Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick Update

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Default Quick Update

Hi all.

We don't seem to be very good at updating and informing you of how the mod is going, so I thought I'd show a few bits off and let you know that there's stuff happening.

SHankbot is doing a MASSIVE 2d graphical overhaul...HUGE, and you'll see that soon. There's all sorts happening, but I'll show a couple of bits.

FIRST is an idea we're working on, forged really by Aradan in the beginning. The idea is to get work complete on a small campaign, which can be completed fairly quickly, and will obviously benefit the big one in the long term too. This is rather than making everyone wait and wait, and should be reasonably quick. It's based in the east and features a lesser amount of factions etc, but still makes it good. There will be a lot more on it, probably from someone else, but I'll show the map here:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There are a couple of bits to add, but this is the original basis. From here, we've altered some of the factions and ownership, but I'll show this so you can get a look at what is to come.

Also, a few updates and things are going on. I thought I'd show a couple....if you look at most factions, they have some very important unit-types that give them their flavour. Here's a couple:

SWAN KNIGHTS - Ilsithi Imhrain

This is the foot variant and the model itself.

MODEL

INGAME

It's going well Models and graphics are always easy enough to show, but there is some good work happening in the more important areas too. Bela*Bela is working away (yep...one of my greatest friends of modding is helping here!), as are the others....everyone tends to do their stuff, and everyone's pulling their weight, much more than me!!

I shall try to get a reasonable flow of stuff and reward you for your support by keeping you informed...or someone else will, depending.

Actually, a terrible screenshot, but the Keena Daijinn of Ashapur.....there's plenty you can't see, but this is launching an attack

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Quick Update

Bela*Bela is working away (yep...one of my greatest friends of modding is helping here!)
    It's a pleasure to help you and it's good to do some modding again I hope you guys will enjoy this mod and I'm really happy to work with such great team
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

awsome update, btw are those swan knights female? If so then that makes this game even more unique because I cant really name another mod that features female troops.

Keep up the good work and that mini campaign before the full campaign sounds kickass.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Lookin good, Squeaks! Glad to see this mod coming along.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is it just me or do the Keena Daijinn look like their shooting flaming hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by Evalation View Post
    awsome update, btw are those swan knights female? If so then that makes this game even more unique because I cant really name another mod that features female troops.

Keep up the good work and that mini campaign before the full campaign sounds kickass.
    Ta. I think there are female soldiers in other places, but not many. Might be wrong.

Yes, a smaller campaign should be the better idea. It's not going to be super-heavy, as many aspects will be withheld for the main. We don't want heavy scripting anywhere in the mod, so the main release still won't feature that, but it will have plenty of stuff.

Here's a back shot of Ilien, the Rose of War. Not exactly perfect, but it'll do; you CAN do women.

The Swan Knights aren't women, no, but they are Ildiri/High Elves, and they look a bit unusual in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    Lookin good, Squeaks! Glad to see this mod coming along.
    It's going the best it's been now. There are quite a lot of things that are being worked on, all over the place, as teamies are grabbing tasks pretty quickly atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the cat View Post
    Is it just me or do the Keena Daijinn look like their shooting flaming hearts?
    Heh. Well, not exactly Valentine's Day versions though.

Thanks for everyones' comments.
    Last edited by Squeaks; February 10, 2013 at 06:02 AM.

On the topic of women in mods.... Hyrule Total War has a large amount of female character models. They do tend to have an animated look to them though, as they are based off of LoZ...

On the topic of women in mods.... Hyrule Total War has a large amount of female character models. They do tend to have an animated look to them though, as they are based off of LoZ...
    Nephalim's mod is a giant amongst ground-breakers - I think he has pretty much anything that goes

EMPIRE UPDATE

As the Eastern EMpire is getting near being finished, I wanted to share some of their stuff. Much HAS been seen in the first battle...a fair bit anyway, but some since then are here: (I might be able to add decsriptions later)

SALADIR SILVER LANCERS

Yep, they have a gondor-like helmet, but I couldn't help it, as that kind of helm is lovely, and suits this unit perfectly.

DALTHRASIAN PIKE

TELMIORAN NOBLE SONS

Placeholder weapon, and they will have a chariot unit as their main thingy.

SPURHAWK AIR CAVALRY

Updated...rider will be different, unique to them.

Anyway, we may be adding descriptions later, but a few bits are here Any good??

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

They're so detailed! I really like the Noble Sons.
    Last edited by Ciciro; February 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the cat View Post

They're so detailed! I really like the Noble Sons.

Good. I love them too. Very kind of you to say so

Here's their chariots...I am having problems getting them to do quite what I want, model-wise. That may or may not change...

More beautiful model excellence. Really, this mod will be unparalleled when it comes to the wealth of detail found throughout. Love your work.

BTW, I notice that apart from the badassery of her background story, Ilien shows her utter awesomeness in risking combat with anything less than a half-inch of steel wrapped around her head and face, and wearing flowers at that. Nice touch. Then again it could simply be a case of exceptionally unorthodox and contemporarily tasteless fashion-sense, but I'd only believe it in anyone else.

Keep up the beautiful work.
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by deusvult6 View Post
    More beautiful model excellence. Really, this mod will be unparalleled when it comes to the wealth of detail found throughout. Love your work.
    Thank you. It's honestly nothing special really

BTW, I notice that apart from the badassery of her background story, Ilien shows her utter awesomeness in risking combat with anything less than a half-inch of steel wrapped around her head and face, and wearing flowers at that. Nice touch.
    Well, she's the Rose of War, and the things round her head are just thorn-like metal circlets. SHe's one of the greatest characters there is, for me, and I wanted to make her as well as I could.

Then again it could simply be a case of exceptionally unorthodox and contemporarily tasteless fashion-sense, but I'd only believe it in anyone else.
    Heh....can't think of an answer to that...

-------------

One more update, as a few things are being put together. This is something weird, but I wanted them in there, even if just for me...

I wasn't going to show them until a release, but these are minimal shots, and they're vastly unfinished. Making a texture was horrible. It'll never be perfect....

Keep up the beautiful work.[/QUOTE]

HTVfanatic's Avatar Civis

Pretty awesome Squeaks! Swans are pretty good for being unfinished. Also loving the chariots.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    Nephalim's mod is a giant amongst ground-breakers - I think he has pretty much anything that goes
    True enough.... You, I might add, are quite an impressive unit designer. This mod has some of the most detailed and gorgeous units I have seen in the M2 engine...
    Last edited by Emrys; February 15, 2013 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HTVfanatic View Post
    Pretty awesome Squeaks! Swans are pretty good for being unfinished. Also loving the chariots.
    Good. Nice to hear. I'm nearly done with most flying things. Kind of need an owl though.

Chariots are real buggers. It appears that model changes are significantly impacted by weird results in some places. Remains to be seen if I can have a swan drawing a chariot into the sky....

E=Squeaks;12583417]Nephalim's mod is a giant amongst ground-breakers - I think he has pretty much anything that goes
    True enough.... You, I might add, are quite an impressive unit designer. This mod has some of the most detailed and gorgeous units I have seen in the M2 engine...
    Mmm. Thanks for your vote of confidence in there...it does actually mean the world to me when I get a reply at all, even more for anything nice like that...also makes me quite embarrassed really....

I'm sure there's plenty of bits to come as they will, and I hope they're as good as people who play this mod deserve them to be

Amazing stuff!!!!! Flying units? My, oh my!!!!!!
    Great detail.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Not the first of flying units for mods but excuse my ignorance as I no nothing of the dragonborn lore but how dangerious can a giant goose be ? Lol

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    Not the first of flying units for mods but excuse my ignorance as I no nothing of the dragonborn lore but how dangerious can a giant goose be ? Lol
    Did you ever try feeding swans?
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    Amazing stuff!!!!! Flying units? My, oh my!!!!!!
    Great detail.
    Flying things are something I think Wlesmana began with lotrtw (awesome btw), so they have been done, but we're doing some slightly different things here, in many ways, so it should be unusual in it's own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    It's good question....

When they're that big, they're nasty. Having had swans fly at me when I was small, having kept geese and being told to stay well clear, as swans are able to REALLY hurt you, I'd say they're lethal. Their mass here is rather large, their wings are incredibly strong....they're not here because they're fire-breathing dragons (although we will have some of those), but due to the setting. They probably need neck and head armour, but I'd rather not have them coming towards me in something of a grump

Actually, something of what geese CAN do...our geese had eggs (which later hatched into goslings), and rats attacked their house one night. We found several dead rats around their house in the morning, and they didn't try it again. Swans are far nastier than geese

Quote Originally Posted by Bela View Post
    Did you ever try feeding swans?
    I did, and try to as much as possible, especially during the winter....when you feed them and they come in a mass just above the water, you hope the food is why they're flying so fast towards you It's amazing how quickly you can empty your food into the water....

A flying duck or moorhen, partridge or even quail...not so dangerous. Despite that, it would be quite amusing to have mouse-people and mount them on sparrows.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

the line between insane musings ad the units squeaks is producing is becoming blurred..

and on the dangers of swans the mute swan (real thing) is the heaviest flying bird in the world so we are not thinking cute fluffy white thing here we are thinking a pi**ed of bird that ways more than an anvil coming at you from the sky ... very dangerous in my opinion (in my weight consideration i'm allowing for the fact of Armour and that squeaks' swans have got there wings on growth hormone )

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast