Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 154055565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1335

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Default Re: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: religious tribulation/apocalypse

Warlord - Black Mass 9/27 like the presntation says : Raw, Hevay unotuched ,power metal before it was fully born
    Jag Panzer - All Things Renewed 7/21 ( the chorus is not the best)
    Savatage - Devastation 8/23 overrated but still good, that album is a riffs reign
    Amon Amarth - Destroyer of the Universe 7/25
    Dimmu Borgir - Puritania 8/19 this fits this theme like a glove; this was prolly the best DB album
    Tool - Ænima 7/25 still arguably if its metal but I dont like this song from them that much either
    Dio - End of the World 7/23
    Last edited by Kranos; September 22, 2014 at 09:22 AM.

Default Re: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: religious tribulation/apocalypse (Voting)

Warlord - Black Mass 7/34
    Jag Panzer - All Things Renewed 6/27
    Savantage - Devastation 7/30
    Amon Amarth - Destroyer of the Universe 8/33
    Dimmu Borgir - Puritania 7/26
    Tool - Ænima 8/33
    Dio - End of the World 8/31
    Last edited by rafmc1989; September 25, 2014 at 05:25 AM.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: religious tribulation/apocalypse (Voting)

Warlord - Black Mass 6/40 ewwwwwwwwwwww the version without Damien King II.
    Jag Panzer - All Things Renewed 7/34
    Savantage - Devastation 8/38 I love the Olivia brothers. They made good music.
    Amon Amarth - Destroyer of the Universe 7/40 I like it, but I didn't find it to be anything amazing.
    Dimmu Borgir - Puritania 4/30 Shagrath! QUIT USING VOCAL EFFECTS. YOU HAVE A GOOD VOICE FOR BLACK METAL. ING USE IT. Well, maybe that's a misnomer since they're not really black metal anymore. Also, quit making awful accompaniments.
    Tool - Ænima 6/39 Meh. It didn't have a climax and was overall, a forgettable experience.
    Dio - End of the World 6/37 A bit boring tbh.
    Last edited by The Useless Member; September 22, 2014 at 07:44 PM.

Logios's Avatar Senator

Warlord - Black Mass 7/47 Did not fully like it, but keep finds like this coming
    Jag Panzer - All Things Renewed 8/42 Could become a guilty pleasure for me
    Savantage - Devastation 7/45 Like, okay
    Amon Amarth - Destroyer of the Universe 9/49 Much in line with the theme and great production value. Awesome to hear drums that don't sound like banging a cardboard box, but has a sound that is just right - or maybe it's my new earphones - anyway, great one, my pick for the winner.
    Dimmu Borgir - Puritania 5/35 I need more fries with this Dimmu Burger
    Tool - Ænima 5/44 Not really something I liked
    Dio - End of the World 8/45 I know, not to original of me to post Dio again, but it was what I could think of

It looks like I've won this round so if everyone's alright to move on I'll propose the next theme.

We've already had a fantasy theme, but I reckon Songs based on the works of Tolkien could be quite good as there's a ridiculous amount of songs on with that theme. So it can be any of his books, not just The Lord of the Rings

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Songs based on the works of Tolkien

IB4BG

Last edited by Arto; October 02, 2014 at 03:20 PM.
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

"The song was based on the mythos of Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, and was featured as a playable song on Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock." - from Wikipedia

Arto, you only need to put the part of the url after "v=" into the youtube tags for it to work. So in this case it would be [ youtube ]rhvF_JFF6xc[ /youtube ], only without the spaces obviously. Your song should now show up in this quote hopefully:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arto View Post
    IB4BG

This theme fits perfectly with the timing of the release of the new LOTR game, which is AWESOME by the way

Default Re: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Songs based on the works of Tolkien

Lyrical references are taken from the Lays of Beleriand, The Lay of the Children of Húrin and a Tolkien poem about St. Brendan's death, called Imram

indeed lots of bands inspired by Tolkien but very few to be taken seriously.
    Last edited by Kranos; October 02, 2014 at 02:18 PM.

Default Re: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Songs based on the works of Tolkien

Why stop with a song when you can have an entire album!

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Lets Vote!

Default Re: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Songs based on the works of Tolkien (Voting!)

Rivendell - The King Beneath the Mountains 6/6 Decent song, but the singer really didn't seem to be at the same standard as the rest of the band
    Attacker - Battle at Helm's Deep 8/8 Good song, I may have to look up this band
    Megadeth - This Day We Fight 8/8
    Summoning - Long Lost to Where No Pathway Goes 9/9 Another new band I'll have to listen to more of. Nice video of the northern lights too
    Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth 6/6 I'm not entirely sure posting an entire album is really fair, but either way this isn't one of my favourite Blind Guardian albums
    Black Sabbath - Wizard 9/9 You're pretty much guaranteed a good score by posting a Sabbath song so good choice!
    Nightwish - Elvenpath 8/8

Default Re: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Songs based on the works of Tolkien (Voting!)

Rivendell - The King Beneath the Mountains 7/13 in contrast to Kaiser I must say the growls are more than decent and seem natural, not forced, as some singers tend to sound
    Attacker - Battle at Helm's Deep 8/16 Indeed very addictive song and Ive looked up this band but I couldnt find songs on the same level so this is prolly the best choice from them.
    Megadeth - This Day We Fight 8/16
    Summoning - Long Lost to Where No Pathway Goes 9/18
    Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth 7/13
    Black Sabbath - Wizard 8/17 You're pretty much guaranteed a good score by posting a Sabbath song so good choice!
    Nightwish - Elvenpath 7/15 to be honest I dont like Tarja opera sound
    Last edited by Kranos; October 06, 2014 at 12:29 PM.

Orphydian, you need to add in my scores to the totals for Summoning and Blind Guardian, it looks like you missed those two out.

Metalde's Avatar Libertus

Doomsword!!Listen maybe you like

Rivendell - The King Beneath the Mountains 6/19
    Attacker - Battle at Helm's Deep 7/23
    Megadeth - This Day We Fight 8/24
    Summoning - Long Lost to Where No Pathway Goes 7/25
    Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth 6/19
    Black Sabbath - Wizard 7/24
    Nightwish - Elvenpath 8/23