Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Mod Thread: Land of the Rising Sun Mod Version 1.1 is available 2013-07-23

Default Re: Land of the Rising Sun Mod Version 1.0 is available 2013-05-27

Also, I noticed that this mod creates naval unit caps for all units not just the vanilla one for Frigates. Was this intentional?

I started a campaign as the Oda, but haven't really gotten far enough into to make a determination as to this mod's qualities. However, I did run into that annoying "sound bug" with bow samurai loosing their arrows sounding like cannon fire. I've tried the Sinfonia Semplice "fix" to resolve the issue without any success.

Quote Originally Posted by PiemasterXL View Post
    I love you Iutland please don't ever stop making make glorious mods and never retire out of butthurt from not being invited to the CA Modding Summit!
    Thank you PiemasterXL I will continue as long is it is fun. For the record, I am a modest and down-to-earth guy with a high self-esteem So I don't have an ego that needs to be boosted/nursed or a narcissistic personality and really don't feel hurt if I wasn't invited to the modding summit. The CA modding summit was their way of getting a closer cooperation with the community (which I think is very good) and the attendees from TWC could be regarded as ambassadors for the new modding (development) tools from CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    Well this is kind of strange, i have the game installed on an SSD, and my graphics cards are 2x Nvidia 670´s and i still lag when there is a large amount of smoke on the screen :/ is there any way of reducing it myself in the data files?
    Their are no settings in the mod that modifies battle smoke (yet)

Quote Originally Posted by PiemasterXL View Post
    Iutland please help, I'm still getting the bows sounding like cannons bug even after I install senfonia semplice!
    I wish I could

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnal View Post
    I can't believe I didn't notice this mod before! It's incredible! Thank you very much for creating it, it's pretty much the ideal Shogun 2 experience from what I have played so far.
    Thanks Incarnal

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    This looks like a reason to play shogun 2 again!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Will. View Post
    I don't post much but I would just like to say great job for making a great mod. I've always played With Darth but this is a nice change.

Ther doesn't seem to be many comments of user experience turn by turn so here's my little input.

I started a sengoku campaign. I started as Tokugawa on H/H and a long campaign. As you stated the mod starts of with peace with Oda. After a few turns increasing farming and my army, Oda declared war on turn 3. I immediately went to battle with the stray army on my borders. After an easy victory I found the Oda province with only one unit and the general. I easily took control on the same turn wiping them out. A few turns on I then conquered the province opposite Oda controlled my Saito. I then continued onto Kiso for that glorious stone. This was a hard battle which cost me 80% of my army. About two turns on Imagawa declared war taking my home provience with a full stack then Oda which I previously conquered. The following turn Hojo declared war, followed by Amako, Chosokabe. It's now around turn 13 and I'm re-building my army as I see a full stack of Hojo near Kiso. As I only had my two generals and a few stacks I bottled it headed back to the Saito province. With only half an army I was screwed. Hojo continued on to where I ran too with Imagawa coming from the opposite turn. The following turn I had around 6 units of normal ashigaru, two bow units and my two generals. I went to battle with a full stack of Hojo and a full stack of Imagawa as support. The battle lasted about half hour but was one of the best I've had. I lost but not without a fight. It was game over for me after turn 16.

I play the game for gameplay and when it comes to historical accuracy I'm actually not to worried, as long as it plays well I'm happy. I will attempt the same campaign tomorrow but with the exception of taking my time and covering other provinces.

All in all, a top notch mod!
    Thank you Will and also an informative feedback

Quote Originally Posted by CompDragon871 View Post
    Have you looked into making encyclopedia entries for this mod?
    Yes, but skipped it so far. The files are located outside the pack file and I don't think they can be uploaded to Steam Workshop. Maybe I will include them as a separate rar file later on.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

No modified smoke? This is what we need! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=530923

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by Elianus View Post
    A few suggestions for the Sengoku Jidai campaign:
    1.More realistic clan bonuses like better and more firearm units for clans like the Shimazu, Date, Tokugawa.
    2.Get rid of katana samurai. Completely unrealistic. You could give them bows and have them as the generic samurai unit (not completely ahistorical for the starting date). They could have normal bows and you could change the archer unit into an elite, long-range bow (daikyuu) unit with even better melee stats.
    3. Better melee stats for teppo samurai. These were elite units
    4.Add ashigaru sharpshooters, with light infantry behaviour and the ability to deploy anywhere
    5.Make the yari cav better at melee and turn the katana cav into some elite and rare unit. Only way I can think of that could justify their existence
    6. Better melee stats for yumi cav. And make them rare too. These guys were elite but they were beginning to fade away.
    7. I understand why this would not take the top of your list but adding named units at some point would really make the game more atmospheric.
    Very good suggestions Elianus; I need to consider which ones I can find time to implement

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    Hmmh...I'm do not have any time to even play the game for the time being, so I better inquire further...but there are some things I can comment on for now:

1. Imperial Inf having extra range compared to Shogunate Inf don't feel fair...they should be quite balanced, as Shogunate Inf should not had used Dreyse as their main issue rifle, but Tabattiere since France was Shogunate main backing. The Guards are even fully equipped with brand-new Chassepot 1866.

The Shogunate itself have a fully equipped modernized army thanks to French Military Mission, but the supporting clans are mostly not modernizing fast enough. On the contrary, The Imperial Army are comprised from Clan, Daimyo Armies that Modernizes themselves very well.

Dreyse Zundnadelgewehr mostly bought Privately, not by The French-Equipped Shogunate itself, and so I suggest that Dreyse should be given to Clan Unique Troops that can be trained before Shogunate/Imperial Inf can be trained. This should represent Local clans having initiative to modernize their own armies. I prefer Nagaoka, however they do not have any Unique Units, so Bear Infantries and Vermillion Birds should be the next choice.

Here's an good Illustrated book about Bakumatsu and Early Imperial Japanese Armies:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/74873120/J...orms-1841-1929
    A Goldmine, I tell ya....

And oh, perhaps adding 1 turn for each ship commisioning in FoTS can help reduce AI raids.
    Thanks for the feedback weirdoascensor I can agree on the Dreyse for clan-specific units only issue and thanks for the reference. I have however been consulting the same book since I started modding FotS

Quote Originally Posted by Drivebybacon View Post
    This Mod sounds great and I would love to try it, but I'm having trouble installing it. I've followed the instructions, extracted the Mod pack type file into the data folder but it doesn't work.

Whenever I try start Shogun 2, I select RSM_1_0.pack through the mod manager but all I get is the loading screen for a few seconds then it crashes to desktop. I've checked for any other mods that might be causing a problem but I can't seem to find anything that shouldn't be there.

I've got:

boot.pack
    bp_orig.pack
    data.pack
    data_fots.pack
    local_en.pack
    local_en_patch.pack
    model.pack (1+2)
    movies.pack (1+2)
    movies_fots.pack
    patch.pack (1-23)
    patch_bp.pack
    patch_fots.pack (1-5)
    patch_movies.pack (1-5)
    patch_movies_fots.pack (1+2)
    shaders.pack (1-14)
    sound.pack
    terrain.pack

and of course RSM_1_0.pack

Can you help a novice out? Thanks.
    Is your game up to date via Steam since you write patch 1-23? There is no patch pack anymore

Quote Originally Posted by TehGonk View Post
    Hi, just wanted to come by and say that I'm really loving this mod! Some of my favourite features so far (I've only played a short while) are the new units which feel very much like they actually belong in the game, the way you made garrisons work with dojos contributing to them (was this in vanilla?), and that it feels like I'm playing vanilla but with some of the annoying stuff either changed or removed (and I mean that in an entirely good way).

Like I said, I haven't been playing for very long and tbh, I'm not sure how different the AI's behaviour is to vanilla 'cause I'm quite new to S2, but I notice that quite a few "great clan destroyed" messages where coming up in the first 5-10 turns and actually on one turn about 5 clans apparently got steamrolled lol. Oh, and I'm playing the defualt S2 campaign (sengoku jidai?).

I do have a few requests which you can feel free to ignore too:
    1. If you can be bothered maybe make a more performance friendly version which removes things like those little flags soldiers have attached to their backs and other excessive particle effects you think people might be able to live without. (Basically something along the lines of this.)
    2. Again, if possible/you can be bothered, make the land clearance building destructible or maybe have it on a timer or something 'cause it can be rather annoying for anyone who isn't playing as Otomo.
    And lastly, more of a personal gripe and potentially something others are perfectly happy with is if it might be possible to address the slightly annoying tendancy the AI to build up their castles to a really high level very early on (first 10-15 turns) even if they don't need/use the building slots.

Thanks again!
    Gonk
    Thank you Gonk

I am not sure that I will make a lite version and removing the Sashimonos from the soldiers back, because I will only maintain one pack file for the main mod.

Regarding the land clearances, it is a good suggestion and on my to do list

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Regarding the land clearances, it is a good suggestion and on my to do list
    Nice! It is kind of silly that you can't do anything about it if the AI decide to build it in their province imo, though I can see the potential for it to be exploited if the system you choose to allow the player to remove it isn't implemented in a balanced way.

Also, do you mind me messing about with some of the unit stats for example? I've recently learned how to do some very basic modding and would love the chance to simultaneously practice this new found skill and also test out some theories about unit balance and the like...

here is some more detailed feedback on unit balance I hope you will appreciate: (this is all for low level ashigaru units)

Naginata peasant and regular ashigaru should have their melee attack increased by 1 point. This, I find (I ran best out of 5 tests in custom battle for their respective classes), logically separates all three (in the case of regular ashigaru, and the two for peasant ashigaru) units and gives them each very slight advantages and disadvantages vs each other.
    Naginata just about beat both other types in direct melee, nagae/pike yari should be the best against cavalry, and mochi yari are a good mix of both as they will beat naginata ashigaru against cavalry and nagae yari in melee but in theory, would loose or be less effective if you reverse the situation.

I think in terms of usefulness on the battlefield these two small changes to the ashigaru units might be essential. Something else that I think you really need to consider is making the peasant units considerably cheaper in both upfront cost and in upkeep. As it stands, I can't see any reason to recruit peasant units over regular ashigaru seeing as the difference in cost is tiny. (btw this is not to say I don't like them, I'm just trying to make them more than an aesthetic addition to game.)

Use case for the peasant units if their recruitment and upkeep cost was reduced could be really cheap but risky garrison units you can leave at home.

So yeah, if you like this kind of feedback and maybe find it useful I'd be happy to continue testing stuff out both in campaign and, like in this case, in custom battle tests.

keep up the great work!
    Gonk

Quote Originally Posted by TehGonk View Post
    here is some more detailed feedback on unit balance I hope you will appreciate: (this is all for low level ashigaru units)

Naginata peasant and regular ashigaru should have their melee attack increased by 1 point. This, I find (I ran best out of 5 tests in custom battle for their respective classes), logically separates all three (in the case of regular ashigaru, and the two for peasant ashigaru) units and gives them each very slight advantages and disadvantages vs each other.
    Naginata just about beat both other types in direct melee, nagae/pike yari should be the best against cavalry, and mochi yari are a good mix of both as they will beat naginata ashigaru against cavalry and nagae yari in melee but in theory, would loose or be less effective if you reverse the situation.

I think in terms of usefulness on the battlefield these two small changes to the ashigaru units might be essential. Something else that I think you really need to consider is making the peasant units considerably cheaper in both upfront cost and in upkeep. As it stands, I can't see any reason to recruit peasant units over regular ashigaru seeing as the difference in cost is tiny. (btw this is not to say I don't like them, I'm just trying to make them more than an aesthetic addition to game.)

Use case for the peasant units if their recruitment and upkeep cost was reduced could be really cheap but risky garrison units you can leave at home.

So yeah, if you like this kind of feedback and maybe find it useful I'd be happy to continue testing stuff out both in campaign and, like in this case, in custom battle tests.

keep up the great work!
    Gonk
    Hi Gonk

No of course I don't mind; it is a very good initiative that should be promoted+Rep

Thanks for the feedback. The current stats are based on Ashigaru vs. Samurai, so I find your Ashigaru Type#A vs. Ashigaru Type#B test results interesting

Cheers
    iutland

Lutland,

I love your mod so far but my two GTX 580s don't so much. The amount of units per unit slot is killing my FPS on the battlefield. I tried to lower it to Medium and Small in options but it doesn't change the default 400-600 units. Is there a way somehow to lower the amount of units to like Vanilla? I want to keep playing this and I have a pretty rocking rig, I'm surprised others haven't mentioned the sheer size killing battlefield FPS. Is there a line of code or option I can change?
    Thank you for the great mod otherwise; and your time/help.

I'm playing FOTS BTW.

Default Re: Land of the Rising Sun Mod Version 0.7 Public Beta is available 2013-03-03

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post
    One rather minor nitpick

Yes this one is japanese made..............but its theme is obviously chinese.
    This is a picture story (in Japanese style) from Romance of the Three Kingdoms ~ Zhuge Liang capture and release Meng Huo 6 times (in Chinese story it should be capture and release 7 times).

Wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuge_L...thern_Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedben View Post
    Lutland,

I love your mod so far but my two GTX 580s don't so much. The amount of units per unit slot is killing my FPS on the battlefield. I tried to lower it to Medium and Small in options but it doesn't change the default 400-600 units. Is there a way somehow to lower the amount of units to like Vanilla? I want to keep playing this and I have a pretty rocking rig, I'm surprised others haven't mentioned the sheer size killing battlefield FPS. Is there a line of code or option I can change?
    Thank you for the great mod otherwise; and your time/help.
    I'm playing FOTS BTW.

I'm using almost exclusively this mod with FoTS and my game settings has unit size set to the maximum setting, but I only have 200 men per large unit (line infantry, levy soldiers, etc.) which is the same as the vanilla. And I started my current campaign purely with this mod. Also, it looks like the game locks in the unit size (regardless of graphics menu setting) for a campaign at it's start. I tried changing my setting and it didn't apply to my already existing campaigns but did when I started a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by CompDragon871 View Post
    I'm using almost exclusively this mod with FoTS and my game settings has unit size set to the maximum setting, but I only have 200 men per large unit (line infantry, levy soldiers, etc.) which is the same as the vanilla. And I started my current campaign purely with this mod. Also, it looks like the game locks in the unit size (regardless of graphics menu setting) for a campaign at it's start. I tried changing my setting and it didn't apply to my already existing campaigns but did when I started a new one.
    CompDragon,

Thanks. At least this gives me clarity because now it must be the fault of another mod I have installed, maybe DMS. I appreciate it.

CompDragon,

Thanks. At least this gives me clarity because now it must be the fault of another mod I have installed, maybe DMS. I appreciate it.
    DM has a bad tendency to change your preference settings without reverting back to vanilla once uninstalled So I get the same complaints when players switch from DMN to LME

Thanks for the help CompDragon+Rep

This is the instruction that I posted in this thread and let me know if it works?: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...it-Size-Mishap

You will find the preferences.script.txt located in the following folder (co-located with the user.script file): C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts (Win7/Win8).

Open/edit the file with Notepad or Notepad++.

Locate line#9 with the following text:
    campaign_unit_multiplier 1; # campaign_unit_multiplier <float>, Set default unit multiplier for campaign #

Change the floating point (in this case represented by 1) back to 1 from whatever value it currently is.

Save the file and you are good to go

Default Re: Land of the Rising Sun Mod Version 0.7 Public Beta is available 2013-03-03

Quote Originally Posted by redirflow View Post
    This is a picture story (in Japanese style) from Romance of the Three Kingdoms ~ Zhuge Liang capture and release Meng Huo 6 times (in Chinese story it should be capture and release 7 times).

Wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuge_L...thern_Campaign
    Thanks for the info redirflow+Rep

Is there any difference between RSM 1.0 Mod Type and Movie Type?

The Great War Mod for NTW!

I have FOTS on steam but I can't get this mod to work. Every time I start the game with rsm-mod enabled, I get a CTD after the launcher.