Thread: Skins problems

Default Skins problems

The fact I only play in customized battles pushed me to edit the Frisians and Anglo-Saxons units settings, by adding them to a faction of the game (i choose the Frankish Empire for historical reasons).
    I finally managed to do it, but when I started a party with those units, in one case the game crashed and in the other, where I choosed units with specific pictures, the units where there but with big skins and textures problems.

Anyone could help on this subject? And tell me if the problem is part of the skins of these units or my wrong manipulation of files. (I simply edited the units from slave to hr, papal_states, slave )

Default Re: Skins problems

its was probably casued by wrong entry in battle_models.MODELDB file, you have to add entry in there aswell to be able to play with the unit as diffrent faction

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Thank you for answering. Yeah I figured It probably was due to this file. But I have no idea what are those entry which need to be changed you're talking about. Can you develop a little more? I searched for similar problems and found no clear answers.

theres few tutorials around forums how to handle BMDB file just one out of many or this one thought wotn release doesnt include formatted BMDB which might be a big problem for some modders (including me)

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Ok I figured out the problem : There surely is sprites files missing in the data, because I have only one Frisian sprite and no English sprite at all. Thought I don't understand why because I download the full 1.32 version of the game.