Thread: Lizalfos & Moblins. Underpowered. Need Boost

Default Lizalfos & Moblins. Underpowered. Need Boost

Lizalfos & Moblins. Are the 2 factions I like to fight the most. they are Icon enemies. and... well... Meat shields for the greater Evils. They are too under powered though. And every one agrees they git hell stomped be every other faction.They need some boost of some kind. To be able to at less not be the first two faction to be conquered every time.

maybe some new units. maybe some thing else.
    For Moblins, a defensive unit I think would help.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

like this guy.
    Wooden Shield Moblin

Known as Wooden Shield Moblins They brandish a wooden, square-shaped shield and a long wooden spear. Link can cut its shield down into small pieces with his sword, leaving the beast shieldless and open for attack. However this will enrage it and cause it to use both hands to swing its spear at Link aggressively and it will also sometimes charge at Link holding its spear like a jostling vault. Link can also jump behind the Moblin by dashing onto its shield and climbing over it, jumping over and exposing the monster's behind for an attack. After a Moblin is defeated, it will tumble forward; if Link stands too close to the Moblin when it falls, he will be knocked back by the Moblin's heavy body, but will not be damaged. http://zeldawiki.org/Moblin#Metal_Shield_Moblin

Or a better one.
    Metal Shield Moblin
    A Metal Shield Moblin in Skyward Sword

Later in the game, a second variety of Moblin known as a Metal Shield Moblin appears. They wield a shield that cannot be cut down by Link's sword, so Link is required to climb over the shield in order to get in an attack at its backside. They are also more heavily armored and wear an iron helmet, and take more hits to defeat. This type of Moblin is very rare, but Link has to face two of them at once on a bridge in the Sky Keep as part of a long battle sequence.

A unit that can not brake and rout. For the Moblins may give them that boost they need as well.

They seam to go by three names.
    Cursed Bokoblin.
    Bokoblin Lepers.
    or Zombie Bokoblin

for the Lizalfos it seems to be harder to find some way to equlize them to the other factions. many reptilian units are ether a boss type or more of a wild life type.
    A Few things people have mentioned are.

having the skull of the Helmasaur(Helmasaur Riders) a Shield. may give that unit the needed boost to be a affective cavalry.

a new unit Dodgecko

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    This creature is called a DodongoTP. But it look nothing like a Dodongo. So maybe call it a Dodgecko. It looks frailer and looks like it would be with the Lizalfos.
    We could have the Dodgecko's driven out with the Lizalfos. Not being as powerful as the Dodongo, and relying on fire to defend its self. The Gorons being resistant to fire easily drove them away. The Lizalfos leaving their warmer Climate. Took in and tamed. The Dodgecko's out of respect for a fellow reptilian, spite for the Gorons, lust for the warmth Dodgecko's provide"internal and external", and as a military weapon. With many other reasons, and conflicting emotions, that is do to a Banished Defeated Race.

Thoughts any one?

and as others have mentioned and pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    is it intended for the lizalfos catapult to be only able to shoot those rotting corpses, because as of now they're horribly inaccurate and completely ineffective in a siege battle
    Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa View Post
    Supposedly, the catapults are to be used as a morale weapon. It demoralizes the enemies. You're going to have to hope it's buffed or start using more siege equipment. Personally I like using siege towers and ladders more than catapults.
    Question from me! Is there anyway to earn volvagian in the campaign yet? They're just so amazing! They destroy siege equipment and one shot enemies with one fireball.
    As lizalfos catapult are not of any real benafit at this point. and volvagian the only unit that currently could give this faction equal standing in hyrule is not usable. the lizalfos have little hope of being a world power.

O... just some thing to note. the difference in power to some of the factions.

the Gerudo git 4 capable archer units.
    Scouts
    Dune Archers
    Mounted Dune Archers
    Mounted Scouts.(I think they are still a unit)

A capable Catapults
    Deadly Spellcasters(Wind Witches)
    not to mention Bronze Knuckles and Iron Knuckles.
    And Vagrudanons that lizalfos also git.

In my Opinion The lizalfos can't compare to Gerudo's Might and are the Weakest World Power.

If any one can give answers on how to make both of them a capable faction. It would be appreciated.:

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Lizalfos & Moblins. Underpowered. Need Boost

I agree. Lizalfos are fun to use, but when you have one of the top factions (Ordona) at your borders and you yourself are one of those factions no the low end, it can be annoying. Also agree with the Moblins. Unless I'm being them myself they get totally roflstomped. As a comparison, they can lose faster in a war against one faction, faster than Hyrule can once it pisses off all its neighbors.

The lizalfos catapults are absolutely hilarious.

My new EDU give the Lizalfos much better armor and shield stats(when available). Not sure how much it helps them in a campaign but it's only at turn fifty and they just went to war with the Kokiri, so i will be checking up on them often to see how they do. Moblins are at war with Ordonna ATM and it appears to be a stalemate. Considering I made the Moblins small units more suseptible to cavalry I'm a little surprised, but again i don't really know how it works for the AI.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Their Dinofos always die suspiciously quickly for me. Dark Hammers are like freaking Bigblins though with more units .

I think Neph said balance would be one of the last things to work on but new units would be cool

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Heres the way people should think about it though. Would you rather play it totally done and wait until then? Or be able to play a slowly updated version along the way? If unbalanceness bothers people just think that without us being able to do this, we wouldn't be able to play at all . Besides more unbalanced things means more challenge!

YES !! i hate how everytime a bunch of ordonian farmers win the game because they coquer ikana and the moblins someone has to do something lol

Quote Originally Posted by HerofTime View Post
    Heres the way people should think about it though. Would you rather play it totally done and wait until then? Or be able to play a slowly updated version along the way? If unbalanceness bothers people just think that without us being able to do this, we wouldn't be able to play at all . Besides more unbalanced things means more challenge!
    I have to agree. People have to be happy with what they get as the mod team is spending their time making the mod so it goes by their schedule. However, talking about the problems found in the mod is a good way for a developer to know just what to fix and what to let stay without hours of testing all the different factions. So complaining about it actually does help. It might actually get somebody to submod (like the good emperor Hantscher) and that might actually save the time of the original team if they decide to implement the submod into the regular mod. (if not, then it saves our time to play a more complete product than just playing the original)

Senator

The main issue with the Lizalfos, at least from what I have played, is that they are right next to a top cav faction, yet they have literally no spears to recruit. It's true, you can't really recruit them from a settlement until the last barracks settings.

While they can easily match the surrounding factions in a melee, the unfortunate thing is that for the first two barracks levels for their castles they can only get archers.

Still...makes for a fun LP for all the family.

For Lizaflos in the early game they get slaughtered because they can't defend themselves against Ordona's cavalry menace, and can't compete with the Kokiri's early melee troops because it takes a awhile to melee troops needed

T34mki11's Avatar Laetus

And the Deku. They so bad.

Basically anyone that is pretty much a "Bad guy" faction is to be slaughtered with all abandon.

Read: (ALL MY FAVORITE FACTIONS SUCK PRETTY BADLY)

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Well, not all "bad" factions.... The Darknuts and the Gohma are rather good.... Also it depends on what you call "bad guys". I might call the Gerudo "bad" if under Gannondorf and perhaps the Labrynnans evil too. And neither of those factions are all that underpowered in my opinion.... The Moblins, Deku, and Lizalfos do leave something to be desired though...

I don't find Ordona that hard to deal with, it's just that they're allied with hyrule so when I try a preemptive strike so Ordona can't screw one of my towns over with their cavalry, and then Hyrule completely screws me over with their firey catapults of doom. Also, I think the lizalfos catapult is an absolute waste of money (building the siegeworks and recruiting them) seeing as all of their catapult rounds fly way off course. :/ and I like the Zombie Bokoblin idea, but would probably go to the Stalfos, seeing their undead nature. The shield Moblins seem like a good idea, going in and plowing through everything with their shields XD

Bump. This tread has a Point.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Sounds like a pretty easy sub mod for someone that has the know how. Add a good cavalry defense troop to the Lizz or make those flying dragon type troops recruitable(forget generals name something the winged)

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    Sounds like a pretty easy sub mod for someone that has the know how. Add a good cavalry defense troop to the Lizz or make those flying dragon type troops recruitable(forget generals name something the winged)
    Those flying dragons are useless. The alferos or something? I find it such a ripoff that lizalfos top teir troops are those useless flying lizards and the soothsayers. They are worse in combat than a group of dinalfos and much more useless than the dark hammers. I tried doing 3 campaigns with lizalfos and quit everytime.

Kahath's Avatar Civis

From what I have played with the Lizalfos is that they can't win a fair fight. Not necessarily because mounted units are really OP in general, but because their morale is so low they run from a fight even if they're winning. I've also noticed that the lizalfos are really slow, I expected them to be a lot quicker on the battlefield then they are. But probably their biggest problem is that the dinalfos are the only good unit they can recruit, while other races like the ordonians have several good units in their roster. The only other good unit lizalfos have is the mounted helmasuars, and they are no where near as powerful as most other mounted units like Goat Riders, and mounted archers.

The moblins on the other hand do have a few good units, especially the boar riders. The sad fact is the A.I. will never use the moblins strengths to any great effect, so they just get roflstomped by ordona's constant stack spamming.

The easiest solution right now is to just greatly increase ordona's upkeep for their units, and it should give the races bordering ordona a much better chance of survival.