Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: non-metal songs from metal bands; voting ended)

All rep him!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: non-metal songs from metal bands; voting ended)

Well, this shows what I was talking about with no voting for yourself making problems. Agalloch recieved average mark of 7.75, while Rhapsody scored on average 8.86, yet both got 62 points, because God didn't vote so the no vote wasn't used.

We need a theme so Ill provide one : songs with obvious religious concepts.

ok this is just for illustration purposes. I might change it later even if pretty rocks for a live performance

Last edited by Kranos; February 10, 2013 at 11:13 AM.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: songs with obvious religious concepts; let the submissions begin !)

Hm. Can it be anti-religious too? I'd toss here something from Avantasia's Metal Opera, the whole storyline of it is anti-religious.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: songs with obvious religious concepts; let the submissions begin !)

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Hm. Can it be anti-religious too? I'd toss here something from Avantasia's Metal Opera, the whole storyline of it is anti-religious.
    I cant tell if dont toss it

Here...it would make more sense knowing whole album, but should do.

just plain awesome !!! who were the guest vocalists ?
    Last edited by Kranos; February 09, 2013 at 04:13 PM.

There's around a dozen singers participating in Metal Opera, each playing a role. Tobias Sammet, Andre Matos, Kai Hansen and Oliver Hartmann make appearance in this track. I recommend sparing couple hours listening to whole album if you liked this...

Lol Jurassic Park

Harvester of Sorrow's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    There's around a dozen singers participating in Metal Opera, each playing a role. Tobias Sammet, Andre Matos, Kai Hansen and Oliver Hartmann make appearance in this track. I recommend sparing couple hours listening to whole album if you liked this...
    André Matos? First vocal of Angra?

Yep.

Updated with new choice of song .

Last edited by Kaiser Leonidas; February 09, 2013 at 05:38 PM.

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Edit: changed song
    Last edited by Grymloq; February 09, 2013 at 05:02 PM.

@ Kaiser Leonidas
    well theme matching would be a bit overdone ...more like a battle song to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ♅Sturm und Drang♅ View Post
    @ Kaiser Leonidas
    well theme matching would be a bit overdone ...more like a battle song to me.
    I was thinking the song is about Thor, who is/was considered a god so it is a religious song. If you look up the lyrics they're definitely about the Norse religion:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There is Fenris grim
    His jaws are open wide
    The serpent rises from the waves
    Jormungandr twists and turns, mighty in his wrath
    The eyes are full of primal hate

Thor, Odin's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate, your destiny awaits
    Thor, Hlódyn's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate, Ragnarök awaits

Vingthor rise to face the snake with hammer high
    at the edge of the world
    as lightning fills the air
    as Mjöllnir does it's work
    the twinfold serpent roars in pain

Thor, Odin's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate, your destiny awaits
    Thor, Hlódyn's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate, Ragnarök awaits

Mighty Thor, grabs the snake
    firmly by its tongue
    lifts his hammer high to strike
    soon his work is done

Vingthor slays the guardian snake
    leading to the death
    twilight of the thundergod
    Ragnarök awaits
    twilight of the thunder god

I honestly don't think this is a good theme, will most likely generate discussions and hate.

Anyhow, here is my submission:

Knights of the Cross from Grave Digger, I simply love this album due to the fact it's the only musical album that tells the history of the Knights Templar, since the beginning to the Inquisition and the escape of some knights to Scotland. I just dislike the fact that they speak badly of the Crusaders, the Templars, for example, this song says the Crusades would "Rape in the name of God" which is highly untruth, the main motivation for soldiers to take up arms in a Crusade was exactly seek redemption from sins they had done in other wars and conflicts. The Crusades were one of the few wars that was strictly forbidden looting, raping and burning, the only thing you could say was bad on it was the slaughter of muslim citizens, which was not a sin in their eyes, it was God's work. A major proof of that is the Fourth Crusade, which was excommunicated by the Pope because they never even reached the Holy Lands, and started to sack eastern orthodox cities. Well, I have said too much, do you see now why we can't pick religion, history and politics as themes?

I was thinking the song is about Thor, who is/was considered a god so it is a religious song. If you look up the lyrics they're definitely about the Norse religion:
    yeah I checked the lyrics before and that is more like a norse legend about Thor kiling the Jormungand, the serpent. All the folk and viking metal etc. bands have these kind of songs. Find something dealing more with religious concepts than mytical bravery.

I've changed my song choice now to Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor. This one is definitely to do with religion and its relationship with science. Or at least that's how I read the lyrics anyway .

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

The Theme is Religion?
    Ooh, I can basically use any random Astral Doors song for this.
    How convenient.
    I'd post Saint Peter's cross, but it's not on Youtube.

Listen to it. Get moist by Nils' glorious vocals.