Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

As promising as it looks, I don't look forward to the female interaction, sex segments.

I'm okay with adult action but don't make your character in a moody, gritty & dark world humping everything possible.

After saving elfs - "Oh..we elfs have a special way to...appreciate our saviours."
    After not-killing a Demon - "Thanks for that. By the way, I've horns, lila skin and fur on my legs. Do you want to find out whats between them?"

Completly ridicules it. Don't pretend to be GTA.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

To be honest I went along with that second bit. When he threw that hoofed leg over his shoulder? That's when **** got real for me.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

And you call yourself a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

I did too To be fair, a few of them were actually quite well done like the girl from town that needed protection and they toned it down from Witcher I where only two female characters were not shaggable iirc. It just doesn't need to happen after every plot-line and its a weird that you're still supposed to be in a relationship with Triss.

If there would be passages where you play Dandelion or even Zoltan - fits to the character. Otherwise its a bit as if a fantasy Charles Bronson was running around in a silk-robe and going screaming: Giggity Giggity Goo!

Otherwise, I think the game will be great. CD Projekt Red appear really thorough in their work and have a very good reputation now, especially in Poland. Just like Bioware, 4 years ago!
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I am sure I will have a 290x waiting before it releases can't wait.

just a comment: why do some of you guys have such strong feelings towards sexual content in the witcher series? this is a game where you kill, and kill, and kill. this really brings to my mind where GRR martin made fun of critics who focus on the sex parts of his works. it isn't a problem with his works or the witcher series, it is your own problem.
    Last edited by craziii; December 12, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Well, it was pretty silly in Witcher 1 where you basically couldn't do a quest without getting the chance for a girl. And that card collector mechanism (not the cards themselves, mind you) made it appear even cheaper in the sense of "yeah, well, just another girl for my collection".
    But in W2? Not so much. It definitely worked out a lot better there, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    I am sure I will have a 290x waiting before it releases can't wait.

just a comment: why do some of you guys have such strong feelings towards sexual content in the witcher series? this is a game where you kill, and kill, and kill. this really brings to my mind where GRR martin made fun of critics who focus on the sex parts of his works. it isn't a problem with his works or the witcher series, it is your own problem.
    As I said earlier - I like adult content but it can prevent immersion if you'll get a chance to every female involved in plots.

The Witcher-universe is like a dark, deep & variable vigilante flick, so killing is obligatory and usually without option - although some of the greatest parts involve decision-making about it. Witcher 2 is full of those and the story is carried by the unforseeable consequences. He explains his own, coherent ethic code in clips and sticks out in a good way despite the, lets say, ambiguous morality of most he encounters and his literally tormented past.

Not so much with sex, its extraneous and if you are really supposed to care about Triss/Yennefer it just doesn't fit. As stated previously - The Witcher 2 was less an issue and you could only have 4/5 different sex partners and no gonna catch 'em all.

Will be interesting to finally see Yennefer and go monster hunting. Really looking forward to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Will be interesting to finally see Yennefer
    I can so see the moment coming up where you have to decide between Triss (whatever other female character you chose, if any) and Yennefer...
    Though from what little one gets to know about Yennefer throughout the games, she doesn't seem to be that nice a pick.

Well Letho sure as hell didn't paint a nice picture and I haven't read the books.

If I remember correctly, one of the writers said in an interview that Geralt is a bit older in this game, so rampant sex is less likely to be a part of it (though he was quick to add "or maybe not, who knows!" or something to that effect).

I'm happy enough with how it is in Witcher 2 -- it's completely optional and not as in-your-face and contrived as it is in Witcher 1.

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Music from the trailer, if anyone is interested:

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    I can so see the moment coming up where you have to decide between Triss (whatever other female character you chose, if any) and Yennefer...
    So you can only choose one of two old hags?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

I don't know about Yennefer as we've never seen her yet in-game (as in: "in the flesh/3D"), but Triss sure looks pretty hot for an "old hag"...

Anyway, you never know - maybe Geralt ends up with a harem of all the girls he got throughout the entire series. Collectible cards coming back to haunt you in a good way.
    I doubt that, though. Imho, Witcher 2 pointed pretty clearly towards the "one girl route".

Its a long time since I fnished Wtcher 2, but aren't most mages capable of manipulating their outer apperance almost to their will?
    With the two of them.... Now this could get interesting

How did you guys fare with Letho? Did you let him escape?

Yep, there was no point in killing him, other than for sport. But the first boss battle almost made me reconsider this decision

Yeah and Yennefer was one of them if I recall right Cold Mac. Until Geralt used a wish to make her legitimately pretty. Dunno about Triss.

The real question: Ioverth or Roche?
    Last edited by ivan_the_terrible; December 17, 2013 at 04:39 AM.

I bromanced with Roche. Bros b4 hos, man

Roche has really grown on me in my last few playthroughs, but my heart still belongs to Ioverth.

Simple solution: Complete the game twice, once with each of them. Problem solved.
    Then replay it again for each of the girls you can get.