Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: atmospheric music; Vote !)

Negura Bunket - Cunoasterea Tacuta 5/27 Quite noisy, and I don't see much coherence.
    Dissolving of Prodigy - Torment in the Blind Eyes 7/30
    Arcturus - Paradise Belongs to You 8/33. Not Noisy at all. Good.
    Metalica - Orion 5/19 - Same reason as previous
    Summoning - Long Lost to where no pathway goes 8/30
    Rhapsody - Non Ho Sonno 9/30 , Own song, So as usual, Giving it whatever rounds up the total to a rounded number.

Logios's Avatar Senator

Negura Bunket - Cunoasterea Tacuta 8/35
    Dissolving of Prodigy - Torment in the Blind Eyes 9/39 A tiny notch above the rest
    Arcturus - Paradise Belongs to You 8/41
    Metalica - Orion 8/27 Own submission
    Summoning - Long Lost to where no pathway goes 8/38
    Rhapsody - Non Ho Sonno 8/38

Listened to all a number of times, both as background while doing other stuff on my computer and just with closed eyes while dreaming away. I can't really reproduce any of these to my inner ear except my own submission, but I suppose this is a (not bad) characteristic of atmospheric metal. All of these works wonderful for dreaming and are non-intrusive if in the background, even Orion, but I can tell when I am outnumbered of course. Dissolving of Prodigy was imo better than the rest due to the use of strings (2:30 and such), but Cunoasterea Tacuta deserves honorary mention since, to me, the vocals became "instrumental" (as I don't understand romanian) and by that fit the music wonderfully, an effect also used (more intentionally) in Rhapsody it seems.

I thought the vocals -and by that I mean the vocals, not the language- in Cunoasterea Tacuta really detracted from the overall outcome, even though the music was very good. Also, my dear Logios, do you really perceive Orion an atmospheric song? Other than that, I think the voting round should be extended to 10pm today, so that more people should get the opportunity to vote. Let's say we postponed one voting round for a day -no harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by JoakimϟBrodén View Post
    Own song, So as usual, Giving it whatever rounds up the total to a rounded number.
    Wouldn't it be better if you rated your submissions with whatever expresses your appraisal of their musical value?
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

Logios's Avatar Senator

Yes, I think it is. From the reasons I stated above, that it was unintrusive in the background to preoccupy the ears from other disturbances, while still being something you can just close your eyes and listen to when dreaming away. I also use classical music in both ways. I know this is my own homemade definition, but it is the only one I got.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game

For **** sake Joakim, stop trying to find excuses to vote for yourself lol

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

so voting is stopped at ? (damn, i hate this new outfit of twc)

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    so voting is stopped at ? (damn, i hate this new outfit of twc)
    I'm pretty sure that there's 24 hours for voting like with the submissions, so it should end at 8pm GMT and then the new round starts.

I'm thinking about quitting this game, I don't get it, it was ruled no one could vote for themselves, now people are voting for them, besides there is no clever theme, I think the last useful theme was the religious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    I'm thinking about quitting this game, I don't get it, it was ruled no one could vote for themselves, now people are voting for them, besides there is no clever theme, I think the last useful theme was the religious one.
    It was also changed back to allow voting for yourself. When we weren't allowed you could just not vote and then not lose out on the points that voting would have given to other people. So all in all it is fairer to vote for all of the songs, your own included.

The themes are decided by the winner, so if you want a "better" theme, then win the round .

Ok, seems I won. New theme: Songs about historical figures.
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

Should be an interesting theme.

link if that doesn't work, I think the forum's having issues embedding videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Qdj7pt7Iw

Here's my entry: Sabaton - White Death about Simo Häyhä, a Finnish sniper in the Second World War.

Just incase the embedded youtube video doesn't work, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YKhz7YBrpI

YAAAAAAAAAA GREAT THEME, IT'S SO GREAT I CAN'T EVEN THINK WHICH ONE TO PICK!

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The tale of King Harald Hardrada.

Incase the embedded thing dont work:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYgPI440E4k
    Last edited by saxdude; February 23, 2013 at 08:59 PM.

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

Serial Killers are Historical figures, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uI1tjBlHU
    "God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron

Logios's Avatar Senator

I was convinced that Timoleon had already submitted this one, and that the embedding had just failed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oTEQf1d9Iw
    I searched a few odd corners of youtube last night, and found some other possible ones, just PM me if you can't think of anything to submit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    YAAAAAAAAAA GREAT THEME, IT'S SO GREAT I CAN'T EVEN THINK WHICH ONE TO PICK!
    Good, it's supposed to be demanding. And you don't worry, you will have your chance to participate once the 'your favourite album' theme is picked.

Now, to the topic at hand.

Elizabeth Bathory - Tormentor
    Last edited by Timoleon of Korinthos; February 24, 2013 at 03:20 AM.
    Euripides

Augustine

ok,
    heaven shall burn - matyrs blood
    (a song about salvador allende - better, his death)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FE6zABWV7o

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

Well, Voting for yourself is pretty much mandatory, So I have to vote something. Might as well give in to my OCD-ish urges.

Anyways,

New Theme.
    I'm gonna withold from posting the obvious Sabaton.
    Last edited by Morrowind3; February 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM.

i can´t see your video, just a picture with a red strip.
    edit:
    now it works well
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; February 24, 2013 at 12:16 PM.