Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829303132333435363752 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Metal song of the day game

Quote Originally Posted by ♅Sturm und Drang♅ View Post
    Why Invanity wouldnt count ?
    because of unyoutube format. so it´s more difficult for people, but if invanity counts then i vote for them

Holy Knights - The Promise 6/12
    Helraiser - Rocket in the air 7/14
    Mlitzy's Revenge -Outflanked 4/9
    Black Moth - The articulate dead 8/15
    Mournblade - The scythe and the harvest 8/14
    DragonHeart- Calling the dragon 7/15
    Invanity - Gaia 7/7

Holy Knights - The Promise 10/22
    Helraiser - Rocket in the air 7/21
    Mlitzy's Revenge -Outflanked 5/14
    Black Moth - The articulate dead 8/23
    Mournblade - The scythe and the harvest 2/16

DragonHeart is not on the contest, I was merely showing the band which existed before DragonForce, and the reason DragonForce became Force instead of Heart! The other one I simply couldn't download, gave me a bloody error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    Oh by the way Timoleon, I agreed to the fact I have posted only Grave Digger mate, as for I being a poser whom has not yet delved into the underground scene, here is a little something for you I just remembered you probably don't know, boys, this is not on the contest, simply showing him, spoilers on it:
    Very nice, Sir Brian! What other 'underground' bands do you intend to impress me with next? Metal Inquisitor? Total Eclipse? Landguard? Wotan? Maybe I missed some when I was in high-school.

Anyway, let's get to vote:

Holy Knights - The Promise 5/17
    Helraiser - Rocket in the air 5/19
    Mlitzy's Revenge -Outflanked 8/17
    Black Moth - The articulate dead 5/20
    Mournblade - The scythe and the harvest 9/23
    Invanity - Gaia 7/14

By the way I ignored Sir Brian's votes, because he's abusing the rules with respect to his own submission, is being on PMS again regarding mine because I told him off for his ridiculous choices, and disqualifies Tartarus' with his inability to download a simple zip file.
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

i uses 7zip.
    maybe this is the problem of the errormessage. gamefront accept only compressed files.

Logios's Avatar Senator

Ok, the voting has become pretty messed up. How about Black Moth - The articulate dead (Big Dog Davis' submission) is declared honorary winner. It was the one that impressed me the most, but due to the server breakdown I did not manage to listen extensively to each song.

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

Fine by me.

Alright, the next theme is songs which feature folk instruments.
    "God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron

Logios's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Timoleon of Korinthos View Post
    Very nice, Sir Brian! What other 'underground' bands do you intend to impress me with next? Metal Inquisitor? Total Eclipse? Landguard? Wotan? Maybe I missed some when I was in high-school.

Anyway, let's get to vote:

Holy Knights - The Promise 5/17
    Helraiser - Rocket in the air 5/19
    Mlitzy's Revenge -Outflanked 8/17
    Black Moth - The articulate dead 5/20
    Mournblade - The scythe and the harvest 9/23
    Invanity - Gaia 7/14

By the way I ignored Sir Brian's votes, because he's abusing the rules with respect to his own submission, is being on PMS again regarding mine because I told him off for his ridiculous choices, and disqualifies Tartarus' with his inability to download a simple zip file.
    I never intended to impress you mate, I was simply showing you that my knowledge of bands is not limited and short as a noob poser whom listens only to Nuclear Blast stuff. And why do you claim "when I was in high-school"? What is your point? What are you trying to prove, that you are no longer a child? What do you expect, a prize? As far I know everyone in this thread is at least 20, or so I think.

And how "mature" of you ignoring my votes, simply because I ignored yours when you first came here, you voted 0~2 to EVERY band except the one you submitted yourself, which you gave 8, as for my rating, should I really explain myself again? I HATE guttural vocals, simple as that, every band with that kind of vocals won't receive anything beyond 3 from me. And my 10 on Holy Knights, well, it's one of my favourite bands, that's EXACTLY why I'm against voting for your own submission, which I stood against this until Joakim started to find every bloody excuse to give him a vote "Oh it's to round the number, oh it's because it's too low, oh it's because someone forgot to vote".

As for the file, there is nothing to do with inability, the site gave me a blasted error 403 or something of the likes.

so who won the last round?

Last edited by Kranos; March 25, 2013 at 09:49 AM.

Logios's Avatar Senator

so who won the last round?
    No official winner, but I suggested BigDogDavis' submission (Black Moth - The articulate dead) based on your and Tartaros' votes and my own preferences. There has been no objections to this so far.

why not Mounblade?

Sure no official winners, but you can all leave the rep with me anyhow!

Edit: What is the theme now? Any song?!

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

I suggested the theme be any song with Folk instruments.
    "God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron

One of my favorites...

Logios's Avatar Senator

why not Mounblade?
    I have listened to both again, and I stand by my first impressions. Both are great, Mournblade seem a bit more unknown (thereby fitting the theme), but they sound like something I have heard lots of times before. Black Moth on the other hand intrigued me. I find them innovative, and therefore the better of the two.

I never intended to impress you mate,
    Oh, didn't you, now?
    here is a little something for you I just remembered you probably don't know, boys, this is not on the contest, simply showing him,
    The childlike enthusiasm over a quasi-trivial finding cracks me up every single time.

And why do you claim "when I was in high-school"? What is your point?
    That I was listening to this kind of 'underground' when I was in high-school, back when my range of musical knowledge used to be shaped by the reviews and promo cds of magazines because I didn't know any better. Let me put it this way: a band whose black metal equivalent would be Xasthur is not underground.

And how "mature" of you ignoring my votes, simply because I ignored yours when you first came here, you voted 0~2 to EVERY band
    A moronic statement.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Timoleon of Korinthos
    Nightwish - Slow Love Slow : 0/28
    Agalloch - Sowilo Rune : 7/52
    Rhapsody - The Magic of the Wizard's Dream : 3/55
    System of a Down - Arto : 0/17
    Skyforger - Long I Heard, Now I See : 7/33
    Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes : 0/41
    Metallica - Whiskey in a Jar : 0/31
    Satanic Warmaster - Utug-Hul [Nachzehrer] : 8/37
    Fear Factory - Cloning Technology : 2/31
    Blind Guardian - The Bard's Song : 5/43

except the one you submitted yourself, which you gave 8,
    And an even more idiotic claim.

I also ignored every vote from Timoleon of Korinthos, he is clearly mocking, flaming and ruining our little contest, plus, he did not even take part in the first phase, submitting a video/song.
    But by all means, Sir Brian, tell me more about how I gave my imaginary submission an 8 and voted every other band with 0-2, except for those I didn't.

I suspect your confusion about the difference between my votes expressing my opinion on the value of the submissions precisely and objectively, as I had nor a vested interest in the contest whatsoever neither a grudge against another member, and yours intending to shift the contest in your favour on one hand and get back at me for telling you off for your stupid choices on the other, stems from the fact that because you have no dignity you assume I have none either.

as for my rating, should I really explain myself again? I HATE guttural vocals, simple as that, every band with that kind of vocals won't receive anything beyond 3 from me.
    Spare me, you also gave Helloween 4 points less than any other submission last time for the sole reason I was the one who posted their song. Go on and amuse me now by trying to pretend you like thrash more than power.

And my 10 on Holy Knights, well, it's one of my favourite bands, that's EXACTLY why I'm against voting for your own submission, which I stood against this until Joakim started to find every bloody excuse to give him a vote "Oh it's to round the number, oh it's because it's too low, oh it's because someone forgot to vote".
    In other words you are competing in rep-whoring with a 14-year-old. And that is precisely why your behaviour is pathetic and worthy of disrespect. How old are you again?

As for the file, there is nothing to do with inability, the site gave me a blasted error 403 or something of the likes.
    It's because the site is prejudiced against you.

Sturm, it's perfectly fine for BDD to win this round. I don't want Mournblade to win, because I don't want anybody to think I ignored Sir Brian's votes in order to win. I ignored them because he systematically abuses the rules and because he ****ed Tartarus' submission up. I gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time, but I won't be doing that from now on.

Now, to the topic at hand. I thought about Satarial initially, but Skyclad are the best folk metal band ever, and it makes me very sad that nobody has honoured them this far, so I intend to correct this injustice.

"Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

Logios's Avatar Senator

Even with the state the site is in, we should have managed to hear the songs by now. Otherwise, just take your time with the voting round.
    Blood Ceremony - Children of the future 8/8 Nice retrospective style.
    Vanir - Thyrfing 8/8 I originally went looking for another song of theirs with what sounded like accordion, but it turned out to be be keytar. The bagpipe in this one is real enough, and pretty well-played, but the song as a whole could probably have been better mixed and produced.
    Falkenbach - Vanadis 9/9 I may be biased by the title and lyrics, but still awesome integration of the flute into the whole.
    Angra - Evil Warning 2/2 Great song, but the bit of banjo in the intro can hardly be heard, and has almost no importance to the song as a whole.
    Skyclad - History Lessens 7/7 the violin got slightly annoying for me after l had listened a few times to it. Interesting lyrics though.
    Eluveitie - A Rose For Epona 7/7 I like some other of their songs more (I would have given 10 to Inis Mona for this theme).
    Last edited by Logios; April 13, 2013 at 03:59 AM.

Sorry it's taken so long, I may have slightly forgotten about this .

Blood Ceremony - Children of the future 8/16
    Vanir - Thyrfing 6/14
    Falkenbach - Vanadis 8/17
    Angra - Evil Warning 5/7
    Skyclad - History Lessens 7/14
    Eluveitie - A Rose For Epona 9/16
    Last edited by Kaiser Leonidas; April 13, 2013 at 02:34 PM.

Oh, didn't you, now?

The childlike enthusiasm over a quasi-trivial finding cracks me up every single time.
    Don't put words in my mouth, I said I was showing you the band, introducing you to it, presenting you with a different band, not "showing" as in bragging, showing off, impressing.

That I was listening to this kind of 'underground' when I was in high-school, back when my range of musical knowledge used to be shaped by the reviews and promo cds of magazines because I didn't know any better. Let me put it this way: a band whose black metal equivalent would be Xasthur is not underground.

A moronic statement.

And an even more idiotic claim.

But by all means, Sir Brian, tell me more about how I gave my imaginary submission an 8 and voted every other band with 0-2, except for those I didn't.

I suspect your confusion about the difference between my votes expressing my opinion on the value of the submissions precisely and objectively, as I had nor a vested interest in the contest whatsoever neither a grudge against another member, and yours intending to shift the contest in your favour on one hand and get back at me for telling you off for your stupid choices on the other, stems from the fact that because you have no dignity you assume I have none either.
    You got my bloody point, it is meaningless if there was 2 or 3, 8 or 7. You gave ridiculous ratings and I was not the only one to complain, whereas when you discredited my votes no one but yourself did so complain of. Do not do that again, unless more people back you up and state the votes were unfairly given.

Spare me, you also gave Helloween 4 points less than any other submission last time for the sole reason I was the one who posted their song. Go on and amuse me now by trying to pretend you like thrash more than power.
    No, I do fancy power metal over any other genre, now, I'm not much into the classical power, such as Blind Guardian or Helloween, but I do enjoy 'em a bit yes, however the song you submitted was lame, honestly I don't think it deserved any more than 4. You want to get a ten from me? Then post something with keyboards, giant solos, chanting and flutes, especially if they are speaking about dragons.

In other words you are competing in rep-whoring with a 14-year-old. And that is precisely why your behaviour is pathetic and worthy of disrespect. How old are you again?
    I'm old enough for not care to answer you that, for it makes no difference. Or what are you trying to imply? That I'm a child? Well then, you got it right mate, I'm 7 years old.

It's because the site is prejudiced against you.
    Yea right.

Now will you stop buggering me and piss off?!