Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: instrumental songs max. 5 min)

>tfw can't post Imaginaerum

Well
    Storytime then.
    Would 5:23 pass?
    It's just 23 secs over the limit
    And the actual song stops at 5:18 anyways.
    so 18 seconds over
    Last edited by Morrowind3; February 12, 2013 at 02:32 AM.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: instrumental songs max. 5 min)

Time to tap into my vast Touhou metal collection

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: instrumental songs max. 5 min; vote !)

As it's gone 8pm I guess we can start the voting?

Drudkh - Only the Wind Remembers my Name 9/9
    Norther - Frozen Sky NO VOTE/0
    Megadeth - Dialectic Chaos 7/7
    Firewind - The Fire and the Fury 8/8
    Burning the Masses - Galactic Abduction 7/7
    Stormwitch - Excalibur 7/7
    Iron Maiden - Transylvania 9/9
    Nightwish - Storytime 8/8
    Crow's Claw - Solitude of Descendant 7/7

lmt96's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: instrumental songs max. 5 min; vote !)

Drudkh - Only the Wind Remembers my Name 6/15 - I love the atmosphere created in this song as well as the guitar solo. Yet it lacks "flavours", they should have dedicated more time to this song. I would give 8 or 9 with the flavours.
    Norther - Frozen Sky 5/5 - Not to say it's bad. It has a very nice atmosphere. But it's too atmospheric and it makes me feel like listening to a film soundtrack. It also lacks highlights.
    Megadeth - Dialectic Chaos 7/14 - A very interesting guitar solo "song". By "song" I mean there should be some more space for jams and riffs, cramming too much guitar sound would be a little bit awkward for me. But yeah still a nice song.
    Firewind - The Fire and the Fury 9/17 - Haha it's like a relief for me. I have been doing some geophysics case study which is not something I'm interested in and I have nightmares about it. But this song is so relaxing that I could forget all those thing and get on with it again, after writing something here. A mind-blowing intro, heavy and complex yet catchy riff. It has both the atmosphere needed and the highlights are sufficient enough to clear the black clouds in my head. The ending is relaxing and beautiful too.
    Burning the Masses - Galactic Abduction 6/13 - Errr....yeah it's an entertaining song...But it lacks the creativity. The riff and the solo are too conventional , in a negative way. But still it was put in the right place, I appreciate that.
    Stormwitch - Excalibur 6/13 - A classic of instrumental metal. The riff brings back the feeling of the 80s metal, the thing that really defined the term "metal" these days, imo. But because it is a classic, I have to give my score in a "classic" way, compared to the classics.
    Iron Maiden - Transylvania 7/16 - Another classic. I've been listening to it for years. Conventional riff (oh well in a positive meaning this time lol) and the music that makes Iron Maiden unique and famous. However, because it is a classic, I'm giving it the score for the classic league. It's not their fault, it's just the nature of this game.
    Nightwish - Storytime 8/16 - Oh well I didn't bother checking the song again because I had listened to it times and times before. Complex orchestration, atmospheric and emotional, I give an 8.
    Crow's Claw - Solitude of Descendant 6/13 - Quite interesting . Yet the melody is too conventional, but again it's in a negative way. Oh come on can't they think of something else different? {Oh I'm getting dramatic}. However, the guitar solo is quite interesting and lightens up the song a little bit. 6 will suffice.
    Eagerly Awaiting Europa Barbarorum II !!!!

You are an nice addition to the group Tuan ; for a moment I thought I completely forgot about you but it seems I was very tenacious and issued a call for Your Shortness too
    Last edited by Kranos; February 12, 2013 at 05:29 PM.

Harvester of Sorrow's Avatar Vicarius

Drudkh - Only the Wind Remembers my Name 9/24
    Norther - Frozen Sky 6/11
    Megadeth - Dialectic Chaos 8/22
    Firewind - The Fire and the Fury 7/24
    Burning the Masses - Galactic Abduction 7/20
    Stormwitch - Excalibur 6/19
    Iron Maiden - Transylvania NO VOTE/16
    Nightwish - Storytime 5/21
    Crow's Claw - Solitude of Descendant 6/19

lmt96's Avatar Tiro

Haha I was busy with the studying stuff here. It's getting more demanding and I get less and less time.
    Still, people need entertainment, eh?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Drudkh - Only the Wind Remembers my Name 9/33 - yeah drudkh is a mysterious! they don´t need text or any publicity
    Norther - Frozen Sky 7/18 a bit to long for my taste, but they create a cool feeling
    Megadeth - Dialectic Chaos 9/31 they show what they got, nice one
    Firewind - The Fire and the Fury 9/33 definitely freaksolocontest music - IoI
    Burning the Masses - Galactic Abduction no vote/20
    Stormwitch - Excalibur 9/28 - great stuff, i like this 80`s sound - bit between maiden and priest
    Iron Maiden - Transylvania 7/23 a classic one,
    Nightwish - Storytime 5/26 - nightwish is definitely to girly to me... sorry, it´s instrumental, but i can hear her voice
    Crow's Claw - Solitude of Descendant 5/24 - it´s a good song, but i don´t like the funky drumming tabtadadadtab tabtab that much

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

I won't be able to Join for a couple of rounds. Just got a new PC and I still have to settle stuff in.
    I'll be able to vote this round though.
    Drudkh - 6/39
    Norther - 7/39
    Megadeth - 9/40
    Firewind - 8/41
    Burning the Masses - 4/24
    Stormwitch -7/35
    Iron Maiden -7/30
    Nightwish - NOVOTE
    Crow's claw - 8/32

question: if you do not vote will that increase your chances of wining ? I think the "vote for yourself" even with its perversity would counter this anomaly.

Drudkh - 8/47
    Norther - 6/45
    Megadeth - 7/47
    Firewind - 7/48
    Burning the Masses - 6/30
    Stormwitch - no vote /35 (it's an 8 for me)
    Iron Maiden -7/37
    Nightwish - 4/30
    Crow's claw - 8/40

Quote Originally Posted by ♅Sturm und Drang♅ View Post
    question: if you do not vote will that increase your chances of wining ? I think the "vote for yourself" even with its perversity would counter this anomaly.
    It does, but who would be such a pathetic creature as to refrain from voting in order to increase his chances of winning an internet game we play for fun and with nothing being at stake? I don't care if someone can't log in due to real life obligations and misses the vote and is thus favoured by the system, I don't believe anyone would do it intentionally.
    Last edited by Timoleon of Korinthos; February 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM.
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

lmt96's Avatar Tiro

How about whoever proposed a song can not vote, they will have to wait for the next round? After all it's just 1 day waiting or 2 days if they missed both.

Quote Originally Posted by lmt96 View Post
    How about whoever proposed a song can not vote, they will have to wait for the next round? After all it's just 1 day waiting or 2 days if they missed both.
    And who would be left to vote?
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Drudkh - 7/54
    Norther - 4/49
    Megadeth - no vote/47
    Firewind - 6/54
    Burning the Masses - 6/36
    Stormwitch - 7/42
    Iron Maiden -8/45
    Nightwish - 7/37
    Crow's claw - 8/48

sorry this time dont have too much time to linger on fancy commnets so

Drudkh - 7/63
    Norther - 6/55
    Megadeth - 8/55
    Firewind - NO VOTE/54
    Burning the Masses - 6/42
    Stormwitch - 6/48
    Iron Maiden -8/53
    Nightwish - 6/43
    Crow's claw - 6/54

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

Drudkh - NO VOTE/63
    Norther - 7/62
    Megadeth - 9/64
    Firewind - 9/54
    Burning the Masses - 7/49
    Stormwitch - 7/55
    Iron Maiden - 8/61
    Nightwish - 7/50
    Crow's Claw - 6/60

I've changed my mind on the voting rules, I think it would be better if we can vote on our own songs, I think people will vote fairly.
    Last edited by God; February 13, 2013 at 02:01 PM.

I agree... I wonder this system we have ran till now is mathematically corect. I mean if one who submited a song doesnt vote all is fk up since all the others gave him points but they didnt add to their own score. Instead he received points with every vote from the others.

ok this time Megadeth is the winner. I see noone bothers coming with a theme so I curse you with this one : Cover songs better than the original.

This is a special theme and we need to bend the rules a bit. You will post both original and the cover and the amount of points received for the cover song will represent how much that song is better than the original. So we dont vote the musical value of the song but the funny irony of replica surpassing the original. In other words even the song sucks terrible , if its a real improvement (no matter if still sucks or not) that should get a high score.

and I would like to hear other opinions regarding to voting system considering the flaw of the situation when somebody doesnt vote .
    Last edited by Kranos; February 13, 2013 at 04:42 PM.

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: Cover songs better than the original; submission round)

About the voting system, I'd say that we decide a standard value that everyone should give to their own songs so even if somebody doesn't vote the should be still competition (something like +5 or +6)

Harvester of Sorrow's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: Cover songs better than the original; submission round)

Last edited by Harvester of Sorrow; February 13, 2013 at 05:24 PM.