Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Default Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

i don't think its a bad port, i think it was made from the start to be on this way. Parity among all platforms, my guess is that they don't have enough manpower or resources to make 2 distint versions at the same time without one being delayed in favour of getting one done first (ie witcher 2 PC and year later 360 version). Also why the whole fuss when vast majority own's PC/Laptops that barely can run this game at medium settings anyway..........
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    i don't think its a bad port, i think it was made from the start to be on this way. Parity among all platforms, my guess is that they don't have enough manpower or resources to make 2 distint versions at the same time without one being delayed in favour of getting one done first (ie witcher 2 PC and year later 360 version). Also why the whole fuss when vast majority own's PC/Laptops that barely can run this game at medium settings anyway..........
    the fuss is about the bait and switch. it was a gameplay trailer reveal back in 2013, not a cgi trailer.

ex: remember all the fuss over rome 2's shaders/colors/tone/atmosphere? this is like 10x worst with the witcher. the grass looks like something I see from a 10 year old game
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

I coulsnt care less about the downgrade too, it still looks gorgeous. My poor old PC would not be able to run the game as presented in earlier footage anyway

What's most important to me, gameplay and story, seem to be stellar according to everyone.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Nah, the fuss is that the game doesn't look much better on PC than the console version, apparently. If they'd told us that last year it would have been just as disappointing. Technical capability is exploding on the PC side, and PC gamers want some ambitious games that push limits, not games that look like they were built to run well on console hardware.

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

The Final Launch Trailer is out!

Kinda moving honestly, if you know the story and characters from the previous games and books, it´s all coming to an end now

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    I coulsnt care less about the downgrade too, it still looks gorgeous. My poor old PC would not be able to run the game as presented in earlier footage anyway

What's most important to me, gameplay and story, seem to be stellar according to everyone.
    Graphic whores would always be the main consumers of gaming market, that has been happening since 2000.

What worries me more is pretty much all reviews suggesting a dump-down combat system, which is not something amuse to hear...

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaton View Post
    Kinda moving honestly, if you know the story and characters from the previous games and books, it´s all coming to an end now
    On the bright side it means we would have Cyber Punk finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Epic launch trailer!

You guys think a gtx 650 might run this game on low with 1280x1024 resolution with steady 25-30 fps? Its the max upgrade to my graphic card i can manage. From some youtube videos i saw it can run GTA V on high at that resolution.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

take a look at this.
    Prolly not the most accurate thing, but gives you an idea
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    Nah, the fuss is that the game doesn't look much better on PC than the console version, apparently. If they'd told us that last year it would have been just as disappointing. Technical capability is exploding on the PC side, and PC gamers want some ambitious games that push limits, not games that look like they were built to run well on console hardware.
    Well Star Citizen is the only hope. There certainly won't be a catering to consoles, since they won't get the game.

Here is another comparison by Gamestar, they say Day1 Patch included, although I don't know how they could test that in such a short time

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-wi...echnik-tabelle

yellow = low settings, low post-processing, 40fps+
    light green = middle, midddle post processing 40fps+
    dark green = high, pp = highhairworks deactivated.
    Ultra settings beginning with GTX780 or R9 290 40+fps

60fps aren't even mentioned.

Apparently it's all about the GPU, 6gb ram are more than enough, as well as any halpf decent CPU.

edit: damn manco beat me to it.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; May 18, 2015 at 04:07 PM.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Got a GTX 670 which is pretty green, but I want that dark green.
    Going to a 970 just seems expensive and hardly an upgrade.

Where's the time a single gpu generation was a huge leap in FPS and features...Now I'm comfortably holding out for 3 generations

edit: btw, it's released!!!
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

The game is released, woooooohoo.

Alright, the game looks fine by the way. Still mad at CDPR though.
    Last edited by gastovski; May 18, 2015 at 05:36 PM.

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

Oh my God, it´s out! O.O

First I watched the new GoT episode and when it ended I could immediately start up the Witcher!

It´s midnight now....Remember kids, sleep is for the weak. Nigh is the time of madness and disdain!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaton View Post
    Oh my God, it´s out! O.O

First I watched the new GoT episode and when it ended I could immediately start up the Witcher!

It´s midnight now....Remember kids, sleep is for the weak. Nigh is the time of madness and disdain!!!
    About 6 pm here. I'm going to have a nice evening!

My other hard drive died that I had Witcher 1 and 2 installed on, and I am not going to replay through 35 hours of Witcher 1 after just doing it. So I am just going straight through this game doing certain choices, then I'll play through 1-3 with different choices. Good thing I refreshed my memory after a couple hours of wiki lore and 1 and 2 reading!
    Last edited by SturmChurro; May 18, 2015 at 05:55 PM.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Lol my cpu isnt even on the list, but I guess it should do judging by how the other core i 4xxxx are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Can't even find my CPU+GPU on the list. CPU will eithe be okay or crap, depending on multicore optimization. i7-4712MQ, running at 2.3GHz. GPU is GeForce 840M/2GB. Yeah, it's laptop.

So, if anyone here is knowledgeable enough...can my laptop run it? Don't wanna waste money if it won't work....

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

This game makes me feel like 8 years old again.

Opening cinematic and setup.... Not used to the combat. Feels very broad, lots of keys needed.

Getting 45-54 fps on a GTX 750 ti with some very high, some low settings.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Caelifer_1991's Avatar Vicarius

Performance wise this game is decent for the visual quality, I'm playing on ~high, 1080p, with a 660 GT and the FPS is generally 21-35. To many that would be unplayable but I'm a graphics whore so I'll sacrifice the FPS My only issue is just how bright the nights are, truly, its like playing during an English day time... I look forward to a mod that darkens the night a bit (a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Can't even find my CPU+GPU on the list. CPU will eithe be okay or crap, depending on multicore optimization. i7-4712MQ, running at 2.3GHz. GPU is GeForce 840M/2GB. Yeah, it's laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    So, if anyone here is knowledgeable enough...can my laptop run it? Don't wanna waste money if it won't work....

Based upon the GPU I would expect your performance to be pretty similar to mine, the CPU worries me, but The Witcher 3 doesn't seem to be very CPU intensive from what I can tell, so I suppose the odds are good but its not guaranteed. If you want constant 30+ FPS you should be able to get that on low/med, particularly if you're playing on less than 1080p; one note though: the FPS I noted are in-game, the cutscenes are rather worse (I believe my FPS fell to ~14 at one point, though generally hovering in the mid-20s), so that will likely be similar for you.
    Last edited by Caelifer_1991; May 18, 2015 at 08:55 PM.

How is the stability for everyone? I have a GTX 970, 16 GB RAM, i7 3770 cpu and twice in a two hour span the game did something of a soft crash. Basically screen went black and game became unresponsive but the audio continued on like nothing happened.

Also just exited the game because I encountered a weird thing where Geralt would not stop jumping.

Combat takes time to get used to, but mostly because of the default key bindings. Damn alt key as dodge.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

I did not like character options. Spending points then had to activate them but it's too goddamn limited.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It's been everything I've hoped for so far.

Getting about 40-45 fps on a gtx 770 with everything on high and hair off. 25-35 with all hair on. No stability issues. No crashes or bugs in about 5 hours worth of play.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill