Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Default Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    I played Skyrim and it is a story driven game. Just because it's non linear in one major story choice and at end game doesn't mean it isn't story driven.

Yes you can choose not to do the story and just wander and do dungeons. Still the game is intended to have it's plot played and it is very story driven.

I don't see the difference. If Witcher 3 is open world and has a plot it's no different at all than skyrim, an open world game with a plot.

Saying they are nothing alike is silly. It's nothing alike Baldurs Gate 2, a linear storyline party-strategy RPG. It is however very alike to Skyrim.

The story doesn't drive the game in Skyrim. The open world is what drives the game. You can completely ignore the main story and just faff about in the world for hours with no consequence to delaying the main quest, that's hardly what I would call being driven by the story. Compare that to a Bioware or Witcher game and you can't do a whole lot in those games without advancing the story somewhat.

From what has been said so far about Witcher 3, you can actually ignore the main quest and the quests will expire if you ignore them too long with consequences for that, so if true, you'll actually be driven to complete them and not just faff about the open world.
    Last edited by PGeo36; August 20, 2013 at 08:14 AM.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Shneckie View Post
    I like the Witcher for very specific reasons, mostly it's very feudal, brutal vision of a fantasy world, it's characters, lore ect. Whether it's open world or not and the finer details of the gameplay is not something I'm worried about, so long as it provides the same decent gameplay from Witcher 2. Besides, CDPR have addressed issues before with previous games post release so I trust them to fix any problems that become apparent.
    Fair enough, atmosphere can be very important on a game, Stalker, Metro as other examples.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

shneckle, why do I get the feeling that you think we don't like this game? I have been a witcher fan since the first game. the first 2 games are very different compare to skyrim but this 3rd one would be similar: open world, western, nordic rpg. skyrim has alot of side quests, that we know as fact, how do you know witcher 2 wouldn't contain a similar amount? I for one very much look forward to a witcher game world just like that. mostly completely open world + world class main story line + skyrim level side quests + the mature content the witcher series has been known for. I eagerly await the release now that rome 2 has disappointed me

Hmmm hmmm.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Some good reads:
    Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Interview: Charles Dance, Next Gen and Canon

Price info:
    Amazon may have revealed some details in regards to the forthcoming next-generation role-playing game, “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.” According to an update from the shopping website on Oct. 12, the online retailer listed the sequel for pre-order on the PC platform.

The standard edition of “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” was posted by Amazon, suggesting that Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment may be planning more expensive versions of the product. The online retailer also revealed that the product has a price tag of $49.99. Most popular multiplatform games, such as the upcoming “Battlefield 4” and “Call of Duty: Ghosts,” are priced at $59.99 on the PC and consoles. It appears that “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” on the PC won’t be following the trend.

Finally, Amazon disclosed that the sequel may be shipping on Sept. 30 of next year. The date falls on a Tuesday, the day of the week in which most new video game products are released in the North American region.

In addition to the PC platform, “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” is also being planned for the upcoming PS4 and Xbox One next-generation systems. The latest installment from “The Witcher” series is being developed by CD Projekt Red and published by the aforementioned Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. You can find screenshots of the role-playing game in the slideshow near the top of this article. You can pre-order the products from Amazon in the following links: “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt,” PS4 and Xbox One
    ^Source

And for some background info on game mechanics:
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt To Be Powered By SpeedTree
    In case anyone's wondering what's speed tree it is a:
    SpeedTree is a powerful toolkit used to create 3D animated plants and trees for games, animations, visual effects shots, and architectural renderings.
    http://www.speedtree.com/
    ^There is a pdf info file on witcher 3 on their website.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Even it is out on 2015 I would be fine, as long as it is complete and well polish, unlike certain game recently ().
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Has everyone seen the latest trailer?

1080p Download (Amazing Graphics Alert!)

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It's beautiful, one cannot deny that fact.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

I hope they learn to make good boss fights , TW2's sucked.

Very excited to see how war torn territory is gonna be portrayed. I hope there will be marauding soldiers, burned villages/farms, etc.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I am more excited about monster hunting, tbh. This part of the game has potentially greatest potential. Just look at Monster Hunter series success, I wish TW3 had something similiar, adopted to Western school of game design.

I need to get back to The Witcher and get my save game ready.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Same, I lost my W1-W2 save to a hard drive failure. I was about a third of the way through the original again when other shiny things distracted me.

Best part from 0:50 onward.

Those landscapes! That city!!

I'm so excited!!!

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah! Did you read the novels too?

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm getting giddy.
    With this and Dragon Age: Inquisition coming out next year, it could be an amazing year for fantasy rpgs.

Quote Originally Posted by intel View Post
    Yeah! Did you read the novels too?
    I read part of Krow Elfow in the Russian translation years ago (before the games, and even before the English translation was available )

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I'm getting giddy.
    With this and Dragon Age: Inquisition coming out next year, it could be an amazing year for fantasy rpgs.
    Don't forget Dark Souls II !

Also, I think this is the first Witcher I might buy, especially since it will also be released on PS4

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I'm getting giddy.
    Dragon Age: Inquisition seems very ambitious with a few interesting features.

Unsure how they'll work that out. Bioware can be very hit/miss in this regard.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Witcher 2 was my favourite game of 2011. That's saying a LOT when it was the year Skyrim was released. Can't wait for this game.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Man I still haven't even gotten to play through the entirety of the first one, but this looks like it is going to join the long long backlog of RPGs I want to try out.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!