Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II v4.45 Open Beta Update 10 [19/3/2013]

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v4.45 Open Beta Update 3 [10/2/2013]

Quote Originally Posted by BuRnInICE View Post
    I'm also having a lot of trouble getting trade agreements as the Ikko Ikki even with clans that are Very Friendly with me. Most just flat out refuse the trade no matter how good your offer is. What's causing that?
    Many peopel have this problem, and the cause is unknown.
    I think it's something darth changed after v2.3.

<Incoming Transmission>
    Reporting in commander

Playing as Tokugawa on hard, captured Oda, rebelled against Imigawa, took their first castle, began war with Takeda, Hojo as a result of Rebellion, holding own, Diplomatic relations with the Ikko Ikki ensued, <Anomaly Detected> Ikki Ikki AGREED to Trade agreement, Alliance, full Military access both ways, and accepted to join war against Imigawa, Takeda, Hojo, nothing given in return, no money, no hostages nothing , ikko ikki blindly accepted diplomacy

ikko ikki position fairly strong, took Asai, Kiso, Saito, etc

noticed problem with general only leaving through gates, not sure if my fault, i am using recruit-able generals mod in steam workshop and your launcher mod with updates and beta, did not use options you said to turn off.

will continue to report progress Lord Vader

<End Transmission>

Reporting Update

victory over Takeda, Hojo, Imigawa complete, making at least 7000 a turn all building fully upgrade, have not really noticed any problems with gates, maybe it was just a fluke earlier, very next turn after Ikko Ikki Diplomacy they brok alliance but continued trade and everything else, samething occured with Takeda, next turn the broke alliance but accepted everything else, if only option to give or demand provinces was kept in like it was for empires that would be good,,will continue to update

noticed different diplomacy or what ever its called lol , so apparently the Honma have decided to conqure the Uesuigi , hatayakama , data , magomi , and the Mori actually control a nice little empire even though they usually get taken out early, i would like to see real divide happen or something like that against AI when they get to big though

I've noticed when shooting cannons they have a tendency to just want to hit the ground right in in front of itself as if it's aiming for the ground. After 1 bounce the cannonball cannot kill (even though it's visibly still going forward for 1/2 dozen more counces) Same goes for accuracy of cannons on Nanban trade ship, I don't think I should be missing too badly in point blank range. And cannonballs bounce on water.

Also in naval I cannot seem to sink a ship if I even hit it w/ the cannons, it never dips below ~50%hp (they have no surrendered yet)

I've had this happen a couple of times with Darth's fighting system. There seems to be weird pathing/calculating errors/slowdowns happening since awhile back. In siege defence. The men take ages to calculate the move you give them and then actually do it. It sometimes takes a long time for men to move off the wall defence, if the enemy has started climbing. I was just in a fort and tried to run my samurai retainers in to defend the wall in the corner next to a gatehouse and it went a bit weird. I ran my bowmen back from the wall and that took longer than normal, then tried to swap in the samurai retainers. They took a bit of calculating to actually get in there to the wall. When the enemy got up, they then ran AWAY from the wall, away from the enemy haha, I think they were pathing to head out the gate to go around behind them...outside :S

I've had this happen a couple of times with Darth's fighting system. There seems to be weird pathing/calculating errors/slowdowns happening since awhile back. In siege defence. The men take ages to calculate the move you give them and then actually do it. It sometimes takes a long time for men to move off the wall defence, if the enemy has started climbing. I was just in a fort and tried to run my samurai retainers in to defend the wall in the corner next to a gatehouse and it went a bit weird. I ran my bowmen back from the wall and that took longer than normal, then tried to swap in the samurai retainers. They took a bit of calculating to actually get in there to the wall. When the enemy got up, they then ran AWAY from the wall, away from the enemy haha, I think they were pathing to head out the gate to go around behind them...outside :S
    I've noticed they try to flank enemies already on the wall (but not engaged yet) from the outside instead of staying at wall, it's like they're very eager to go at them. And units do seem to take forever to get off the wall.

hey i was just wondering if i can use Darth effects in launcher version and run this mod at the same time or would the Darth Effects be over written?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=557576

I'm also having a lot of trouble getting trade agreements as the Ikko Ikki even with clans that are Very Friendly with me. Most just flat out refuse the trade no matter how good your offer is. What's causing that?
    Hi there, remember everyone, with tradiing Ikko and otoma sure have a diff religion.. But if u have great value of stuffs to export or import.. the other Clans will change there minds. If u have great export stuffs and they need it for build or to create units.. they gladly trade with you, + also if itīs not interfering into there Politic. As like, Tradeing with you, but you are the enemy to there ally.. they will maybe first reject the idea.

Same thing with Otoma at first start. You wont gain any traders or many for that matters... But as soon get more valuable trade items and atleast 1 trade note circle..they will do bessniess with you, you shall see

So if u dont have any value for import or export.. The clan whom you speak to.. No deals will be made.. Simple as that.. thats atleast what happens for me in start with Otoma.. Once i establish great Trade items i am having great good deals and making nice money!

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

n1njaloanthi's Avatar Foederatus

how can you play this mod as otomo or ikko ikki??? I bought my Total War: Shogun 2 collection (with both dlc) and I cant choose those two clans (it doesnt appear in single campaign or battle as if I havent bought those two dlc). However, once I delete the mod and verify game cache then everything okay. I really want to play Otomo and Ikko Ikki with DarthMod. Any ideas to help are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by n1njaloanthi View Post
    how can you play this mod as otomo or ikko ikki??? I bought my Total War: Shogun 2 collection (with both dlc) and I cant choose those two clans (it doesnt appear in single campaign or battle as if I havent bought those two dlc). However, once I delete the mod and verify game cache then everything okay. I really want to play Otomo and Ikko Ikki with DarthMod. Any ideas to help are welcome
    Hmmm wierd, well there was a wierd bug summit report in the past that ppl couldnt see the otoma DLC in the campaign menu, at first. So if you enter CAīs forum and look into tech bug report summit, cant remember really.. Maybe in there if you follow the steps and then check vanilla menu SHogun 2 Campaign if itīs working and then install the Shogun 2 mod i believe everything should go just fine

BR AN
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

n1njaloanthi's Avatar Foederatus

the only solution I found in here http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l=1#post366171 requires me to delete DarthMod . Thanks anyway KERA_AK

AI ships still going to borders of map in mine for no reason, very annoying

Ive started a new otomo campaign and ive noticed that my troops wont fire over the heads over troops in front of them even when there is a clear shot. Its especially problematic with fire by rank on. The troops constantly go through the fire by rank drill but dont fire any shots.

I havent played vanilla in a long time, maybe this is a problem in vanilla also? I dont think such a thing would get through quality control though.

Iīm still deep testing (BETA 3) In both Mid era and the Fall of the samurai as Saga, in Mid era i play as Otoma, because i want them to have a working game play, There shouldnt be a singel wicked wierd bug in any kind of views or ways, They are pretty hard to play with as itīs

The fire by rank or to re activate a unit in some situations are needed due of some wierd mechanic bug, Havent discoverd why yet? The boats are still in bug view, Darthy have improved the boats, Muskets and arrow, big ships small ships. But ppl needs to put more time and testing in em and investigate the soldiers behavors in a much closer view.

Nanban do fire all 5 shoots, next shoot they fire again 4 or 3, just of sudden the battles continues it fire again. You can clearly see in the stern back upper, Soldier loader is stuck right close by the square hutt hole in the floor... Also look very closly that itīs not only that cannon that do stuck.. Every other canno can act like that, When this happens, the cannon it self in animation view shifts it self a few inch to the side.. away from the Cannon hole square... Like some how some one lifted the cannon up and pushed it on the side lol And later on that cannon will work just of sudden and another cannon get stuck instead? This never never happend before, But was like that when the Otoma DLC came out in a way.

The Soldiers on Nanban or on every other ship.. Muskets or Bow soldiers.. are Shooting now again... But getting few minor stucks.. Much harder to see this time.. but use the Debug Camera.. And investigate there behavor in... Moral and situations. Also noticed that soldiers that walk around on ships can prevent other mechanics views to be executed and done proppely the way itīs meant to be/do... instead we are seeing breaks and pauses... What i mean is.. We have progress and fixes for all cannons fire and mid hand wepaon fire Am so happy now, Cheers for putting time and understanding and that you find the error to this, Few more codes to switch i suppose hehe Ok i continue...

The fire on the move or sail and fire + let the ships as before in Vanilla fire around there own arc and shoulders over there heads... as the enemy turns in circles etc etc... Does not work like that anymore.. and as mentienien before... Soldiers onboard all of them are not shooting 100% If you look carefully you see 50% or more then 50% being shooting... They standing in ranks or places.. but you wont see all shoot at once or you see wierd shooting... whoever start first.. Bow ARrows or Muskets.. on there diff STATIONS! Look up all ships about there STATIONS and positions.. There are few stations where SOLDIERS still getting a glitch PLACE or into each other.. but very SMALL AREA... If have a damage SHIP with HALF CREW... Then think about this bug... AGAIN.. out of that 50% soldiers now will only shoo 25% <----- This is what i mean... And minor few other annoying things...Needs to work for the SHAKE of OTOMA and IKKO and all other SEA LORDS whom need to survive on WATER TRADE warfare

Also as same like on LAND... There are som indications we need to re ORDER them again.. in some wierd views of situations, Hard to explaine and to give away a specific... But can be... that some units do not FIRE stright away... even so the enemy is in range.. It can be.. as we dont see it happend... as only few units are maybe DANCING giggle, reported long time ago, (Solutions was to minimize this behavor, and it become better then before. And today they do not dance so much, very rare and few times. Just wanted to report that formation dancing do apper on both sea and land. And if we dont see it or dont undersand.. Well to get the SEA or LAND unit to work again.. we need to ofc re form/move or re place the formation into differ ticker line. On the SEA side, I have to use the BOARD icon on a enemy and then the FIRE Icon to get the Nanban soldiers to move on the ship and that most of those FIRE at the same time... as all wont, not at all time as it suppose to like in Vanilla

Cant remember all the other wierd things i have spotted on during those 3 Betaīs or the past during Shogun 2 darthmod was left alone for a while, as Empire and Nappy came in the way and many other things am sure of... But itīs truly great that Shogun 2 Darthmod is back up again from the dust, and pages being read and re texted.. to once again read a famouse story about all the heroes and mysteries battles

Iīm Enjoying BETA 3 every well, Hope all the minor and big bugs can be located.. I wish and urge ppl honestly investigate the soldiers onboards in there all diff behavors on the ships whatever there armament guns or arrows or Hand bombs... Look em closly u will see that all of em are not working 100% Ohhh and yes... i can come into Close sea battle.. Enemy reforcment involved ships sails by fire and 4 runs away to the egde and stucked. A very old bug but its back to much

BUt we are truly on the right truck.. Better to have a slow working engine.... that takes me some were.. instead with out a engine at all I really hope that this bugs gets adressed and look into deeper and you will see that Ships Cannons and bows muskets.. not yet 100% Functional But much better then before (y) :-D Hmmm... Just woke up so i will EDIT the list if i get more up on my head lol

Humble thank you for all your time trails and error Nick, was a great long wait to wait till u got this old book being working on once again

Great work Nick cheers, cant wait till the next updateīs

Goodmorning btw the way mmmmm.....Zzzz...

EDIT: I think i seen this report by some one else before, But dont remember the answers. Just restarted to play my SAGA Clan in FOTS, To my wierd suprise when i attack a Costal harbor battery.. All my ships are firing there ammo shoots up in air.. It looks like AA poffs for me like iīm preparing my self for a LUFTWAFFE Attack to make a nice sky carpet... Yet i cannot see any kind of incoming Kamikazes what so ever? hehe.. So i had to manually aim attack fire on those land cannons by my self.. or take out all the ships to win those battles Any answers about that bug?

BR AN
    Last edited by KERA_AK; February 14, 2013 at 03:06 AM.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by KERA_AK View Post
    Also as same like on LAND... There are som indications we need to re ORDER them again.. in some wierd views of situations, Hard to explaine and to give away a specific... But can be... that some units do not FIRE stright away... even so the enemy is in range.
    I can confirm this.
    Musket units take a long time before shooting.
    Let's say that if they are on auto-fire and the enemy is running towards them, they will start to fire when the enemy is at least 1/3 over the maximum range border.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixStorm View Post
    I can confirm this.
    Let's say that if they are on auto-fire and the enemy is running towards them, they will start to fire when the enemy is at least 1/3 over the maximum range border.
    I've noticed it's because they don't load their first round until the enemy is inside the arc

Dustindesrctin's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixStorm View Post
    I can confirm this.
    This is a problem I've found with vanilla, and other mods as well recently. I don't believe its related specifically to DMS

Quote Originally Posted by Dustindesrctin View Post
    This is a problem I've found with vanilla, and other mods as well recently. I don't believe its related specifically to DMS
    I think so too.
    I even remember ETW having this, but DMUC solved it too if I recall correctly.
    Maybe this is solvable in S2TW too?

Hi all, since I do not have time to play myself, I would appreciate a massed feedback this week about the latest beta. If you have issues please tell me exactly which they are so to try to solve. I would like to make a full release this week with your help.

About trade, I cannot confirm myself that you cannot get it with AI clans. In fact I have reasonable diplomacy. I need more feedback about this from all of you.
    Please focus on battles: do you enjoy them? Are they challenging and realistic enough?