Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Carlisle Castle, Ward of the North.

Default Re: Carlisle Castle, Ward of the North.

That morning, Johann awoke to the sounds of the English army returning from Scotland.

ooc: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12906390
    Creative Writing: (Currently on hold)
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

errya's Avatar Laetus

It truly was a great spectacle. It was the most soldiers Johann had ever seen in one place before, and their many-coloured banners snapped in the wind. The great king William rode at their head, most conspicuous of all. As they came closer, Johann noticed with concern that they were battered and bruised, some soldiers being carried in stretchers. But there was the unmistakable light of victory in their eyes.

Johann approached one of the soldiers.

Excuse me sir, does the Baron Richard de Lacquitar ride with you today? I wish to speak with him.

The soldier was in good mood from his victory and laughed heartily.

There's not many a man who'd call me sir! I'd be guessing the Baron would wish to return to his quarters before doing anything else, but you might as well try to catch his attention. He's an amiable enough man, he wouldn't make anything of it.

Johann: Thanks, friend.

Johann spotted a man better dressed than the surrounding soldiers, with an air of authority. After inquiring to his identity, he learned it was the Baron. Approaching him, he cried...

Excuse me Baron Lacquartier, could I have a word with you?

Sir Roger de Courtenay looked down from atop his horse, looking at this new arrival.

It would appear that you have been mistaken, the Lord Carlisle is him behind me.

Behind the knight was a makeshift open carriage pulled by a single horse. Upon the carriage was a ragged cripple complete with long and dirty flea-ridden hair and unkempt beard. The man could no longer ride due to the discomfort it gave him and it was difficult to control the reins with only one hand and three digits remaining... The baron had never been one for showy clothing, preferring good traveling cloaks and leathers, though now he wore the simple attire of a Warden. Battlefields are surprisingly bountiful when it comes to finding new clothes...
    Creative Writing: (Currently on hold)
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

errya's Avatar Laetus

Johann was much surprised to see such an important man in such a sorry state. Perhaps he was just eccentric? He made a mental note to find out. But, he had to speak with the Baron, so he squared his shoulders, and walked up to Baron.

Excuse me, Baron? He said, bowing low. I came to inquire about the absence of a chaplain at Carlisle. I believe the Archbishop of Canterbury may have sent a letter before me.