Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Chinese maritime aggression. Other East Asian nations now remember why they like America

Default Re: Chinese maritime aggression. Other East Asian nations now remember why they like America

Vietnam and Philippines are not Allies, England, France, Germany, Canada are allies. Vietnam and Philippines are in the US sphere of influence. Play some victoria 2 and see the difference. Allies are between equals or close to equals.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Chinese maritime aggression. Other East Asian nations now remember why they like America

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    ameen to that. that list you posted is highly embarassing for Americans. expect some harsh replies. ride the storm brother.

check this out,

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/20...rumsfeld-memos

even the former CoS is saying how much Washington lies to get its wars going
    Oh I'm getting ready for it. I knew that this reaction will come likely. The Americans can't debate that list as I've highlighted in bold. Course I'll ride the storm, am waiting for it. Nice article there! Anyway, thanks for the support!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    They have been an ally since WWII. Start sourcing your claims please.

Source please.

Cannot you not read English? Last time i checked this thread was about Chinese maritime aggression. Not about what the US has done in the past.

Now answer the question please.

Stop moving the topic. The thread title is :Chinese maritime aggression. Other East Asian nations now remember why they like America

This thread is not about America's past. I do not have to prove your claims or provide you with evidence of china's interventions. its irrelevant.

What right does China have to bully its neighbors?

This is really ironic coming from the person who refuses to answer my question. Read the thread title, and learn how to debate.
    Azoth, there is no point in debating with someone that not only does not understand the concept of realism but does not understand that what the US did over a hundred years ago does not give China the excuse to do the same.

No. The Philippines was a US colony that was taken by the Japanese, and then the US liberated the colony and gave them their independence. Learn some history.

Did i say the US had the right to bully its neighbors? Nope. You are deflecting and still refuse to answer my question.

Still waiting for your answer.

No, no i don't. Learn how to debate. When you make a claim, you have to provide evidence to back it up. I am not providing evidence for something i haven't claimed.

What you posted means absolutely nothing and its proof again of you trying to move the topic.

Your entire argument is a fallacy. You are trying to say "The US has done it, so China can too"

That is a fallacy. Two wrongs do not make a right.

QUOTE=Marshall of France;12611426]Show how China has intervened. Give me proof. Because if China bullies its neighbors, then how come the US did in the past? You only pick out the weak bits instead of debating the stronger bits.
    Where have i claimed that China has intervened? No where. I do not have to prove a claim I never made.

I don't even understand the bolded part. is English your second language? Could you re-phrase the question?[/QUOTE]

No, No, it was a short lived republic. And then came under US influence. I'm telling you for sure.

Did i say the US had the right to bully its neighbors? Nope. You are deflecting and still refuse to answer my question.

You forget to capitalize the I and yet you claim English is my second language. Deflecting? Why no sir, all nations given the power of a superpower have the superb right to intervene in their spheres of influence. The list shows that the US have exceeded their spheres of influence. You are telling me that China has intervened, and that would mean bullying in all rightly sense.
    Last edited by Erebus Pasha; February 20, 2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Personal references

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Oh I'm getting ready for it. I knew that this reaction will come likely. The Americans can't debate that list as I've highlighted in bold. Course I'll ride the storm, am waiting for it. Nice article there! Anyway, thanks for the support!
    they have the cheek to criticise China for peacefully and diplomatically voicing its territorial concerns whilst they have been bombing poor people in flip flops for 30 years now. The nation that spends more on its military than every other nation combined criticises China for increasing its military spending or modernising its forces. The world is sick of their bullying and their cheeseburgers.

Quote Originally Posted by ☩Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves☩ View Post
    Azoth, there is no point in debating with someone that not only does not understand the concept of realism but does not understand that what the US did over a hundred years ago does not give China the excuse to do the same.
    China- Superpower.

Definition of Superpower:

A superpower is a state with a dominant position in the international system which has the ability to influence events and its own interests and project power on a worldwide scale to protect those interests. A superpower is traditionally considered to be a step higher than a great power.

America is doing that.

China isn't.

they have the cheek to criticise China for peacefully and diplomatically voicing its territorial concerns whilst they have been bombing poor people in flip flops for 30 years now. The nation that spends more on its military than every other nation combined criticises China for increasing its military spending or modernising its forces. The world is sick of their bullying and their cheeseburgers.
    Hmm...agreed. They do this all so they can sell their weapons. They start wars because of it. Now look at it, they've all said I don't understand realism and world concept. Obvious reaction. Yes, the world is sick. Any Empire would do the same. Any superpower would do the same. China has a right to do what she wants in her sphere of influence. If she's being a bully, then why hasn't she invaded the nations? She hasn't. But the Amercians have.
    Last edited by Erebus Pasha; February 20, 2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: double post

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Actually they do.

If your neighbour is one of the major powers in the world where you're considered a "minor" nation, regardless of what you do you're going to get dragged or influenced in what they decide to do one way or another. That's just how politics work. China is simply so big that you cannot ignore it.
    No, i'm still right. You merely described how it happens. i was merely saying it shouldn't have to happen.

No he's saying it's silly to critize one when the another isn't actually any better and doing the same. The Americans aren't doing these things out of the goodness of their heart. You have to be a fool to actually believe any country would do such a thing.
    No, it isn't silly. Its a poor justification. Just because the US has done it, does not mean China gets to do it too. Is this really so hard to understand?

The only reason why you think America is the "Angel" here is because we live in the west so we're suppose to be the "good" guys. America can do whatever it wants as Marshall already listed and you'll still believe that it's for the greater good. No matter what China does even if it's in the interests of peace
    I don't think America is an angel. Thats poor assumption on your part. Nor have i been claiming they are.

And i love how you justify their bullying. Interests of peace my ass. If China was interested in peace they would be bullying their neighbors for a bunch of island they have zero claim to.

Set up puppet governments. Why do you think so many dicators in South America and the Middle East stayed for a such a long time? Because the Americans supported and put them there to begin with. It's only when the people got pissed off that they had to cut ties with them.
    You didn't answer my question. Answer please.

Americans on the other hand is the one going around setting up military bases on other people's soil, set up governments that are friendly to them, etc.
    And this makes it ok for China to bully its nieghbors because????

Oh wait it does. Just more poor justification.

I don't critize them for that because every country has a right to interfere in the rights of others in order to protect their interests and people. What America/China is doing is what any other country that looks out for itself would do if they had the power. If you can't see that then you need to travel out a lot more.
    Do you know what i find funny. You criticize the US for what it has done, but when China is doing it now, you attempt to justify it. Prime example of hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by lemondude View Post
    Vietnam and Philippines are not Allies, England, France, Germany, Canada are allies. Vietnam and Philippines are in the US sphere of influence. Play some victoria 2 and see the difference. Allies are between equals or close to equals.
    Lemon, stop. Jin proved this already. The Philippines is an ally, and Vietnam is becoming a US ally.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Look, ignoring the important points yet saying we have no brains. What a wonder.

No, i'm still right. You merely described how it happens. i was merely saying it shouldn't have to happen.

No, it isn't silly. Its a poor justification. Just because the US has done it, does not mean China gets to do it too. Is this really so hard to understand?

I don't think America is an angel. Thats poor assumption on your part. Nor have i been claiming they are.

And i love how you justify their bullying. Interests of peace my ass. If China was interested in peace they would be bullying their neighbors for a bunch of island they have zero claim to.

You didn't answer my question. Answer please.

And this makes it ok for China to bully its nieghbors because????

Oh wait it does. Just more poor justification.

Do you know what i find funny. You criticize the US for what it has done, but when China is doing it now, you attempt to justify it. Prime example of hypocrisy.

Lemon, stop. Jin proved this already. The Philippines is an ally, and Vietnam is becoming a US ally.
    If China was interested in peace they would be bullying their neighbors for a bunch of island they have zero claim to.

So why haven't they invaded them yet like the US have done in the past?

The Amercians will sure def come up with some counterattack. Heheh. I'm ready for it. Give me your best shot.
    Last edited by Erebus Pasha; February 20, 2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: double post

Civitate

No, No, it was a short lived republic. And then came under US influence. I'm telling you for sure.
    Source it then. Last time i checked, The Philippines was a Spanish colony until the US took it from them in 1898, then the US gave them their independence in 1945 or 1946.

You forget to capitalize the I and yet you claim English is my second language. Deflecting? Why no sir, all nations given the power of a superpower have the superb right to intervene in their spheres of influence. The list shows that the US have exceeded their spheres of influence. You are telling me that China has intervened, and that would mean bullying in all rightly sense.
    No, i am not. China is bullying its neighbors. The OP presents that quite well.

You also have still refused to answer my question while i answered yours.

If China was interested in peace they would be bullying their neighbors for a bunch of island they have zero claim to.

So why haven't they invaded them yet like the US have done in the past?
    Because their military is too weak and the nations have the protection of the US.

Now stop deflecting and tell me why its only wrong when the US bullies its neighbors, and not China.
    Last edited by Erebus Pasha; February 20, 2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: continuity purposes
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Hmm...agreed. They do this all so they can sell their weapons. They start wars because of it. Now look at it, they've all said I don't understand realism and world concept. Obvious reaction. Yes, the world is sick. Any Empire would do the same. Any superpower would do the same. China has a right to do what she wants in her sphere of influence. If she's being a bully, then why hasn't she invaded the nations? She hasn't. But the Amercians have.
    many Americans you will come across on the internet on forums such as these are young men who were born into a unipolar hyperpower world where the US reigns supreme and can do what it likes, torture who it likes and bombs who it likes. They fear a rival. They do not understand how people can "resist" US hegemony. It is an alien concept to them. They play Call of Duty on their Xboxes and they believe the earth is 4000 years old. Diplomacy and negotation is seen as weakness. Master Chief never negotiates in Halo. They dont understand it.

They fear China because it is becoming strong. They fear a new balance of power.

They are considered an Allie now because there are no sphere of influence anymore. Even you got to admit that the relationship between US and Philippines is different from US England.

Why does China have to be right? Can't it just be wrong like the US or unlike the US however you want to look at it. Why is being right so important.

Civitate

They are considered an Allie now because there are no sphere of influence anymore. Even you got to admit that the relationship between US and Philippines is different from US England.
    Just because its different means nothing. They have been allies US WWII and thats the only thing that matters.

Why does China have to be right? Can't it just be wrong like the US or unlike the US however you want to look at it. Why is being right so important.
    Wow. You finally understand. China's actions are wrong. Congratz.
    Last edited by Vanoi; February 20, 2013 at 06:44 PM.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Just because its different means nothing. They have been allies US WWII and thats the only thing that matters.
    the US/Filipino relationship is indeed much different to the US/UK relationship. The former is more like an Austrian man keeping his daughter in a basement since the 19th century and the latter as two rivals who had a fight and then shook hands.

Wow. You finally understand. China's actions are wrong. Congratz.

Not gonna argue the allies thing, but to the second point even the American motto is to protect her INTERESTS, not justice or democracy or whatever.

de gaulle even said France has no friends only interests.

I only said wrong because you keep wanting to say China is wrong. But in my eyes a country's right or wrong is not really that important in the face of its national interest. When Germany was invading France it didn't matter it was wrong, all it matters was that France was no match for the Germans and it was in German's interest to win.

Civitate

Not gonna argue the allies thing, but to the second point even the American motto is to protect her INTERESTS, not justice or democracy or whatever.
    And her allies are in her interests.

I only said wrong because you keep wanting to say China is wrong. But in my eyes a country's right or wrong is not really that important in the face of its national interest. When Germany was invading France it didn't matter it was wrong, all it matters was that France was no match for the Germans and it was in German's interest to win.
    Lol. So your saying it would be right for America to invade China and "liberate" it from Communism as long as its in America's interests?
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

i wonder what they make of brony memes in China

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This thread is not about America's past. I do not have to prove your claims or provide you with evidence of china's interventions. its irrelevant.
    Complaining about the subject changing to American history while you're the one who brought up the subject doesn't look too good. We're discussing CHINA. What CHINA is doing in the South China Sea. Right now. It's disgusting, and your attempts to justify it even moreso. Mental ing gymnastics if I've ever seen them.

China has every right to do what it wants. It is becoming a superpower. No one tells the US off for taking oil freely from Afghanistan which belong to the Afghan people. No one tells the US off for intervening in Vietnam. No one tells the US to supply which oil they wants.
    You uhm. Wat. Oil in Afghanistan? So do you even know where this country is on a map? 's sake man.
    China can do what they want? Yeah, screw every single independent people around them, they're really just Chinese rebels anyways. What do they know? These douchers are just trying to undermine the regime, man. I'm tellin ya. The Phillipines aren't even a real country, have you ever seen them? Until I see proof that they're real and not just CIA forged pictures, I'm going to have to go ahead and say they're a lie. This is all, like, an evil Amerikkkan conspiracy.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Comes Limitis

i wonder what they make of brony memes in China
    no you didnt
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

And her allies are in her interests.

Lol. So your saying it would be right for America to invade China and "liberate" it from Communism as long as its in America's interests?
    Her allies are her interest but only certain allies and at certain times. If her allie proved to be not in American interests to get involved then America won't America isn't the Earth's guardian Angel, but the world's super power.

No, but if it is in America's interest and they could do it then yes.

Why do you keep saying right or wrong, what does it matter who's right or wrong. When you fight with your girlfriend does it matter if who's right? Only who has to surrender/apologize which as it turns out is me.

Civitate

No, but if it is in America's interest and they could do it then yes.
    Cool, then you can't complain about how the US acts around the world as long as its in their interests, correct?

Why do you keep saying right or wrong, what does it matter who's right or wrong. When you fight with your girlfriend does it matter if who's right? Only who has to surrender/apologize which as it turns out is me.
    Do you realize the world runs on international law? Do you understand this isn't the 1800s and nations can't do whatever they want?

And i think you may have confused the way i used the word "right." I did not mean it in the notion of right and wrong, but what justification China had for its actions.
    Last edited by Vanoi; February 20, 2013 at 07:35 PM.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC