Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: non-metal songs from metal bands; submissions till 20:00 GMT)

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Whiskey in the jar by Metallica is rock, possibly hard rock, but not metal. Certainly not the thrash metal Metallica is known for.
    Yes, come to think of it, you are absolutely right! It's just the vocals echo in my mind and something tells me, "this is metal". haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Garage Inc. is a cover album. If you want example of Metallica's trash metal, try album Master of Puppets.
    I prefer ...And Justice for All.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: non-metal songs from metal bands; submissions till 20:00 GMT)

The winner of the previous round decides if Metallica song is matching. As for me thats a metal cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Garage Inc. is a cover album. If you want example of Metallica's trash metal, try album Master of Puppets.
    Master of Puppets has a few thrash songs ,Ride The Lightning and Kill Em all ,are more closer to thrash metal .

Quote Originally Posted by ♅Sturm und Drang♅ View Post
    The winner of the previous round decides if Metallica song is matching. As for me thats a metal cover.
    Nah, I think they are right, more like hard rock than metal.

Can't wait to start voting lads, I will also post some songs just for you to take a look, which I was undecided whether use them or the one I used.

Post them in the headbanging thread , there is already a lots of links here , we can't make a mess now .

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

Oops, Forgot to check this thread in days im so terrible at forums
    ayways.So the theme is Non-metal by Metal bands now?
    Last edited by Morrowind3; February 09, 2013 at 02:38 AM.

Time to open the rankings:

Nightwish - Slow Love Slow : no vote/0
    Agalloch - Sowilo Rune : 6/6
    Rhapsody - The Magic of the Wizard's Dream : 9/9
    System of a Down - Arto : 3/3
    Skyforger - Long I Heard, Now I See : 4/4
    Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes : 9/9
    Metallica - Whiskey in a Jar : 7/7
    Satanic Warmaster - Utug-Hul [Nachzehrer] : 4/4
    Fear Factory - Cloning Technology : 4/4
    Blind Guardian - The Bard's Song : 8/8

Quote Originally Posted by The Vitiated Mind View Post
    Post them in the headbanging thread , there is already a lots of links here , we can't make a mess now .
    Yeah, it was indeed there I was going to post mate, and then post the post-number/link thread here, songs here are exclusive to the contest.

Tomorrow however (I mean, today, but I still haven't slept), tonight I'm so tired I can't even vote.

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: non-metal songs from metal bands; voting round)

Nightwish - Slow Love Slow : 9/9 I like the Vintage feel to it.
    Agalloch - Sowilo Rune : 7/13
    Rhapsody - The Magic of the Wizard's Dream : 9/18 lol luca turrilli looks kinda like Weird Al Yankovic in this.
    System of a Down - Arto : 4/7
    Skyforger - Long I Heard, Now I See : 10/14 omg pagan as fvck
    Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes : 6/15
    Metallica - Whiskey in a Jar : 5/12
    Satanic Warmaster - Utug-Hul [Nachzehrer] : 2/6
    Fear Factory - Cloning Technology : 4/8 Are you sure this isn't metal? . Eh, I'll just repeat the last voter's vote.
    Blind Guardian - The Bard's Song : 10/18 We are still allowed to vote for ourselves out of 10

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: non-metal songs from metal bands; voting round)

No, we still aren't allowed to vote for ourselves unless I missed something, so Bard's Song is still on 8

Nightwish - Slow Love Slow : 1/10 - Never Liked them , this song doesn't helps .
    Agalloch - Sowilo Rune : 9/22 - Ah Agallaoch , like a dream .
    Rhapsody - The Magic of the Wizard's Dream : 8/26 - Cristopher ing Lee
    System of a Down - Arto : 4/11 - I like them , but not this .
    Skyforger - Long I Heard, Now I See : 1/15 - Annoying
    Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes : 5/20
    Metallica - Whiskey in a Jar : 0/12 - Their songs are bad enough , covers ...
    Satanic Warmaster - Utug-Hul [Nachzehrer] : 6/12
    Fear Factory - Cloning Technology : 8 NO VOTE
    Blind Guardian - The Bard's Song : 7/25
    Are you sure this isn't metal? . Eh, I'll just repeat the last voter's vote
    Of course , it's more a Prodigy song with some metal influence .

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

so here we go:

Nightwish - Slow Love Slow : 3/13
    Agalloch - Sowilo Rune : 8/30
    Rhapsody - The Magic of the Wizard's Dream : 8/34
    System of a Down - Arto : 3/14
    Skyforger - Long I Heard, Now I See : no vote/15
    Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes : 5/25
    Metallica - Whiskey in a Jar : 2/14
    Satanic Warmaster - Utug-Hul [Nachzehrer] : 5/17
    Fear Factory - Cloning Technology : 7/15
    Blind Guardian - The Bard's Song : 8/33

Harvester of Sorrow's Avatar Vicarius

Nightwish - Slow Love Slow : 6/21
    Agalloch - Sowilo Rune : 7/37
    Rhapsody - The Magic of the Wizard's Dream : 10/44 Saruman!
    System of a Down - Arto : NO VOTE/14
    Skyforger - Long I Heard, Now I See : 6/21
    Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes : 7/33
    Metallica - Whiskey in a Jar : 8/22
    Satanic Warmaster - Utug-Hul [Nachzehrer] : 7/24
    Fear Factory - Cloning Technology : 8/23
    Blind Guardian - The Bard's Song : 7/40

Blind Guardian -The bard's song is -10 on total WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE FOR OURSELVES.
    BTW we have the same number of songs to vote like the previous round 10. I hope you didnt took this as a rule lol
    Last edited by Kranos; February 09, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

I didn't enter this round but I'm still allowed to vote right?

Nightwish - Slow Love Slow : 7/28
    Agalloch - Sowilo Rune : 8/45
    Rhapsody - The Magic of the Wizard's Dream : 8/52
    System of a Down - Arto : 3/17
    Skyforger - Long I Heard, Now I See : 5/26
    Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes : 8/41
    Metallica - Whiskey in a Jar : 9/31
    Satanic Warmaster - Utug-Hul [Nachzehrer] : 5/29
    Fear Factory - Cloning Technology : 6/29
    Blind Guardian - The Bard's Song : 8/38

And I've taken 10 off of Blind Guardian because of the no voting for your own song rule.

Nightwish - Slow Love Slow : 0/28
    Agalloch - Sowilo Rune : 7/52
    Rhapsody - The Magic of the Wizard's Dream : 3/55
    System of a Down - Arto : 0/17
    Skyforger - Long I Heard, Now I See : 7/33
    Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes : 0/41
    Metallica - Whiskey in a Jar : 0/31
    Satanic Warmaster - Utug-Hul [Nachzehrer] : 8/37
    Fear Factory - Cloning Technology : 2/31
    Blind Guardian - The Bard's Song : 5/43
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

So for you all those songs dont have even the slightest musical value for you ? dahhhh. Anyway you cannot add 0 Points so Ill add 1 to each.Anyway you almost screwed the reasonable votes of the others. If you have any intention in doing this again pls. offer us a reasoning!

Nightwish - Slow Love Slow : 7/36 Nightwish playing lounge-style cool jazz; very mellow, with great brushed snare drumwork and a surprisingly convincing vocal performance by Anette; the fantastical atmosphere of the album is maintained by some swirling piano until the rest of the orchestra comes back towards the end along with the guitars.

Agalloch - Sowilo Rune : 8/60 From "The White" LP and its white as it gets only with a tender touch of dark whispering of John Haughm; Agalloch abandons its metal roots almost entirely, embracing the neoclassical and the dark folk; pearly-sounding, very clean piano touches

Rhapsody - The Magic of the Wizard's Dream : 7/62 No longer a master in the film industry, Mr. Lee is now a king in the Power Metal world ; this showcases the less known talent of guest narrator Christopher Lee, who in addition to being an actor and a multi-linguist, is an accomplished bass with a background in opera; of all the voice ranges out there, the bass is probably the least Power Metal friendly, and that is the principle reason for the criticisms of this EP; his voice is loud, powerful, and although Fabio’s showy tenor range obviously rises above the musical mass behind him, Lee’s voice is so deep and husky that it actually dwarf’s Fabio’s during the chorus.

System of a Down - Arto : 6/24 a tribal stuff; is S.O.A.D a metal band ? why is this track called "Arto" ? Isnt that an Armenian name ? could be obvious since SOAD is formed by Armenians; anyway what this has to do with the tribal stuff?

Skyforger - Long I Heard, Now I See : 7/40 Im struggling to resist not singing along; " daina" you say? we have almost the same word for these lyrical creations "doina" or even "daină" (ah). The word origin may come from Dacian in relation with the sancscrite "dhaina"

Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes : NO VOTE/42

Metallica - Whiskey in a Jar : 7/39The Thin Lizzy version stunk and this one is no better; they could've picked a better Lizzy tune to cover

Satanic Warmaster - Utug-Hul [Nachzehrer] : 7/44 being the final cut on the album, it's as if you're left to ponder the cruelty which has just surpassed and allowed a three minute pause to consider everything but beg for more; it musically has a beautiful sadness to it which you can't escape

Fear Factory - Cloning Technology : 8/39 mindblowing fury of electronica and metal that rages like a dark horse of the apocalypse; later in the song there is an 'electronic' drum solo that is very mesmerizing; this song could hold its own in a techno rave party.

Blind Guardian - The Bard's Song : 6/49 A calm song based on Tolkien's fantasy world of Middle-Earth; the atmosphere and the feeling makes you dream you were living in that world of myths
    Last edited by Kranos; February 09, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

good written arguments
    a joy to read

• Nightwish - Slow Love Slow: 5/40
      I never fancied Nightwish, and this song is meh.

• Agalloch - Sowilo Rune: 9/62
      It awes me how relaxing and incredible good is this song!

• Rhapsody - The Magic of the Wizard's Dream: NO VOTE/62
      I can't speak about my own song, it would be unethical.

• System of a Down - Arto: 3/23
      What the... Like Sturm said, is this band even metal? haha

• Skyforger - Long I Heard, Now I See: 2/35
      This is annoying. -.-

• Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes: 7/48
      Well, this sounds good enough.

• Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar: 1/39
      I really, really, really dislike any version of this song that isn't irish folk. Goes for Thin Lizzy as well.

• Satanic Warmaster - Utug-Hul [Nachzehrer]: 6/42
      It has a good melody, but is too repetitive and not much original.

• Fear Factory - Cloning Technology: 8/45
      Seems good, I've never thought about this, electronic music mixed with metal.

• Blind Guardian - The Bard`s Song: 10/54
      This is really, really, really!! Bloody damn good!

I also ignored every vote from Timoleon of Korinthos, he is clearly mocking, flaming and ruining our little contest, plus, he did not even take part in the first phase, submitting a video/song.

So I we have a draw and as I already won last round and plus I don't have any ideas for themes, I leave this great victory to God.
    Last edited by Kaiser Nonsense; February 09, 2013 at 02:22 PM.

ok lets talk with our little imaginery friend again !!! Are u there God ?