Thread: [Proposal] TROM3 Requests for DMS

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Default [Proposal] TROM3 Requests for DMS

Hey there. First let me say that I mean no offense or to step on any toes by making this request. If it is against the rules to make requested combinations of Hosted Modifications I am sorry. Now then, I love both DMS and TROM3. I have one on my laptop and one on my desktop and have played them both a lot.. but now TROM3 is not being supported it would seem. Yarkis has not given any updates for a long time and there have been no messages about his whereabouts

I would like to make a request for some things I enjoy from TROM3 to be implemented into a submod for DMS. I didn't include everything from TROM3 as that would be a lot of work and some of the later stuff Yarkis was working on was bugged (FotS stuff). These are the things from TROM3 I have a hard time playing without. If this is too much work for someone or you do not feel comfortable combining the work of hosted modifications I understand. These are all Sengoku Jidai changes.

1) The Ashigaru Improvements. In TROM3 there is a line of technology improvements for Ashigaru that turn them from fodder into full time soldiers and the focus of late game play. There are also additional Ashigaru units that show the transition from weak soldiers to strong ones. I am also not sure if the unit stats would need to be changed or not to reflect Yarkis' vision for Ashigaru.

2) Dynamic Unit Caps. There are unit limits that increases as you expand your territory. This is to ensure that Samurai are elite units that you cannot mass produce and reinforces the fact that Ashigaru were the mainstay of armies.

3) Area Recruitment. One of the last features Yarkis was working on was being able to recruit units from territories after you conquered that faction. These units kept the same colors of their former faction. It was another way to increase your army size due to the unit cap limits.

4) Additional Units. Yarkis had selected some units from AUM and adapted them for TROM3 as well as adding some of his own (for example all of the Ashigaru unit types). Would love to have those here as well.

I'm sure all of these things can be taken from the TROM3 Campaign and Battle file.. but I don't know what would need to be taken, rebalanced for DMS, or what would conflict with DMS' design. I would try doing this myself if I was a better modder.. but alas I am not.

Thank you to anyone who has taken the time to look at this request, and I am sorry again if this request is out of line.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Proposal] TROM3 Requests for DMS

Now that the latest version of DarthMod is out is anyone willing to take another look at this?
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Default Re: [Proposal] TROM3 Requests for DMS

Woa i've never played Trom3 but those features sound awesome.