 2013-07-23

Default Re: Land of the Rising Sun Mod Version 1.0 is available 2013-05-27

Can you please help me. I installed this mod but I didn't get the 40+ factions in my custom battle menu. I have Darth mod 5.0 and Saga faction DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by familyguy1 View Post
    Is there any difference between RSM 1.0 Mod Type and Movie Type?
    No, it is the same file contents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhio View Post
    I have FOTS on steam but I can't get this mod to work. Every time I start the game with rsm-mod enabled, I get a CTD after the launcher.
    You probably have a conflicting mod pack in your data folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochus III Total War View Post
    Can you please help me. I installed this mod but I didn't get the 40+ factions in my custom battle menu. I have Darth mod 5.0 and Saga faction DLC.
    This mod is by no means compatible with DM or any other overhaul mod as stated in the first post

As a clarification, when you say playable factions cannot change allegiance, do you mean when they are controlled by AI they won't flip allegiance throughout the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Yes that was the purpose of the change.
    If thats the case, then it's not really working. In my Satsuma campaign Hirado still converted their allegiance.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

gonna give this a try.

I haven't played Shogun 2 since early 2012 and am now looking for some good mods to spice up the experience. This mod looks rather promising, but I have a couple of questions.

Does the Blood Pack DLC (the main reason I wanted to try the game again ) still work with this mod and does it make changes to the ridiculous realm divide event or do I need a separate mod for that?

i think maybe the land unit in the campain map are moving too fast in the sengoku game, its normal to move that fast but in shogun2, it doesnt appear as many castle in a same province as the history, which might slow the invader down

I noticed that you marked the Armstrong guns as Imperial Units, I'm guessing that's because they are British cannon thus the imperials would have them from their ties to the British. But I think it would make more sense to restrict them based on requiring a British trade district as Imperials clans can choose to trade with america as well, in all of my games Saga does this. And I think it would make sense to allow players to retain them when they declare independence as long as they are trading with the British.

Also, it was a rather rude awakening when I went for republic as Satsuma, while trading with the British, and suddenly lost all of my Armstrong cannon in all of my armies. As I exclusively built them once I could since they were better than Parrotts and didn't have an imperial designation.

Also, according the wiki pages, the Parrott was a US West Point manufactured cannon, so it might make sense to only allow clans trading with the US to produce them, British trading gets the Armstrong guns, French trading nets the current French cannon that you have currently restricted to shogun clans. Also, it might be worth adding the 3-in ordiance rifles for the US trading clans, as they were more accurate and more durable than the Parrotts, but probably more expensive since they were completely made from wrought iron instead of a cast iron barrel like the Parrotts.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

But there is no Guarantee that the AI will build Foreign Trade Districts, that's why may Iutland don't do that...

If Iutland would, it may be something like this:
    Tier 1
    All Smoothbore(Gun, Howitzer, Mortar)
    Tier 2
    Systeme La Hitte Canon-Obusier Napoleon(FR)
    Parrott(US)
    ???(UK)
    ???(Other - Neutral)
    Tier 3
    Systeme Reffye/Lahitolle(FR)
    3 Inch-Ordnance(US)
    Armstrong Gun(UK)
    Gatling Gun(US)
    Krupp C61(Prussia - Neutral)

Why no Mittrailleuse and not C64/67? No Model, That's why...Lahitolle and C61 looks close enough to Armstrong Gun Model...

US Tier 3 are Muzzleloader ,Thus not revolutionary compared to their Tier 2, but Gatling Gun complements that.

French Tier 2 should be Cheaper and Faster to Field, since they are rebored from existing Smoothbores, however the bronze construction limit their effectivity compared to Wrought Iron and Steel Cannons. Tier 3 are Later to field.

UK Tier 3 can be deployed Faster as they adopted Breechloader Early.(Even though The British later reverted back to RML)
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; June 13, 2013 at 12:55 AM.

Thanks for the feedback.

Why don't most of the ai build trade districts, is that just an ai prioritization issue?

Also, is there currently a limit to the number of clans that can build trade districts with each foreign power? I've noticed that Saga never builds the same one as me when I'm Satsuma.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokik View Post
    I haven't played Shogun 2 since early 2012 and am now looking for some good mods to spice up the experience. This mod looks rather promising, but I have a couple of questions.

Does the Blood Pack DLC (the main reason I wanted to try the game again ) still work with this mod and does it make changes to the ridiculous realm divide event or do I need a separate mod for that?
    Yes it is compatible with Blood DLC and yes Realm divide has less penalty effect, which diminishes quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by 110951667 View Post
    i think maybe the land unit in the campain map are moving too fast in the sengoku game, its normal to move that fast but in shogun2, it doesnt appear as many castle in a same province as the history, which might slow the invader down
    Good point+Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CompDragon871 View Post
    I noticed that you marked the Armstrong guns as Imperial Units, I'm guessing that's because they are British cannon thus the imperials would have them from their ties to the British. But I think it would make more sense to restrict them based on requiring a British trade district as Imperials clans can choose to trade with america as well, in all of my games Saga does this. And I think it would make sense to allow players to retain them when they declare independence as long as they are trading with the British.

Also, it was a rather rude awakening when I went for republic as Satsuma, while trading with the British, and suddenly lost all of my Armstrong cannon in all of my armies. As I exclusively built them once I could since they were better than Parrotts and didn't have an imperial designation.

Also, according the wiki pages, the Parrott was a US West Point manufactured cannon, so it might make sense to only allow clans trading with the US to produce them, British trading gets the Armstrong guns, French trading nets the current French cannon that you have currently restricted to shogun clans. Also, it might be worth adding the 3-in ordiance rifles for the US trading clans, as they were more accurate and more durable than the Parrotts, but probably more expensive since they were completely made from wrought iron instead of a cast iron barrel like the Parrotts.
    Good feedback regarding trade districts and change to Republic, thanks (I have to spread some Rep before I can give it to you again) but I think weirdascensor has a good point regarding trade districts constructed by the AI.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    But there is no Guarantee that the AI will build Foreign Trade Districts, that's why may Iutland don't do that...

If Iutland would, it may be something like this:
    Tier 1
    All Smoothbore(Gun, Howitzer, Mortar)
    Tier 2
    Systeme La Hitte Canon-Obusier Napoleon(FR)
    Parrott(US)
    ???(UK)
    ???(Other - Neutral)
    Tier 3
    Systeme Reffye/Lahitolle(FR)
    3 Inch-Ordnance(US)
    Armstrong Gun(UK)
    Gatling Gun(US)
    Krupp C61(Prussia - Neutral)

Why no Mittrailleuse and not C64/67? No Model, That's why...Lahitolle and C61 looks close enough to Armstrong Gun Model...

US Tier 3 are Muzzleloader ,Thus not revolutionary compared to their Tier 2, but Gatling Gun complements that.

French Tier 2 should be Cheaper and Faster to Field, since they are rebored from existing Smoothbores, however the bronze construction limit their effectivity compared to Wrought Iron and Steel Cannons. Tier 3 are Later to field.

UK Tier 3 can be deployed Faster as they adopted Breechloader Early.(Even though The British later reverted back to RML)
    Thanks for the feedback and a detailed Change Request weirdascensor+Rep. I could be implemented along those lines if I can find the time this summer.

Thanks for the feedback.

Why don't most of the ai build trade districts, is that just an ai prioritization issue?

Also, is there currently a limit to the number of clans that can build trade districts with each foreign power? I've noticed that Saga never builds the same one as me when I'm Satsuma.
    I haven't seen an entry that prioritizes the AI to build trade districts? but will look again.

No I don't think there is a limit but will double check. It is not my intention to limit it.

I want to try this mod but each time I launch the Campaign, the client crash. Any idea?

Indefinitely Banned

After thinking about it, Its not the AI building preference that become the main problem, but Foreign Mission Events: Do AI get dilemmas like Human Players?After all, the unit should be having events as trigger, not using Foreign Ports for requirements, as that will render Artillery building inland, or in other provinces useless.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Do you guys suggest to play vanilla FOTS first? Also, is there some recommended (for FOTS and ROTS) mod to play along with this?
    Thanks,

ADMIN HELLO!!! AND ADMIN HERE OR MODERATOR????? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

why is this not moved to Hosted Modifications yet????? this is The Shogun2 mod i dont understand this at all.....

Awesome mod im gonna try and rep the whole team!

Best Regards, Fedual

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    After thinking about it, Its not the AI building preference that become the main problem, but Foreign Mission Events: Do AI get dilemmas like Human Players?After all, the unit should be having events as trigger, not using Foreign Ports for requirements, as that will render Artillery building inland, or in other provinces useless.
    When I mentioned the trade districts, I was meaning that once you have built one anywhere, then you can start producing them. The main point was to find someway to limit their construction based on your current primary foreign trade partner, rather than allegiance.

Not sure if this would work but one option might be to update their limit similar to an agent, such that owning a trade district increases the limit from 0 to some non-zero value. Although if this would work I would put at some large non-zero value so that you can simply build as many as you can afford, as there really isn't any realistic limit for cannon other than creation cost and maintenance.

Indefinitely Banned

When I mentioned the trade districts, I was meaning that once you have built one anywhere, then you can start producing them. The main point was to find someway to limit their construction based on your current primary foreign trade partner, rather than allegiance.

Not sure if this would work but one option might be to update their limit similar to an agent, such that owning a trade district increases the limit from 0 to some non-zero value. Although if this would work I would put at some large non-zero value so that you can simply build as many as you can afford, as there really isn't any realistic limit for cannon other than creation cost and maintenance.
    That Exactly what I've talked about...recruitment based on Trade Mission Trigger rather than Foreign Trading Port itself...

It may works, however 0 unit cap=no unit cap; the lowest value than could be inserted is 1. Triggered Enabler Effect may works better, like Great Guards and Nihon Maru...