Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940414257 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Default Re: Metal song of the day game | Theme : "Doom/Stoner after 2010 inclusive"

Quote Originally Posted by ♅Sturm und Drang♅ View Post
    Hmm rules do not mention the span of a round over weeks. You guys can give your votes for that childish "last theme" but provide your entries for this theme also if you dont want to be offtopic.

And yes the new Black Sabath fits very well the theme

How can a thred rely on one man ? is this a forum or what?
    And how would that be off topic? I clearly see in the TWC rules that I couldn't post here about my favourite colour, but if it fits the game Metal Song of the Day and it's respectively votes, it could never be off topic. And haven't you noticed you changed the name, dragged attention back to this thread, this was what was in need here, and you weren't here. For few rounds only me and some other two chaps cared to take part, that was the main problem of this thread.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game | Theme : "Doom/Stoner after 2010 inclusive"

Im not here to change the title everythime and its not even a good idea since it may remain unchanged in absence when we'll probably have another theme.
    What you guys can do at least is to insert the current theme in the title of your posts by `going advance'. As for other problems like to report there are moderators to deal with them. Hmm now pls submit songs and vote for the previous theme if you want.
    Last edited by Kranos; June 08, 2013 at 04:11 PM.

Hmm now pls submit songs and vote for the previous theme if you want.
    No, you don't get to say the rules any longer. Voting is necessary to continue to the other round, so it's not "submit and vote if you want" it's "vote and then submit if you want".

My votes:

Sabaton - Metal Machine 9/9 Fancied it a lot, unfortunately it doesn't fit the theme, but it still counts.
    Manowar - Swords in the Wind 10/10 One of my favourites, fits well the theme and is one of the best by the gods of Metal.
    Judas Priest - Beyond The Realms Of Death 7/7 It's a good one, not much to say, slow start, nice track.
    Uncle Acid and the deadbeats- Death's Door 8/8 Good one, reminds me of the early albums of Black Sabbath.
    Insomnium-Down With the Sun 4/4 I was liking it till the bloody vocal start.
    Heidevolk - Levenslot 7/7 Good one, viking theme and such but could have a lot more potential.
    Last edited by Kaiser Nonsense; June 08, 2013 at 04:21 PM.

The frustration is very big with this one...
    Not only you declared the decease of the thread as if you started it now you usurp me in taking the decisions for the betterment of the thread. The last round is long bygone. You just want to bring it about to stirr me . Stop acting like a infantile and respect the given theme.

The frustration is very big with this one...
    Not only you declared the decease of the thread as if you started it now you usurp me in taking the decisions for the betterment of the thread. The last round is long bygone. You just want to bring it about to stirr me . Stop acting like a infantile and respect the given theme.
    I declared the thread deceased due to the fact most people including you didn't give a flying **** about it any more. And I tell you the same, stop being infantile and respect the previous round.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Let's keep calm people and enjoy the nice sound.

I am not common to stoner or doom but I got to say the two last submitted songs were really nice. I hope this one fit the theme. I struggle a little to know what's the of this skilled band. Anyway enjoy :

Due to RL issues I can not access to the forum during the week but I am going to do my best to submit or vote during the week end. Let's keep the thread alive. It is a entertaining way to discover bands and listen to something different than usual.

@ Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert : I have not forgotten your request about French bands. Power Metal right ? I am going to do my best to offer you something the next week-end.

To be honest I'd rather move onto the round of Doom/Stoner songs now. The last round has pretty much been finished for well over a week and no one (myself included) has made an effort to start the voting at all. I know that the thread was kinda dying down a bit, but I find it to be a good way of finding new bands to listen to so it'd be good if we can keep it going.

With that said this theme isn't really complete without a bit of Cathedral. As it has to be from after 2010, here's something from their latest and seemingly last album:

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    Let's keep calm people and enjoy the nice sound.

I am not common to stoner or doom but I got to say the two last submitted songs were really nice. I hope this one fit the theme. I struggle a little to know what's the of this skilled band. Anyway enjoy :

Due to RL issues I can not access to the forum during the week but I am going to do my best to submit or vote during the week end. Let's keep the thread alive. It is a entertaining way to discover bands and listen to something different than usual.
    heavier than the dark matter. This is like a huge building thats grown it's own legs and decided to go for a stroll through downtown

hmm you cant acces the forum or internet? If its only the first case I ll provide you the list with all the songs subbmited through email and you can send me back the results
    Last edited by Kranos; June 09, 2013 at 09:53 AM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

damn, this sucks...
    i jump the latest poll in respect of the new theme, but i will also jump the actual theme...

we cannot afford the luxury of jumping the rounds. Not if we want this game to run again. I dont uderstand you people. How hard can it be to post a darn song. You have google, Youtube, metal archives ,,,,,

Ill provide in the original post a funny interactive tool for exploring the world of metal. Its called The Map of Metal. Worth checking it !!
    Last edited by Kranos; June 09, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

ok,

black label society - like a bird
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; June 10, 2013 at 04:41 PM.

we cannot afford the luxury of jumping the rounds. Not if we want this game to run again. I dont uderstand you people. How hard can it be to post a darn song. You have google, Youtube, metal archives ,,,,,

Ill provide in the original post a funny interactive tool for exploring the world of metal. Its called The Map of Metal. Worth checking it !!
    Perhaps if you hadn't choose a bloody stupid theme such as "doom" for this round, people would take part. I hate Doom, I probably know more of Justin ****ing Bieber than I do of Doom, now what do you suppose I post genius? I've never forced people to post power/speed metal.

And you will regret forsaking the last round, I will never again post here, and the next time you are "too lazy" to post here, I won't be here keeping the flame burning for you pal. And why? Why do you have to act like that when you know perfectly the last round was great, so many great songs so many people's favourites. Change that for what? This doom of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    ok,

black label society - like a bird
    And I thought you agreed with me, that you would vote before starting this nonsense.

What's wrong with doom/stoner metal as a theme? I would have thought that a genre of metal would be perfectly suited for this game. If you're not a huge fan of it then simply don't enter this round and come back for the next one that you like.

Also, the list of previous winners in the first post could do with being updated to include the rounds that we completed. I've put together the list of the recent rounds below:

• ​Space metal (lyrics or atmosphere) | Primal Fear - Black Sun (Sir Brian de Bois Guilbert)
    • ​Fantasy lyrics | Black Sabbath - Neon Knights (Kaiser Leonidas)
    • ​Songs featuring guest musicians/vocalists | Cathedral - Utopian Blaster (God)

I noticed that the winner of the last round was a song by Cathedral. Does that mean I should change my entry for this round or is it alright as it's a different song?

Thanks for these. I was about to update the list tonight and this in the forum functionality circumstances spare me of some headache. Same artist, different song-well you kinda answered to your question.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Perhaps if you hadn't choose a bloody stupid theme such as "doom" for this round, people would take part. I hate Doom, I probably know more of Justin ****ing Bieber than I do of Doom, now what do you suppose I post genius? I've never forced people to post power/speed metal.

And you will regret forsaking the last round, I will never again post here, and the next time you are "too lazy" to post here, I won't be here keeping the flame burning for you pal. And why? Why do you have to act like that when you know perfectly the last round was great, so many great songs so many people's favourites. Change that for what? This doom of yours?
    Jeez, you're terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    And I thought you agreed with me, that you would vote before starting this nonsense.
    sometime things can´t be change without of conflict just by force. the last round faded away, ok i could have reacted earlier, i missed the moment, so thats it.
    let´s don´t be negativ, it´s just a game and i found some interesting new band through this contests.
    btw, "Sturm und Drang" ask me per PM.
    If i´m asked - i react.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game | Theme : "Doom/Stoner after 2010 inclusive" ( Voting round )

lets vote !

Lord Vicar - Between the blue temple and the north tower 9 (this band's approach is still pure bluesy doom, as instituted by Black Sabbath. Every aspect of the band's sound is directly inspired by the classic Black Sabbath lineup. The production is heavier, and the vocals are like Ozzy's best moments, but with a fuller voice)

Black Sabbath - God is dead 9 (a perfect return to the glory of their early albums;perfect clean-to-heavy guitar transitions, but not losing any of its atmospheric effect in the process; the lyrics are pretty cool, except for the occasional flub such as "Out of the gloom I rise up from my tomb into impending doom")

Ufomammut - Sulphurdew 8 (cosmic, world-swallowing bluster, ultra doom indeed)

Cathedral - Tower of silence 7 (a seven-minute bludgeoning of murky, simple heaviness retching through sadistic singing and beating easy drum patterns into oblivion)

Black Label Society - Like a bird 6 (beautifull ballad, not sure it fits very well the theme)
    Last edited by Kranos; June 12, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game | Theme : "Doom/Stoner after 2010 inclusive" ( Voting round )

here we go

Lord Vicar - Between the blue temple and the north tower 7/16
    Black Sabbath - God is dead 6/15
    Ufomammut - Sulphurdew 9/17
    Cathedral - Tower of silence 8/15
    Black Label Society - Like a bird 8/14

Lord Vicar - Between the Blue Temple and the North Tower 9/25 - Absolutely loved this song, definitely a new band to start listening to!
    Black Sabbath - God is Dead? 9/24 - Definitely a return to the old greatness for Sabbath.
    Ufomammut - Sulphurdew 6/23 - A very doomy song, but I can't say that I was too keen on it to be honest.
    Cathedral - Tower of Silence 7/22 - I'd agree that quite a lot of this song is relatively simple, but Cathedral are really good at making simple patterns into good songs.
    Black Label Society 6/20 - Not really sure how doomy this song is, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Logios's Avatar Senator

Lord Vicar - Between the Blue Temple and the North Tower 6/31
    Black Sabbath - God is Dead? 8/32
    Ufomammut - Sulphurdew 6/29
    Cathedral - Tower of Silence 6/28
    Black Label Society 5/25

Ok, I decided to vote after all. Back in my day, Doom was a computer game and stoners those who played it, but I tried to listen with an open mind. I am aware that my late votes tips the scales in favour of the song I liked most - Black Sabbath, God is dead? and it should by all reason be up to BDD and Sturm to decide between themselves who is the winner of this round.
    Btw, Sturm. Thx for your suggestion. I decided not to submit it as I did not develop a liking to it from a few listenings, but it got me on track on the earlier releases of this particular band (The Sword) which I found interesting.