Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme : songs over 10 minutes; submisions allowed till 04:00 am GMT)

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I said, remove the highest and lowest rating to get rid of any bias. And I agree with you that we shouldnt be able to rate our own song. Everyone have their own tastes.
    By your logic, 2 and 9 would be the highest/lowest rankings to give then, that means that we shall eliminate 2 and 9, then 3 and 8 are it, then eliminate etc.

WAT.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme : songs over 10 minutes; submisions allowed till 04:00 am GMT)

Start voting !! And if one of the participants wants to choose the theme in case of winning I suggest keeping an eye on the thread cause we cant wait too much.

Emerson Lake an Palmer not really metal so they dont qualify
    Last edited by Kranos; February 05, 2013 at 05:05 PM.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (start voting !!!)

Should be pretty obvious cause Meshuggha is one of my favorite bands. Meshuggah can't produce bad songs.

Dream Theater- The count of Tuscany 4/10 | 4 Total
    Wintersun - Sons of winter and stars 8/10 | Total 8
    In Mourning - The Final Solution 7/10 | Total 7
    Arkona - Na Moey Zemle (In My Land) 7/10 | Total 7
    Helloween - The King For A 1000 Years 9/10 | Total 9
    Rhapsody - Gargoyles, Angels Of Darkness 7/10 | Total 7
    Saturnus - Mourning Sun 5/10 | Total 5
    Nightwish - Ghost Love Score 7/10 | Total 7
    Opeth - The drapery falls 8/10 | Total 8
    Meshuggah - In Death is Death 10/10 | Total 10

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

Dream Theater- The count of Tuscany : 9
    Wintersun - Sons of winter and stars : 7
    In Mourning - The Final Solution : 3
    Arkona - Na Moey Zemle (In My Land) 10. Logically. I uploaded it so I love it. Das why we shouldnt vote for ourselves.
    Helloween - The King For A 1000 Years 8
    Rhapsody - Gargoyles, Angels Of Darkness 9
    Saturnus - Mourning Sun 5
    Nightwish - Ghost Love Score 10
    Opeth - The drapery falls 7
    Meshuggah - In Death is Death 7

I said, remove the highest and lowest rating to get rid of any bias
    Bias ? What ? This is a MUSIC thread not a History thread , you have to be biased to rate it .
    Emerson Lake an Palmer not really metal so not included
    Dream Theater- The count of Tuscany 4 - Total : 17 - I like more their early stuff , but my opinion may differ after several listenings of the song .
    Wintersun - Sons of winter and stars 6 - Total : 21
    In Mourning - The Final Solution 8 - Total : 18
    Arkona - Na Moey Zemle (In My Land) 2 - Total : 19 I hate this "epic" , semi patriotic folk .
    Helloween - The King For A 1000 Years 5 - Total : 22
    Rhapsody - Gargoyles, Angels Of Darkness 8 - Total : 22
    Nightwish - Ghost Love Score 2 - Total : 19 - Overblown bull , never liked them , this song doesn't helps .
    Opeth - The Drapery Falls 8 - Total : 25
    Meshuggah - In Death is Death 9 - Total : 16 - in Masterpiece

Arkona - Na Moey Zemle (In My Land) 10. Logically. I uploaded it so I love it. Das why we shouldnt vote for ourselves.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; February 05, 2013 at 01:05 PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Dream Theater- The count of Tuscany 5/10 | 5 Total
    Wintersun - Sons of winter and stars 8/10 | Total 8
    In Mourning - The Final Solution 8/10 | Total 8
    Arkona - Na Moey Zemle (In My Land) 7/10 | Total 7
    Helloween - The King For A 1000 Years 8/10 | Total 8
    Rhapsody - Gargoyles, Angels Of Darkness 8/10 | Total 8
    Saturnus - Mourning Sun 6/10 | Total 6
    Nightwish - Ghost Love Score 4/10 | Total 4
    Opeth - The drapery falls 9/10 | Total 9
    Meshuggah - In Death is Death 10/10 | Total 10

You don't get it. Wow. Total means the total rating it has achieved from ALL voters. If I vote 10 for meshuggah, and you vote 9, total is 19.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

i just copy/paste it, so you are right - sorry, english is not my first language

Shouldn't the OP simply do the total in the end ?

It's easier for him this way, it is really annoying to count all this. We had this the previous round...

I'll try and add up the totals so far then, sorry if they're completely wrong.

Dream Theater- The Count of Tuscany 9/10 | Total 31
    Wintersun - Sons of Winter and Stars 8/10 | Total 37
    In Mourning - The Final Solution 6/10 | Total 32
    Arkona - Na Moey Zemle (In My Land) 7/10 | Total 33
    Helloween - The King For A 1000 Years 7/10 | Total 37
    Rhapsody - Gargoyles, Angels Of Darkness 9/10 | Total 37
    Saturnus - Mourning Sun 5/10 | Total 21
    Nightwish - Ghost Love Score 8/10 | Total 31
    Opeth - The Drapery Falls 10/10 | Total 44
    Meshuggah - In Death is Death 7/10 | Total 33

As for the thing about whether we can vote for our own song or not, we need to decide pretty soon because The Vitiated Mind didn't and his song is quite far behind the others because he was the only one not to do so.

Looks like God will be winning this one unless the next few voters absolutely hate Opeth but that seems pretty unlikely to me, they are just too good to be human .

Yep kind of wrong.

Dream Theater- The count of Tuscany 7/38 ( a very mature song;he acoustic intro and guitar solo is beautiful;a flurry of keyboard and guitar interludes and melodies; The verses are fast, heavy, and mysterious, and the chorus is an epic anthem )

Wintersun - Sons of winter and stars 8/45 (the acoustic intro and guitar solo is beautiful; melodic riffs, delicately carved to fit into the socket of some beautiful symphony; fast drum rolls, double kicks, and swift piano parts; definetely blows you away with speed, face-melting riffs and technical explosion of solos and drum-work)

In Mourning - The Final Solution 7/39 ( allot of influences , most resemblance to Opeth, and Katatonia with even a little bit of what could be some jazz flair;fantastically gloomy atmosphere)

Arkona - Na Moey Zemle (In My Land) 10/43 ( backing vocal section comprised of members from no less than Mĺnegarm, Skyforger, Heidevolk and Menhir???? lol awesome ; a 15 minute voyage that never once fails to captivate, from its percussive breaks to the narrative verse vocals)

Helloween - The King For A 1000 Years 8/45 ( filled with blazing riffs, some epic choirs and ripping solos; pretty much the epicness expected from them)

Rhapsody - Gargoyles, Angels Of Darkness 9/46 (hooky drum and bass line hitting like an anchor of bricks, massive latin choir, magical musical narration of a fairytale; Fabio Leone's normal clean vocals and its leadings are legandary)

Saturnus - Mourning Sun 7/28 ( lot of eerie and atmospheric feelings, the deep growling vocals of Thomas continued to impress me with every verse; some rough riffs, very powerfull drums)

Nightwish - Ghost Love Score 8/39 ( very inspiring and visual, remind me of any epic movie I have watched; one of the greatest Nightwish ballads;Tarja sings like an angel, the lyrics take your breath away, and the orchestra compliments the music like never before)

Opeth - The drapery falls 8/52 (The acoustic guitar gives way to a very nice opening riff, segueing into more acoustic guitar with clean vocals, before being trampled underfoot by a bombastic chorus which made goosebumps appear on my skin and erupting into an evil rush that introduces us to a passage of weird drums and guitars that are truly psychedelic; an impressive display of compositional power )

Meshuggah - In Death is Death 7/40 ( I dont know why are u considering them progressive metal. Sure they may have many odd time signatures but thats it. I think they are more renowned as tehnical metal, or post trash metal etc)

this was a awesome round. Almost all of the tracks will go to my playlist. Long, very well composed songs ussually offer much more than usual.

lol I see every one here has its own style to write down his vote..such stylish guys we have here. Can we pls stick to the "1-10/current total" ?
    Last edited by Kranos; February 05, 2013 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♅Sturm und Drang♅ View Post
    Dream Theater- The count of Tuscany 7 ( a very mature song;he acoustic intro and guitar solo is beautiful;a flurry of keyboard and guitar interludes and melodies; The verses are fast, heavy, and mysterious, and the chorus is an epic anthem )

Wintersun - Sons of winter and stars 8 (The acoustic intro and guitar solo is beautiful 9 (melodic riffs, delicately carved to fit into the socket of some beautiful symphony;fast drum rolls, double kicks, and swift piano parts;definetely blows you away with speed, face-melting riffs and technical explosion of solos and drum-work)

In Mourning - The Final Solution 7 ( allot of influences , most resemblance to Opeth, and Katatonia with even a little bit of what could be some jazz flair;fantastically gloomy atmosphere)

Arkona - Na Moey Zemle (In My Land) 10 ( backing vocal section comprised of members from no less than Mĺnegarm, Skyforger, Heidevolk and Menhir???? lol awesome ; a 15 minute voyage that never once fails to captivate, from its percussive breaks to the narrative verse vocals)

Helloween - The King For A 1000 Years 8 ( filled with blazing riffs, some epic choirs and ripping solos; pretty much the epicness expected from them)

Rhapsody - Gargoyles, Angels Of Darkness 9 (hooky drum and bass line hitting like an anchor of bricks, massive latin choir, magical musical narration of a fairytale; Fabio Leone's normal clean vocals and its leadings are legandary)

Saturnus - Mourning Sun 7 ( lot of eerie and atmospheric feelings, the deep growling vocals of Thomas continued to impress me with every verse; some rough riffs, very powerfull drums)

Nightwish - Ghost Love Score 8 ( very inspiring and visual, remind me of any epic movie I have watched; one of the greatest Nightwish ballads;Tarja sings like an angel, the lyrics take your breath away, and the orchestra compliments the music like never before)

Opeth - The drapery falls 8 (The acoustic guitar gives way to a very nice opening riff, segueing into more acoustic guitar with clean vocals, before being trampled underfoot by a bombastic chorus which made goosebumps appear on my skin and erupting into an evil rush that introduces us to a passage of weird drums and guitars that are truly psychedelic;An Impressive Display of Compositional Power )

Meshuggah - In Death is Death 7 ( I dont know why are u considering them progressive metal. sure they may have many odd time signatures but thats it. I think they are more renowned as tehnical metal, or post trash metal etc)

this was a awesome round. Almost all of the tracks will go to my playlist. Long, very well composed songs may offer much more than usual.
    omg yes good short reviews lovin' dis
    was planning to do too but i suck at it

and i agree
    good songs have been posted this round.
    Last edited by Morrowind3; February 05, 2013 at 12:45 PM.

Meshuggah is Progressive Metal/Technical Death Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by JoakimϟBrodén View Post
    omg yes good short reviews lovin' dis
    was planning to do too but i suck at it
    pls quote me again..not that I like that but I ve done some changes. After alot of typing I tend to become dislexic

herp derp

Quote Originally Posted by Micromoron View Post
    Meshuggah is Progressive Metal/Technical Death Metal.

I hope you get my point .
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; February 05, 2013 at 12:52 PM.

That is because he thought (in the little review) it is Technical metal or Progressive Thrash metal, and I wanted to tell him that he was kinda right.
    But thanks anyways mister

Come on guys.
    We all know It's Indie Jazz.