Thread: House of Ui Maine [AAR-CK2]

Default House of Ui Maine [AAR-CK2]

Hello and welcome. I've written several AARs on paradox forums, like History of the White Eagle 2, Legacy of Mansa Musa, or Tales from the Steppe. Some of them even got awards. Unfortunately, I can't post any AARs there right now. So, I've decided to mix my history book style of AARing with video format. Does it work? You tell me.

Part 1 Intro:

Part 2:

Last edited by thrashing_mad; February 03, 2013 at 11:28 PM.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: House of Ui Maine [AAR-CK2]

Written AAR"s have the advantage of easy correcting spelling mistakes (imulse instead of impulse). I'm looking forward to see what you can do in ireland. Although i would prefer written AAR"s, or video's with commentary

But thats just me being lazy cause i dont wanna read the video's all the time. And i'm a total noob when it comes to experience with writing/making AAR's. So you can ignore me

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    Written AAR"s have the advantage of easy correcting spelling mistakes (imulse instead of impulse). I'm looking forward to see what you can do in ireland. Although i would prefer written AAR"s, or video's with commentary

But thats just me being lazy cause i dont wanna read the video's all the time. And i'm a total noob when it comes to experience with writing/making AAR's. So you can ignore me
    Thanks. Yeah, perhaps such format is not that great after all.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Man, things sure are heating up! Does Cormac legitimize his son, securing a male hair but in turn angering his wife, or does he not, and risk not having a male heir?
    Though i wish you'd make more use of sentences types other than declarative. It feels like I'm watching a power point in history class instead of an AAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the cat View Post
    Man, things sure are heating up! Does Cormac legitimize his son, securing a male hair but in turn angering his wife, or does he not, and risk not having a male heir?
    Though i wish you'd make more use of sentences types other than declarative. It feels like I'm watching a power point in history class instead of an AAR.
    He will legitimize him, but things would get even more complicated than that.

As for grammar - unfortunately, English is not my primary language, and I didn't even learn it at school. It was meant to be sort of like a chronicle, so maybe powerpoint comparison is not that bad.

You mean that I should use questions from time to time instead of just statements, to make narration more lively and suspenseful?

Quote Originally Posted by thrashing_mad View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, perhaps such format is not that great after all.
    as long as you keep it to short clips or 3-5 min, its not gonna be a problem. but avoid anything longer

as long as you keep it to short clips or 3-5 min, its not gonna be a problem. but avoid anything longer
    It takes a while to write/photoshop/assemble whole thing, so no worries - clips would be short.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by thrashing_mad View Post
    You mean that I should use questions from time to time instead of just statements, to make narration more lively and suspenseful?
    A perfect example of this is in the last episode where you revealed that the count had a bastard. Instead of just putting "... holding in hands Cormac's newborn son.", you could have put "... holding in hands Cormac's newborn son!" to show how Cormac is surprised when she shows up with his son.

Anyway, i too have little experience with AAR, so you don't really have to follow my advice. Just do what you think is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the cat View Post
    A perfect example of this is in the last episode where you revealed that the count had a bastard. Instead of just putting "... holding in hands Cormac's newborn son.", you could have put "... holding in hands Cormac's newborn son!" to show how Cormac is surprised when she shows up with his son.

Anyway, i too have little experience with AAR, so you don't really have to follow my advice. Just do what you think is good.
    I see what you mean. I'll try to implement it.

Part 3 is up:

Im not gonna post after every clip, cause that would be spamming. but keep it going! its already intresting with the bastard son

Also, on a technical sidenote, its: "to be continued". To be concluded means "to be decided/end"

Also, on a technical sidenote, its: "to be continued". To be concluded means "to be decided/end"
    Indeed. Thanks for pointing that out.