Thread: Travelers (Netflix "Original")

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Travelers (Netflix "Original")

I put original in quotes because it is only a Netflix original outside of Canada.

Has anyone watched this show? I just binged it today and it was pretty awesome. One of the lowest budgeted sci-fi shows I have ever seen (virtually no VFX) and yet it made it work exceptionally well with engaging writing, plot, and acting.

I'm hoping it gets a second season.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Blog Entries

Default Re: Travelers (Netflix "Original")

Ahahaha well this took off well.

Anyway...season three arrives soon. There is a trailer out on youtube but i can't link it due to naughty language.

And since it now a full netflix original this season probably has a better budget now.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Blog Entries

For shame, Gaidin

But seriously this show is amazing for what it is. I love when low budget shows make due with what they got.

And the actors are so great in their roles, with McCormick and the guy that plays Trevor as the highlights.

Last year, they took the opportunity to do what every sci-fi or fantasy show does...Do a groundhog day episode. And damn was that episode dark

Senator

Great News, season 3 on Netflix 14th December.
    Great Show with a lot of tension and a interesting backstory. Especially that episode with the Skydivers really freaked me out, that poor girl

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    For shame, Gaidin
    I didn't even know this thread was here when I posted those trailers.

But yea. It's like sci-fi tv show tradition to rip off groundhog day. Until this show and Legends of Tomorrow, Stargate SG-1 did it best. Now SG-1 has to settle for bronze.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Might as well give it a look.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

-Neil deGrasse Tyson

Because why the f-- not? That's why.

You'd be surprised how often that works very well for science fiction shows.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

I am totally binging this show again before next week. Am on Episode 9 right now.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Really diggin the show, only 3 more days

oh yeah and I have a crush on Marcy

Senator

Japp, that actress is cute.
    Marcy's backstory is very sad...

Best. Cliffhanger. Ever.

Yet it also completes the story.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Welcome aboard the USS Reset Button...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Long-form groundhog day
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson