Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

It is possible Yennefer is unintentionally released by Wild Hunts in order to track down Ciri. Either way it was suggested Geralt and Yennefer were "invited" by Wild Hunts to their world since Wild Hunts found Geralt a cool guy (that is not disgusting human).
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

But we know Yennefer is in Nilfgaard at the end of W2, or at least we have good reason to think. So Wild hund abducts here again from Nilfgaard and releases here in Temeria?

I think it's far more likely she had some reason to be with the Nilfgaardian army around Temeria.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    But we know Yennefer is in Nilfgaard at the end of W2, or at least we have good reason to think. So Wild hund abducts here again from Nilfgaard and releases here in Temeria?
    She appeared in Nilfgaard in the end of W2 but not working with Nilfgaard Emperor (whom she and Geralt are familiar); it also mentioned it appeared she lost her memory at that time, suggesting she was just released by Wild Hunts.

Possible the same reason why Geralt was back too.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

I agree. The trailer is very underwhelming and low quality. Now i'm seriously considering cancelling my preorder.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Who judges a game based on the quality of it's trailers?
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Everyone who buys a TW game... or majority of this forum...
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

It's just a cinematic trailer, without any dialogue or exposition.

The only thing we can gather is Yennefer's character design as a pretty generic, hot sorceress.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    The only thing we can gather is Yennefer's character design as a pretty generic, hot sorceress.
    It is all magic, the novel has explained it before.

Well every single trailer so far from CDPR was beyond awesome and interesting. I didn't even say the game's gonna suck because of it, it's just underwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    It's just a cinematic trailer, without any dialogue or exposition.

It is all magic, the novel has explained it before.
    There is only a few glimpses when she slightly looks more interesting but other than that it's really disappointing. It's not a secret Sorceress make themselves look younger but Yennefer appears younger and greener than Triss , it's just meh-
    I mean look at Phillipa she really looks like the character in novel. Some sorceress look as woman in late 20's or early 30's which is "young", while CDPR went to far, she looks like she just finished high school for F sake.

There is only a few glimpses when she slightly looks more interesting but other than that it's really disappointing. It's not a secret Sorceress make themselves look younger but Yennefer appears younger and greener than Triss , it's just meh-
    Implying Triss did not apply some illusion magic to increase her cup size.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Implying Triss did not apply some illusion magic to increase her cup size.
    I like to think she's bad at illusions.

Miles

while CDPR went to far, she looks like she just finished high school for F sake.
    What? She looks like a regular young woman in her early twenties.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Well every single trailer so far from CDPR was beyond awesome and interesting. I didn't even say the game's gonna suck because of it, it's just underwhelming.

I mean look at Phillipa she really looks like the character in novel. Some sorceress look as woman in late 20's or early 30's which is "young", while CDPR went to far, she looks like she just finished high school for F sake.
    I wouldn't say she look's particularly young at all, at least not as young as you are making it out to be. It's probably her dress and clothing which gives a kind of Red Riding Hood vibe off. But her clothes are suitable given her circumstances, as opposed to Phillipa's mode of dress.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    I am avoiding everything related to witcher 3 while waiting for the release date.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Well I won't play it until the enhanced edition comes out, there is really no point in playing it before, especially at launch it's just bugfest like every other RPG.

Well I won't play it until the enhanced edition comes out, there is really no point in playing it before, especially at launch it's just bugfest like every other RPG.
    I played witcher 2(gog version) 3 times over before I even updated to the first patch. I only encountered 1 animation bug which was solved by reloading a quicksave. AMD gpu owners did have a huge legit problem with light bleed in the graphics. there were really out spoken ****ers on the official forums calling the game a beta. I called them out on it. they even thought I worked for cdp because I defended a great dev. awesome arguments with no moderation in sight(love 18+ forums) ahh, those were good memories.

I love legit complains, but I really, really hate people like that. They complained and stirred up just cause they wanted a free enhanced edition. cdp should announced there would be no enhanced edition just to with people like that. I can dream. sweet, sweet dream.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

W1 got extra quests, models re-textures etc. W2 got a bit less but still some additional content, and I really cannot re-play that much games with much story and emotional character content to me, it just ruins the wonderful experience for me if it gets repeated or in this case "changed".

only reason I played it 3 times is because of the huge choice in chap 2. cause the entire chap 3(the main chap) is 100% different depending on your choice. the final 3rd time was so I can play it on the highest difficulty, a personal challenge + other rules I made up for extra challenge. it is so rare to find a good rpg nowadays. if you only played w2 once, you are missing 40% of the game. also, pre nerfed combat was damn fun and hard.
    fear is helluva drug

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    I am avoiding everything related to witcher 3 while waiting for the release date.
    Yep, if you are a definit fan of the franchise and have pre-ordered - that's the smartest thing to do

Don't smash the opportunity of the child-like joy about unbeknown discoveries for a few marketing ploys.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

well, just saw on reddit that witcher 3 would be getting 16 free dlcs. damn. now that is a dev you need to support.
    fear is helluva drug