Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II v4.45 Open Beta Update 10 [19/3/2013]

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v4.45 Open Beta Update 2 [8/2/2013]

Emh, I'm having an otitis :\ But I'l surely post them!

EDIT: posted 2 screens
    Last edited by VENNONETES; February 08, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    New update!
    How is your game now? Even better? I tried before what you say it is broken and I saw the units to pass the narrow gates normally but only few at a time. You want all of them to pass through like a blob? That will never happen. Anyway it should be better now. Have not tested the gates myself yet.
    Hey Darthy, i try it right away Goodmoning everyone btw, ZZzz

I havent seen or rechived from anyone here or friends from steam about the boats arrow, muskets, cannons issiu. Incase anyone else are having this problem as i have. Or if itīs my own kind of system that are/is broken :-/

Wanted to say Darthy as i havent for a while, As we are all busy in our kind of life short ways, The positive changes are the meele, it feelt like real meat force of two chicken boxes mealt into each other once they impacted hehe.. i almost feelt waving in the out space.. once it bunched out it self a bet.. they started to FIGHT... and the death count betwin this equal units started to drop on a quite OK speed!

It was a great change right there The diplomaty for me is working very well the turns i played. But needs more turns and situations to be 100% Some minors reportings wierd situations, But i never had em since Darthmod version (1)

I loved the impact charge of the General horses.. on my flank outside my mini fort castle lvl 1) They avoided my ashigaro outside the fort infront of my mini fortress whom protected my bow soldiers inside to shoot as many enemies as possible.. as enemy cant climb up on the wall as my ashigaro are outside protection the walls... ( old trick, i know )

Anyway the General noticed that i took out a Musket unit to go around and to fire the enemy outside... There for i set on gallopp right on it... i had time to prepare the line into 3 rank + my otoma special ashigaro musket was on the walls ... the left flank wall of the battle line.. had a clear long musket aim from A to B impact on my musket below down there... They started to shoot from above... my Muskets on the ground... just stoped in the right time mini reformed the ranks... and unleshed 2 and a half salvos devestation fire at close RANGE, atleast the last shoot.. + quite alot of Otoma musket ashigaro from top fired all the time... The General unit lost more then 40 horses out of 60 i believe... The Impact Horse ON Infanteri was just meat to meat...Was just great feeling a boat into a wave hehe

Cheers for great improvments, I need to play longer campaigns to give positive views and negativeīs and if ever, discover more bugs.. those whom am good at, others are good on there own things. The way i dont, havent gived any kind of positive replayīs is that i was disiponted on my Otoma DLC campaign because there life line is to have a working Nanban trade line fleet.. to be able to bring in MONEY TO THE HEART OF THERE CLAN BASE :-( But itīs not the case, It was hard to continue,

Every timee i came into a Sea battle.. it was enoying and incredible frustration, to not being amble to defend your self with a a amazing Technology from Europe, with hundred of muskets onboard and 10 cannons, I almost decided to play Vanilla again or something lol. But i knew right away that.. it would been the DEATH ROAD stright away my friend

And even so the land battleīs are working good, itīs no good to continue in the long run, Otoma is a mini island nation and a Boat sea Clan heavly rearble on Sea efforts as well. Need money and a working ship crew and enemy out on the sea.. the way it was working before the OTOMA DLC came out Nanban was my favorite and i always wasted big money turns and time just to get it up very early in the game, instead building up importent army force or other buildings

Ok sorry for a long story there, Time for the SECRET CUP OF TEA! And test beta two Darthy

PS, VERONOS yeah... were is your MAGICAL CAMERA as Darthy says it?! Put in some new fresh batteris in it and start shooting and flashing cuz we WANT MORE

BR AN
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    Emh, I'm having an otitis :\ But I'l surely post them!

EDIT: posted 2 screens
    Link link please please, still having zombie eyes since i woke up, the screen is to bright for my mini eyes

BR AN
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Great work Darth.I suggest that you change the spacing of the units. Right now it is impossible to deploy a 200 man unit in 2 lines (as you should). I really like the improvements in gun lethality btw.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Thanks Arek for the gigantic post. Noted.

Elianus what do you mean with this
    I suggest that you change the spacing of the units

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Well, in the previous versions of the mod it was impossible to deploy in 2 ranks if the unit was larger than in vanilla. I experimented a bit and found out that it had to do with the horizontal spacing of the men in the unit. It seems however that in the beta you made some changes because a 200 man unit can now deploy in 2 ranks so my last post is redundant. I haven't checked about larger units though.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

ive found a problem where on the campaign map, when i click on a building , that i cant upgrade due to not have resources ie stone, cotton, or even the technology, the building that is next in the chain is just a white box, but when putting mouse over the white box, it shows i need a technology or resource to build it ,

hope that makes sense darth

Dimitris's Avatar Libertus

Can you do something about th A.I. army spam so batlles whould be more dicisive, because now when you destroy the main army of a clan another pop up.

is it just me or are the unit sizes smaller? i mean i'm pretty sure i put the file in the right place (along where all the other mods are put) but either way it seems to be working correctly idk

Dustindesrctin's Avatar Decanus

Just to clarify since I use the Launcher i won't be able to play if I have the projectile boost on? Will try this out tonight after I finish my Sekigahara campaign

Edited the thread to be more clarifying:
    *Warning*
    This open beta works only for the following versions of the mod:
    -Launcher Version (Without Projectile Boost and Garrison/Handicap gameplay options enabled)
    -Minimal Pack Version (Without Projectile Boost enabled)
    Do not enable the above mentioned or they will override new settings

Thank you very much Darth It's very nice of you to do this. We appreciate it!

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v4.45 Open Beta Update 3 [10/2/2013]

Update 3 just uploaded! It includes also CAI adjustments you required.

Invalid attachment specified error; cannot download the updated beta?

ok so how do i use this without activating the launcher?

n1njaloanthi's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you Darth for your wonderful mod. I have no problems with soldiers stuck in the gate and the soldiers on my nanban trade ships fight more active. But I noticed AI only recruit bow kobaya; and I have a problem that I'm not sure it related with the mod: I bought Shogun 2 on Steam and before I install the mod I have both Ikko Ikki and Hattori but now I only have Hattori. I lost the Ikko Ikki and the recently bought Otomo clan. I've tried to disable the mod and verify game cache several times but receiving no positive results. Anyone has any ideas what happened or how to solve this?

P/S: sorry for any errors in my English. Its not my native language

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    [*]Diplomacy more active affecting positively the trade agreements between clans. (Updated 10/2/2013)
    Yes, this is what I was hoping for!
    Since I'm the one who's nagging the most about diplomacy, I'll test this one out and report after 25 turns with the Shimazu, and after 50 turns again to see how it developes.

EDIT: Turn 16. Nothing has changed.

The same clans get destroyed as usual, the Shoni swarm Kyushu like nothing because their starting position is way to profitable, the Mori are destroyed after 10 turns together with the Oda clan.
    Chugoku gets overrun by the Ouchi clan, and while the smaller clans are trying to hold up, they don't last for long.
    A war with the Shoni (which I will definitely lose because they have a 4:5 army/region ratio while I have 1:2 army ratio (talking about full-stack armies, without trade).

Trade agreements aren't accepted once again, and when they are, they get canceled in the next turn.
    I have nothing noteworthy to say about unreasonable agressiveness of the clans at the moment, because it seems reasonable to me that clans on the same island would want to rule the whole island themself.

The only remarkable thing at the moment is that the Hattori clan is still alive, because they are normally destroyed after 3-5 turns.

I will report at turn 25 again.
    Last edited by MatrixStorm; February 10, 2013 at 01:01 PM.

Couple of things Darth. Forgive me if i've made a mistake. I'm testing this new release.

- Playing as the Ikko Ikki atm and Sakai keeps threatening to attack but it's not showing "Threats of attack" under diplomacy. He's threatened 3 turns in a row. Currently have Trade Agreement (+61) with him. -20 Clan is not Respected and -20 Religious differences.
    - Not sure how badly this affects the AI as the Ikko Ikki but I feel that Ikko Ikki Yari Ashigaru should still be higher in number than other clans. Just because it's what the clan is known for in-game. It fits with their style. Weaker but more zerg like I see the Bow Ashigaru are larger in number however. There's probably a reason you've done this though.
    - Playing as an Otomo test campaign. The fire at will still seems a bit weird on the matchlocks. Sometimes I find if I toggle fire at will off, and then on again at the start of a battle it seems to work better.
    - I just had the same thing. Oda died (which is pretty normal anyway; and the Oda boost option is a choice available in the launcher version anyway) but yes Mori keeps dying after 10ish turns. Shoni seem pretty crazy when you play as Otomo.

Thanks for the updates! So far it seems the mechanics bugs are fixed.

I'm also having a lot of trouble getting trade agreements as the Ikko Ikki even with clans that are Very Friendly with me. Most just flat out refuse the trade no matter how good your offer is. What's causing that?