Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Default Re: Metal song of the day game | Theme: Songs about ice and snow

vote !

Default Re: Metal song of the day game | Theme: Songs about ice and snow

vote

Default Re: Metal song of the day game | Theme: Songs about ice and snow ( Voting round ! )

Well, here are my votes to kick things off. I'm not overly keen on black metal so sorry for some of the low scores.

Immortal - Antarctica 6/6
    Wintersun - Land of Snow and Sorrow 9/9
    Mastodon - Siberian Divide 7/7
    Istap - Evig Köld Koncentrerad 4/4
    Bathory - Blood on Ice 7/7
    Appalachian Winter - Winterdance 4/4
    Bathory - Nordland 7/7
    Bal-Sagoth - Starfire Burning Upon the Ice-Veiled Throne of Ultima Thule 7/7
    Septic Flesh - Ice Castle 5/5

Default Re: Metal song of the day game | Theme: Songs about ice and snow ( Voting round ! )

delete
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; August 02, 2013 at 03:09 PM.

Immortal - Antarctica 6/12
    Wintersun - Land of Snow and Sorrow 9/18
    Mastodon - Siberian Divide 6/13
    Istap - Evig Köld Koncentrerad 5/9
    Bathory - Blood on Ice 4/11
    Appalachian Winter - Winterdance 2/6
    Bal-Sagoth - Starfire Burning Upon the Ice-Veiled Throne of Ultima Thule 0/7
    Bathory - Nordland 5/12
    Septic Flesh - Ice Castle 5/10

Missed a nice theme, shite!

Logios's Avatar Senator

Immortal - Antarctica 7/19 Nice composition, but the guitar became a bit to "grinding" after I heard it a few times
    Wintersun - Land of Snow and Sorrow 8/26 Very good, but why not submit the final version?
    Mastodon - Siberian Divide 7/20 Ok, easy on the snare drum. Apart from that good.
    Istapp - Evig Köld Koncentrerad 9/18 I found this while searching for another song (Sportlov - Snöbollskrieg), and I was immediately impressed with both this song and the entire "Blekinge" album
    Bathory - Blood on Ice 3/14 Is this what it sounds like on CD/legit download? Sounds to me like something is not right with the YT version like it is a bit too slow.
    Appalachian Winter - Winterdance 8/14 A nice surprise
    Bal-Sagoth - Starfire Burning Upon the Ice-Veiled Throne of Ultima Thule 3/10 Not much for the narrative voice, I prefer singing (or screaming or growling)
    Bathory - Nordland 9/21 I like this one
    Septic Flesh - Ice Castle 7/17 Highly skilled musicians, I was just a bit bored with the final result

Immortal - Antarctica 9/21 - one of Immortal's best songs from their best album.
    Wintersun - Land of Snow and Sorrow 2/28 - I find these guys to be an overrated band in an already overrated genre
    Mastodon - Siberian Divide 5/25
    Istapp - Evig Köld Koncentrerad 8/26 - really solid intro!
    Bathory - Blood on Ice 9/23 - Best album from Bathory's viking era
    Appalachian Winter - Winterdance 9/23 Very original, really good way to approach Symphonic black metal
    Bal-Sagoth - Starfire Burning Upon the Ice-Veiled Throne of Ultima Thule 8/18 - again, another example of originality in the genre
    Bathory - Nordland 9/30 - More Bathory the merrier.
    Septic Flesh - Ice Castle 6/23 Soild... but no cigar.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game | Theme: Metal To Play Total War(and mods!) Or Mount & Blade(and mods!)

THEME POST

Metal To Play Total War(and mods!) Or Mount & Blade(and mods!) whatever Mr Kriegtooth tought about

Default Re: Metal song of the day game | Theme: Metal To Play Total War(and mods!) Or Mount & Blade(and mods!)

I'm not entirely sure I get this theme, but I guess it's something to do with battle songs or something?

Domesticus

It can be anything really, just music you like to play Total War or M&B too I do find battle related music to be the best though This is my entry...Engla Tocyme by Forefather. I find that its perfect to fight a battle in Invasio Barbarourum 2: Convestes Britanniae 2 too Hits the hard part riiight as the troops meet..and rout from the unstoppable force of the Jutes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt4_zESUDJEAlso, I enjoy the new Christopher Lee album, Charlemagne: Omens of Death, and Sabaton's Carolus Rex, with the 1648 mod

Logios's Avatar Senator

The enemy king is slain! A worthy enemy but no less dead for that! We must strike now while the iron is hot.

(Live version chosen over studio for this one)

Advance theme: Songs with the word "Evil" in the title.
    Last edited by Logios; August 06, 2013 at 06:13 PM.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

I'll have to think hard about this one, since literally every song qualifies.

I'll probably be posting black metal or symphonic metal.

"Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Logios View Post
    The enemy king is slain! A worthy enemy but no less dead for that! We must strike now while the iron is hot.
    (Live version chosen over studio for this one)
    I would give you rep, but im all out

Anyway, my choice:

Great for playing as the Danes or Norway in SS, and I can't even remember how many times I have charged the enemies in M&B while this is playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

missed a few days, but a nice theme

misery index - ghosts of catalonia

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

I'm here to post the clan again...

Theme: songs that were subject of lawsuits against bands (like Better By You from Priest and Suicide Solution from Ozzy, etc.)
    Last edited by Geleco; August 04, 2013 at 04:09 PM.

This is my favorite band to play both TW and M&B games to:

If I win, the theme is metal songs that are covers of old folk songs.

This probably turned into posting your favorite song or something like that. Im playing TW mostly online and Im not really listening music since I cant loose my focus but on a boring play with yourself campaign Ill play this

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

"God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron