Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233343536373853 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Default Re: Metal song of the day game

Quote Originally Posted by Logios View Post
    Even with the state the site is in, we should have managed to hear the songs by now. Otherwise, just take your time with the voting round.
    Blood Ceremony - Children of the future 8/8 Nice retrospective style.
    Vanir - Thyrfing 8/8 I originally went looking for another song of theirs with what sounded like accordion, but it turned out to be be keytar. The bagpipe in this one is real enough, and pretty well-played, but the song as a whole could probably have been better mixed and produced.
    Falkenbach - Vanadis 9/9 I may be biased by the title and lyrics, but still awesome integration of the flute into the whole.
    Angra - Evil Warning 0/0 Sorry. Great song, but no folk instruments (keyboards with string sound does not count). Maybe you could repost it if a fitting theme is chosen later.
    Skyclad - History Lessens 7/7 the violin got slightly annoying for me after l had listened a few times to it. Interesting lyrics though.
    Eluveitie - A Rose For Epona 7/7 I like some other of their songs more (I would have given 10 to Inis Mona for this theme).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    Sorry it's taken so long, I may have slightly forgotten about this .

Blood Ceremony - Children of the future 8/16
    Vanir - Thyrfing 6/14
    Falkenbach - Vanadis 8/17
    Angra - Evil Warning 0/0 - Same reason as Logios, great song but no folk instruments.
    Skyclad - History Lessens 7/14
    Eluveitie - A Rose For Epona 9/16
    You are both wrong, can't you hear the banjo in the beginning, at 0:11 to 0:30?

Logios's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    You are both wrong, can't you hear the banjo in the beginning, at 0:11 to 0:30?
    Actually, when you point it out, I can hear a bit of banjo in the background of the intro (hidden below keyboard strings), and I can even find a mention of the banjo on metal-archives (http://www.metal-archives.com/review...gels_Cry/1668/), but I can't find anyone who is credited for it in the lineups or as guest musicians (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angra_%28band%29#Members), so I am guessing it is a keyboard sound. With this new info, I might squeeze a 2 out for this subject since the banjo is not very significant for the song as a whole, but if the subject was, say, "songs with the word evil in the title", I would give a much higher rating.
    BTW, is this still ongoing or are everybody tired of playing all at once (you could have told me, I was so alone here for days while it gradually page 2'd).
    Last edited by Logios; April 09, 2013 at 02:52 PM.

Logios's Avatar Senator

Double post, delete

Actually, when you point it out, I can hear a bit of banjo in the background of the intro (hidden below keyboard strings), and I can even find a mention of the banjo on metal-archives (http://www.metal-archives.com/review...gels_Cry/1668/), but I can't find anyone who is credited for it in the lineups or as guest musicians (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angra_%28band%29#Members), so I am guessing it is a keyboard sound. With this new info, I might squeeze a 2 out for this subject since the banjo is not very significant for the song as a whole, but if the subject was, say, "songs with the word evil in the title", I would give a much higher rating.
    BTW, is this still ongoing or are everybody tired of playing all at once (you could have told me, I was so alone here for days while it gradually page 2'd).
    If I'm not mistaken André Matos plays the banjo. And I'm sorry, I was too lazy and busy to answer the bloody speech Timoleon gave.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

this round has become messed up and i don´t feel like voting is a good choice.
    So i would say we ignore this round and start a new one.

Logios's Avatar Senator

Lets start a new round and hope for less server problems, but what about quitting the whole voting thing?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

just for the last turn, because of the angra-banjo controversy.
    but if two votes count, then falkenbach wins

I don't mind quitting or continuing, I simply haven't voted yet because I'm waiting you two vote for Angra, since I already stated there is a banjo, or if you anyhow you will not consider it, then tell me so I post another bloody video.

And I urge you lot to stop from now on voting for yourselves.

Logios's Avatar Senator

I don't mind quitting or continuing, I simply haven't voted yet because I'm waiting you two vote for Angra, since I already stated there is a banjo, or if you anyhow you will not consider it, then tell me so I post another bloody video.

And I urge you lot to stop from now on voting for yourselves.
    I updated my votes with a 2 for Angra. I don't mind if you post something else, and I would really like to get back to this awesome way of discovering new music that this thread represented. About the voting: I don't care how the rules are, and for my sake we could do this without numbers - perhaps just comments and nominations for "best this round" or something. If we keep the numbers, I don't mind if we don't vote for self, vote 5 for self or vote in full for self or whatever has been tried or not yet. We may need Sturm to give his opinion here.

I updated my votes with a 2 for Angra. I don't mind if you post something else, and I would really like to get back to this awesome way of discovering new music that this thread represented. About the voting: I don't care how the rules are, and for my sake we could do this without numbers - perhaps just comments and nominations for "best this round" or something. If we keep the numbers, I don't mind if we don't vote for self, vote 5 for self or vote in full for self or whatever has been tried or not yet. We may need Sturm to give his opinion here.
    Did you give 2 to Angra because of the bloody banjo or because of the bloody song?! You are suppose to give a vote for your likeness of the song itself, that's what our bloody game is about!

Did you give 2 to Angra because of the bloody banjo or because of the bloody song?! You are suppose to give a vote for your likeness of the song itself, that's what our bloody game is about!
    It's also got to match the theme though. The voting was supposed to be based on how much you like the song as well as how well it fits the theme. I'll admit that I didn't hear the banjo before so I was wrong but I would have thought it'd need a bit more 'folk instruments' involved than just that to count properly to be honest.

I've edited my post and given it a 5 so if the game is continuing then Falkenbach still won anyway unless anyone else plans on voting?

Then I shall remove, even though I didn't want to use Rhapsody again...

Thread: Metal song of the day game

What's going on: Discussing rules like little bab...

She's metal:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU6U-8LP1DY

And they too perhaps:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E929gqIcwwI

Thread: Metal song of the day game

What's going on:
    Discussing rules like little bab...

She's metal:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU6U-8LP1DY

And they too perhaps:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E929gqIcwwI

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Tarabonius View Post
    FTFY
    "God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron

FTYF = ??

here's what I found: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FTFY

Anyhow. She's more metal that all the bourgeois rules addicts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarabonius View Post
    FTYF = ??

here's what I found: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FTFY

Anyhow. She's more metal that all the bourgeois rules addicts here.
    Means fixed that for you. And the song itself is more in the style of Hardcore, minus the breakdown, sounds more like a CHUGGA CHUGGA metalcore breakdown.
    -Jimmy Neutron

Quote Originally Posted by BigDogDavis View Post
    Means fixed that for you. And the song itself is more in the style of Hardcore, minus the breakdown, sounds more like a CHUGGA CHUGGA metalcore breakdown.
    Thanks for the gobbledygook...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzAEzF__FIM

are the things still running here? whats the theme ?

Quote Originally Posted by ♅Sturm und Drang♅ View Post
    are the things still running here? whats the theme ?
    I don't think so, we should just start over and try not to act like children
    -Jimmy Neutron