Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: songs released in 1988; voting round till 20:00 GMT)

If this Iron Maiden trend continues maybe we should have to ban them from the thread , since I doubt Manowar will always have a high vote .
    IM will however .

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: songs released in 1988; voting round till 20:00 GMT)

I would ban Metallica, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Black Sabbath, Sabaton etc.
    I find Metallica overrated anyways.

They can be effectively ban if you people choose some smarter themes and not even necesarily meaning harder ones. The year of release will always bring them out since theyve been quite prolific in releases that span decades.
    Last edited by Kranos; February 07, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

I wanted the same , but it seems Metallica isn't attracting that many votes , which is good , since they are hugely popular and overrated .
    I haven't yet seen BS and Sabaton , but I expect Sabaton will have a LOT of votes here .

A good way to stop band spam , is to ban The wining band from next nominations .

So for example no Manowar in the next Vote .

Agree with Mind

Quote Originally Posted by The Vitiated Mind View Post
    I wanted the same , but it seems Metallica isn't attracting that many votes , which is good , since they are hugely popular and overrated .
    I haven't yet seen BS and Sabaton , but I expect Sabaton will have a LOT of votes here .

A good way to stop band spam , is to ban The wining band from next nominations .

So for example no Manowar in the next Vote .
    but you are asssuming only dinosaurs will win.

Just freaking select better themes.
    1988 forces you to go with dinosaurs

It seems quite reasonable to me that we ban the wining band in the next contest , regardless which band it is .

So Slayer wins in "round 1 " , it cannot be submited in "round 2 " , but it can in "round 3 " .
    1988 forces you to go with dinosaurs
    Iron Maiden have released albums until 2010(?) , so there is no escape from them .
    And by saying Dinosaurs I think we mean the old and POPULAR bands .
    There is many ,many , many bands from 1988 you (we) never heard of .

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

It's not like Iron Maiden are completely bulldozing the competition is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Micromoron View Post
    I would ban Metallica, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Black Sabbath, Sabaton etc.
    I find Metallica overrated anyways.
    I'm posting Sabbath the first chance I get.

Good suggestion.

No, don't ban any bands, just pick smart themes. I won eh? Is that right?

Well its quite sad to ban a band completely. We alll have our favorites and the perspective of wining with one of their songs almost dosent really make you eager to enter in game with them cause you will never see them And Im sure not of all the wining will be dinosaurs. So its quite a distructive way of getin rid o an itching when you can easily pick a theme that would suffice. What I can do most is to ban the already voted tracks but not the bloody bands .
    Last edited by Kranos; February 07, 2013 at 02:58 PM.

But I've won right? Alright lads, REP me and the next theme is...

A non-metal song by a metal band!

Well, I think this round proved that dinosaurs won't be steamrolling everyone. It was a close till the end, although I expected One to take the cake.

+rep for win.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post

NOW the Metallica got unfair advantage I'm not gonna post Nothing Else Matters, but it would be obvious candidate.

Edit 2: My submission:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Sar1n; February 07, 2013 at 03:03 PM.

ERR you mean the other way around. We are dealing solely with metal songs here.. right ! or you may want to change it?

Nah, not this turn, we even have a submission already, it's a clever and well thought theme and it stays.

Well, I'm afraid it might get really steamrolled by dinosaurs. I can think of several Metallica, Black Sabbath/solo Ozzy Osbourne and Iron Maiden songs, not to mention Nightwish (okay, they're not really a dinosaurs...yet), and some bands that are more rock than metal like Guns n'Roses...

Nah, not this turn, we even have a submission already, it's a clever and well thought theme and it stays.
    dudde look at how the thread title will sound : Metal song of the day game ( theme : non-metal songs from metal bands). What to say you jost broke the 2n commandment.
    And this is not that smart as you might think, like Sar1n said . Mostly dinosaurs performed in other genres.
    Last edited by Kranos; February 07, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

Well, I'll suggest to stick with it for this round. I can't actually think of many such songs except for dinosaurs, so I'm hoping for a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Well, I'll suggest to stick with it for this round. I can't actually think of many such songs except for dinosaurs, so I'm hoping for a surprise.
    lol you guys come out will all sorts of rules but you cannot follow the simplest ones.

I'm just saying there might be a surprise among those. I'm not a full metal head , my music preferences lean more toward rock and, well, many other genres, so I don't know that many metal bands by heart and might run into a pleasant surprise.