Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Oh man you think it could be Vesemir?

I'm almost certain it sounded like Vesemir, but I'd have to replay the first part of Witcher 1 to be sure.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

Oh god, that trailer...

And if Charles Dance does voice Emhyr, this is GOTY for me.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Charles Dance as the Emperor of Nilfgaard? Sounds like a perfect match to me, really. I just hope I'm not going to think of him as Tywin Lannister all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    Oh man you think it could be Vesemir?
    Quote Originally Posted by PGeo36 View Post
    I'm almost certain it sounded like Vesemir, but I'd have to replay the first part of Witcher 1 to be sure.
    Yeah guys I also feel that the voice actor is the same that did vesemir in witcher 1. Which is william roberts. Polish players also say that they used the same polish voice actor for the polish trailer & they think it's definitely vesemir.
    Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    And if Charles Dance does voice Emhyr, this is GOTY for me.
    Yeah he's a great actor. I Haven't read the GoT books but i feel that the guy did some justice to Tywin Lannister. In the previous season his encounters with Arya were the most interesting scenes imo.

I'd say he did a spot-on portrayal of Tywin, and I've read the books, too.
    Might be a little spoilerific if you haven't read the books yet (just a little bit ), but the kind of connection and familiarity you can see forming between Tywin and Arya is less present in the books. Given the circumstances of either character, I think it's actually more interesting and fitting the way the TV series did it.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

New cinematic trailer.

Geralt being a badass as usual. So awesome. And Charles Dance voicing the Nilfgardiaan Emperor. This will be ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Charles Dance as the Emperor of Nilfgaard? Sounds like a perfect match to me, really. I just hope I'm not going to think of him as Tywin Lannister all the time.
    Good thing I don't have HBO then.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Rare you see the artery in the armpit get worked! Wish the combat was like that in game.
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Guess I should finished Witcher 2.

TestudoAubreii's Avatar Bugger Bamfield!

Me, too.

That trailer is awesome!

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

If Vesemir is back, then I'm glad. With him there's a connection to the past.
    Plus I liked the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneckie View Post
    Geralt being a badass as usual. So awesome. And Charles Dance voicing the Nilfgardiaan Emperor. This will be ultimate.
    Ultimate is strong words. It's not certain the sandbox map will be a success, can might as well be a large, shallow and empty map.

The item-looting for instance was highly praised in previews and such, turned out to be very underwhelming.
    Sidequests was not much to boast about either.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus the Virus View Post
    If Vesemir is back, then I'm glad. With him there's a connection to the past.
    Plus I liked the character.

Ultimate is strong words. It's not certain the sandbox map will be a success, can might as well be a large, shallow and empty map.

The item-looting for instance was highly praised in previews and such, turned out to be very underwhelming.
    Sidequests was not much to boast about either.
    I like the Witcher for very specific reasons, mostly it's very feudal, brutal vision of a fantasy world, it's characters, lore ect. Whether it's open world or not and the finer details of the gameplay is not something I'm worried about, so long as it provides the same decent gameplay from Witcher 2. Besides, CDPR have addressed issues before with previous games post release so I trust them to fix any problems that become apparent.

I have complete faith in CDPR, they definitely pay attention to the community and will try their best to deliver the best open world gaming experience.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

this is like grown up version of skyrim. hmm hmm.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

It's nothing like Skyrim. Skyrim is a sandbox RPG which gives players the freedom to create their own character and experience. Witcher 3 is based off a series of novels and as such is heavily character and story driven. Yes they are both open-world and they both have Nordic art direction but that's where the similarities end.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

open world nordic rpg nothing wrong with me calling them similar. I know the story and the game worlds are different
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Quote Originally Posted by Shneckie View Post
    It's nothing like Skyrim. Skyrim is a sandbox RPG which gives players the freedom to create their own character and experience. Witcher 3 is based off a series of novels and as such is heavily character and story driven. Yes they are both open-world and they both have Nordic art direction but that's where the similarities end.
    I played Skyrim and it is a story driven game. Just because it's non linear in one major story choice and at end game doesn't mean it isn't story driven.

Yes you can choose not to do the story and just wander and do dungeons. Still the game is intended to have it's plot played and it is very story driven.

I don't see the difference. If Witcher 3 is open world and has a plot it's no different at all than skyrim, an open world game with a plot.

Saying they are nothing alike is silly. It's nothing alike Baldurs Gate 2, a linear storyline party-strategy RPG. It is however very alike to Skyrim.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Yea you invariably play the Dragonborn in Skyrim -- a character destined to save the world from the big bad dragon, who will otherwise end all creation...

You can wander around and not do it, but that dooms all mortal existence, so... yea -- it's very much story-driven. The story just isn't as nuanced as it is in the Witcher series. Though that's not to say Skyrim is bad; it has advantages in other respects.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    I played Skyrim and it is a story driven game. Just because it's non linear in one major story choice and at end game doesn't mean it isn't story driven.

Yes you can choose not to do the story and just wander and do dungeons. Still the game is intended to have it's plot played and it is very story driven.

I don't see the difference. If Witcher 3 is open world and has a plot it's no different at all than skyrim, an open world game with a plot.

Saying they are nothing alike is silly. It's nothing alike Baldurs Gate 2, a linear storyline party-strategy RPG. It is however very alike to Skyrim.
    Skyrim is not story driven whatsoever. You can complete 90% of the game without completing the main story. There is much more emphasis on the story in The Witcher. The main story in Skyrim isn't very fleshed out. Ok sure it's there, they have a main story, that's a tick in the box but it accounts for like a fraction of the game and feels like such. The Witcher's experience is mostly comprised of the main plot and contains much more substance to it. There's the characters on top of that too. Skyrim cannot compare to the Witcher in terms of characters. All that makes for a completely different experience. And then there's the differences in gameplay on top of that. Just going by your reasoning, Assassins Creed has an open world and a plot, so does RDR, heck it's not hard to find a game these days that has an open world and a plot line even outside the RPG genre.