Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Default Re: Metal song of the day game

Very impressive range of musical knowledge, Sir Brian. How old are you again?
    Last edited by Timoleon of Korinthos; March 16, 2013 at 02:02 PM.
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Timoleon of Korinthos View Post
    Very impressive range of musical knowledge, Sir Brian. How old are you again?
    Says that the one whom listens to guttural black metal. I honestly can't even wonder why would you lack respect like this, have your father taught you naught mate?

Here is a piece of advice for you, try to respect people you don't have intimacy with, someday someone might get really angry with you, and it might lead you to trouble.

I am not criticising your taste, I am criticising your range of knowledge. As long as I have taken part in this thread, every song you post is from Grave Digger and when Grave Digger can not be reconciled with the theme, you just don't post. I don't show you respect because your behaviour does not command respect, you have not shown to be well-versed in any scene and you have not delved into the underground, you are just listening to generic mainstream Century media and Nuclear Blast stuff. That and because in the past you have had the audacity to repeatedly complain about themes picked by other people being stupid.

Now, let's get to voting.

The clans are marching - Grave Digger 9/9
    Fast as a shark - Accept 7/7
    Remember the Fallen - Sodom 7/7
    Coma of souls - Kreator 7/7
    The time of the oath - Helloween 9/9
    Last edited by Timoleon of Korinthos; March 17, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Timoleon of Korinthos View Post
    I am not criticising your taste, I am criticising your range of knowledge. As long as I have taken part in this thread, every song you post is from Grave Digger and when Grave Digger can not be reconciled with the theme, you just don't post. I don't show you respect because your behaviour does not command respect, you have not shown to be well-versed in any scene and you have not delved into the underground, you are just listening to generic mainstream Century media and Nuclear Blast stuff. That and because in the past you have had the audacity to repeatedly complain about themes picked by other people being stupid.

Now, let's get to voting.

The clans are marching - Grave Digger 9/9
    Fast as a shark - Accept 7/7
    Remember the Fallen - Sodom 7/7
    Coma of souls - Kreator 7/7
    The time of the oath - Helloween 9/9
    Well you have a point, I posted Grave Digger 3 times, 2 Manowar and 2 Rhapsody, and it's not that I didn't vote, I was travelling, I try to post every time. I simply haven't got the opportunity to post Freedom Call, Primal Fear, Angra, Krusader, Holy Knights. Accept and Slayer as well, and honestly I don't feel like posting the latter, since everyone knows Accept and Slayer.

I will vote in short.

nvm
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Helloween - The Time of the Oath 8/17
    Kreator - Coma of Souls 7/14
    Sodom - Remember the Fallen 7/14
    Accept - Fast as a Shark 7/14
    Grave Digger - Rebellion (The Clans are Marching) 7/16

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Helloween - The Time of the Oath 6/23
    Kreator - Coma of Souls 6/20
    Sodom - Remember the Fallen 7/21
    Accept - Fast as a Shark 7/21
    Grave Digger - Rebellion (The Clans are Marching) 5/21

Logios's Avatar Senator

Helloween - The Time of the Oath 7/30
    Kreator - Coma of Souls 7/27
    Sodom - Remember the Fallen 5/26
    Accept - Fast as a Shark 8/29 A defining tune from my youth.
    Grave Digger - Rebellion (The Clans are Marching) 9/30 Got stuck in my head, the first three did not

Yes, I realise the Time of the Oath is more of a grower but how can anyone rate Rebellion with less than a 9 I can't fathom. Anyway, it seems there is a tie between me and Sir Brian.
    By all means, Sir Brian, pick a theme.
    Euripides

Augustine

Wait lads, I haven't voted yet! haha

Helloween - The Time of the Oath 4/34
    Kreator - Coma of Souls 8/35
    Sodom - Remember the Fallen 8/34
    Accept - Fast as a Shark 8/37
    Grave Digger - Rebellion (The Clans are Marching) 9/39

Anyhow, the new theme is, unknown bands! Yes, that is right, go for the one you believe the least people know.
    Last edited by Kaiser Nonsense; March 19, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

Logios's Avatar Senator

Edit: I bought this on LP from a real shady black-market person outside a (legit) record store in Moscow when I visited there many years ago. I never really enjoyed the LP, and I lost it a while back in a basement flooding. Rediscovering it now on YT was pretty awesome however.
    Last edited by Logios; March 20, 2013 at 01:09 PM.

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

Last edited by BigDogDavis; March 19, 2013 at 07:44 PM.
    "God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron

Use the youtube tags, the 'insert video' function does not work as far as I can tell, and remember to paste only the part of the link that comes after watch?=, because if you paste the entirety of it it does not work either.

Now, to the topic at hand. If there is one cd or vinyl I prize above all in my collection, it has to be Mournblade's same-titled debut (and only album). A true diamond of the underground, limited to 300 copies sold out long ago.

Last edited by Timoleon of Korinthos; March 19, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
    Euripides

Augustine

Oh by the way Timoleon, I agreed to the fact I have posted only Grave Digger mate, as for I being a poser whom has not yet delved into the underground scene, here is a little something for you I just remembered you probably don't know, boys, this is not on the contest, simply showing him, spoilers on it:

There no less, the band which made DragonForce change their name (they called themselves DragonHeart before they knew it already existed), I had the pleasure of meeting one of the members in person and speak for hours: DragonHeart.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

very good theme, i want to post the band Invanity from ilsenburg/germany, but i couldn´t found anything about them online

edit:
    found there stuff on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/InvanityMeta...59209974102585
    there albums are free to download. so if this counts i choose:

invanity - gaia
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/23098422/02+Gaia.7z
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; March 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

seems it is not counting.
    so lets start voting then

Holy Knights - The Promise 6
    Helraiser - Rocket in the air 7 it would have been better without the vocals
    Mlitzy's Revenge -Outflanked 5 well they arent unknown for nothing
    Black Moth - The articulate dead 7
    Mournblade - The scythe and the harvest 6
    DragonHeart- Calling the dragon 8 (I cannot sing but who gives a damn, letst shout and mourn. A manly and merry drinking song)

Why Invanity wouldnt count ?

well yes good theme but bad results. Some bands come from a wel deserved obscurity and some are at the verge of metal