Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: songs released in 1988; submissions till 20:00 GMT)

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Nobody complained when Opeth won the last round, but people complain because Manowar, a less popular band, was chosen. I don't get it.

Apart from that the only 'dinosaur' we've had is Iron Maiden, and is it really looking guaranteed to win? I don't think so.
    Opeth is not by any mean "dinosaur" neither by its popularity nor the long time its in the business. And Manowar is less popular that Opeth ? you really want to say that?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: songs released in 1988; submissions till 20:00 GMT)

it´s the honor to be roundhousekicked and smell this chest hair
    similar to Danzig

Default Re: Metal song of the day game

Quote Originally Posted by JoakimϟBrodén View Post
    Depends though.
    Power Metal has these.. like.. Sub-Subgenres.
    American Power Metal and European Power metal.

And European can be divided into Teutonic power, Italian Power, Swedish power and Finnish power.

While Dragonfarts might be Fast, Others, Mainly Teutononic and Swedish, tend to be heavier than fast.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I'm a great power metal follower and I have never in my whole life heard of those genres, what would even be Teutonic Power, metal sang by the Order of the Teutonic Knights?

Teutonic Power Metal means that you invade Poland and Lithuania while marching to Hammerfall.

Sturm , I liked your previous a lot choice more , but testament's fine also .

Just saying .

ok time to vote !!

Quote Originally Posted by Micromoron View Post
    Teutonic Power Metal means that you invade Poland and Lithuania while marching to Hammerfall.
    Haha, what if you march to Grave Digger?

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: songs released in 1988; voting round)

regarding voting: now that you cannot vote for yourselves be carefull and add the above voter own song in your list ( since that would miss from his voting list)
    Last edited by Kranos; February 06, 2013 at 02:10 PM.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: songs released in 1988; voting round)

Quote Originally Posted by ♅Sturm und Drang♅ View Post
    regarding voting: now that you cannot vote for yourselves be carefull and add the above voter own song in your list ( since that would miss from his voting list)
    In your own song, add it to the list but write CAN'T VOTE or 0 or just leave the field blank after the name.

I suggest we make things better, what if the winner also gains rep from all who took part? Since we can't vote for ourselves it would be a great add to the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    Haha, what if you march to Grave Digger?
    Broken legs everywhere.

THROW THE REP AT ME for I am the lord of jokes.

Here is my rating:

• Queensryche - Suite Sister Mary 6
    • Metallica - One 9
    • Saint Vitus - Looking Glass 6
    • Carcass - Genital Grinder 3
    • Pungent Stench - Mucous Secretion 1
    • Blind Guardian - Guardian Of The Blind 7
    • Testament-Eerie Inhabitants 7
    • Iron Maiden - The Evil that Men Do 8
    • Manowar - Hail and Kill CANNOT VOTE
    • In My Darkest Hour - Megadeth 7

Sorry Death Metal, I really hate your vocals.
    Last edited by Kaiser Nonsense; February 06, 2013 at 03:27 PM.

Here are my ratings then, as usual my rating is one the left, overall is on the right .

Queensryche - Suite Sister Mary 7/13
    Metallica - One CANNOT VOTE/9
    Saint Vitus - Looking Glass 6/12
    Carcass - Genital Grinder 4/7
    Pungent Stench - Mucous Secretion 1/2
    Blind Guardian - Guardian Of The Blind 8/15
    Testament-Eerie Inhabitants 8/15
    Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness 9/17
    Manowar - Hail and Kill 7/7
    In My Darkest Hour - Megadeth 8/15
    Last edited by Kaiser Leonidas; February 06, 2013 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    Cannibal Corpse 2/4 - Was this actually a submission by the way? It looks like he was just responding to someone saying there's no metal in movies.
    Oh, you are right, besides, if that was a submission, that other mucus something would not be included. Edit and remove.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Queensryche - Suite Sister Mary 6/19
    Metallica - One 7/16
    Saint Vitus - Looking Glass 8/20
    Carcass - Genital Grinder 8/15
    Pungent Stench - Mucous Secretion 0/2
    Blind Guardian - Guardian Of The Blind 7/22
    Testament-Eerie Inhabitants 8/23
    Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness 8/25
    Manowar - Hail and Kill 9/16
    In My Darkest Hour - Megadeth 6/21

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

Queensryche - Suite Sister Mary NO VOTE/19
    Metallica - One 8/24
    Saint Vitus - Looking Glass 7/27
    Carcass – Genital Grinder 6/21
    Pungent Stench - Mucous Secretion 4/6
    Blind Guardian - Guardian Of The Blind 7/29
    Testament-Eerie Inhabitants 8/31
    Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness 7/32
    Manowar - Hail and Kill 7/23
    In My Darkest Hour - Megadeth 8/29

And Manowar is less popular that Opeth ? you really want to say that?
    I'm going entirely by last.fm stats on that

Can I vote tomorrow?
    I'm on my mobile phone...
    (In germany it's 22:43)

Can I vote tomorrow?

Can I vote tomorrow?
    I though the rules were clear 24 h for submisions and 24 hours for voting so you definetely can till 20:00 GMT tomorrow

Queensryche - Suite sister Marry 9/28 "Kill Marry and get the priest as well"? thats an sinister intro though I dont really enjoy psychological thrillers lbut I do enjoy narrative long songs. Very well composed, good intro and interludes; duet between Geoff Tate and Pamela Moore is unbelievebly well done, and the ominous operatic choir and orchestra really help flesh the song out;

Metallica - One 8/32 It keeps shifting between the soft and melodic and the crunchy and heavy ( it's a semi-ballad, Hetfield almost sings, actually), creating a very dynamic song that only keeps building up until it finally explodes into complete chaos, incorporating what is probably Kirk Hammett's best guitar solo ever and the band's famous machinegun riff; and the exquisite Lars duble bass drumming,yup

Saint Vitus - Looking glass 6/33 Queensryche song seemed shorter than this one I dont know why ; some down tempo swampy goodness here and some dreary bastardized blues drones that filter in and out between vocalist’s deep recitations. Damn you can really lower you IQ if you listen too much doom at once

Carcass - Genital grinder 7/28 Now these kind of bands really apreciate the shortness of a song, it gives you a facile way to fill up your albums ; a savage and unforgiving slab of brutal Grindcore; from the tortured vocals switching between raspy,guttural and distorted growls to the intense blast beat drumming to the cruel guitar savagery that assails the listeners eardrums = stinking grind ( in a good way)

Pungent stench - Pungent stench 7/13 Keeping it to grind, where the hell they learn all this medical and anatomical terminology from ? well its how they labelled it : pungent stench and full of mucous secretion; the warped production is also an achievement in this way;

Blind Guardian - Guardian of the blind 8/27 The begining of Blind Guardian,an invincible speed metal attack, later albums being all essential power metal classics; vocally, it's rawer and less melodic than their later offerings, but Hansi Kürsch's epic voice is instantly recognizable; yet the guitars are without a doubt the highlight ,Marcus und André dealing out deadly riffs that’ll slice you to bits before you can fathom a thought; incredibly debut isn it?

Testament - Eerie inhabitants NO VOTE/31 As for Testament my will ( lol the pun) is for you to write down a good comment ; as for points I cant compete with dinosaurs

Iron Maiden - Can I play with madness 7/39 it sounds very entertaining and very optimistic, like the later song Wildest Dreams, but the lyrics are about someone who goes to a prophet to learn the future, and finds that his "souls gonna burn in a lake of fire" which doesn't really fit with the optimism the music conveys

Manowar - Hail and kill 6/29 the usual take no prisoners approach Manowar has to metal and the usual instantly memorable melody; well you can argue the lyrics hide some metaphoras but they are pretty silly and repetitive thus what makes them coined in your memory

Megadeth - In my darkest hour 8/37 Megadeth’s answer to Metallica’s ‘Welcome Home (Sanitarium) itis Mustaine's own bye-bye to old buddy Burton from Metallica
    Last edited by Kranos; February 06, 2013 at 05:46 PM.

♅Sturm und Drang♅, mate add your song as well, simply say you won't vote on it, and add the total results as well, you seen to have forgot.

ALL: What do you think about my idea of rep reward as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    ♅Sturm und Drang♅, mate add your song as well, simply say you won't vote on it, and add the total results as well, you seen to have forgot.

ALL: What do you think about my idea of rep reward as well?
    Its there, Testament thingy. Regarding rep reward, Im a rep whore too but I cannot see hot to enforce that as a rule? How to push someone to give you rep?
    Last edited by Kranos; February 06, 2013 at 05:10 PM.