Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: Cover songs better than the original; VOTING !)

Ok, I am going to go first and I am going to vote based on the (perceived) value of the cover alone, as in many cases I liked the original song more than the cover, which under the proposed rules would oblige me to grade the submission with zero or a negative number and then everybody would jump at me for trolling.
    the theme is cover songs better than the original not just cover songs. And the fact that you would be given 10 for your cover submision this not means its 10 times better than original. And In any case I doubt you guys have such refined sense of critical reception in order to asses a cover song in 10 degreees scale. I acnnot stop you to vote for the musical value but the idea of the theme is different.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: Cover songs better than the original; VOTING !)

Quote Originally Posted by ♅Sturm und Drang♅ View Post
    the theme is cover songs better than the original not just cover songs. And the fact that you would be given 10 for your cover submision this not means its 10 times better than original. And In any case I doubt you guys have such refined sense of critical reception in order to asses a cover song in 10 degreees scale. I acnnot stop you to vote for the musical value but the idea of the theme is different.
    The inherent problem with this specific theme is that the notion "better than the original" is highly subjective. Cover songs deemed by other people in here to be better than the original I actually found worse, so how should I have rated them in a scale that takes for granted that the cover song is better (indeed not necessarily proportionally but still better)? One solution could have been to use 5 as the base and then 5< grades for improvement or 5> for diminishing, but that should have been specified from the outset in order to be employed by all and it wasn't, despite the problem having been pointed out many times. People who expressed themselves on the matter felt that voting for the value of the cover song was a better alternative and I felt that sticking to a widely accepted criterion would be less disruptive for the spirit of the contest than everyone coming up with a different idea of how to vote.
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

ok I just lost my apetite for voting and I fear I would have won if doing so. So the winner or anyone else come with a theme !!! fast !!!

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

Trivium "Master of Puppets" 8/26
    Northern Kings "Take on Me" 3/20
    Order of the Ebon Hand "Spellbound" 3/30 >Lo-Fi
    Six Feet Under "Snap your Finger-Snap your Neck" 2/26
    Van Canto "Primo Victoria" 10/23
    Yngwie Malmsteen "Gates of Babylon" 7/33
    Civil War "Say it Right" 7/35 Just chose a random number to make it a nice rounded total because it's my own song and not sure what the hell we are doing now with the own vote again etc.
    Cradle of Filth "Temptation" 6/25
    Vader "Raining Blood" 4/30

ok I just lost my apetite for voting and I fear I would have won if doing so. So the winner or anyone else come with a theme !!! fast !!!
    Welp, I seem to have won anyways.

Female vocalist.

Either female-fronted like After Forever or with a Female backup like in Battelore.
    Last edited by Morrowind3; February 15, 2013 at 06:20 PM.

Logios's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: Cover songs better than the original; vote ended ! bring a smartass theme !)

Edit:
    We are through with covers !!!! so no !! and only metal songs are allowed here
    I'll find something else then

Just for reference:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Ok. Any female vocalists or just chick-metal fan-band covers?
    Last edited by Logios; February 16, 2013 at 02:37 AM.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: Female vocalist; submission round)

We are through with covers !!!! so no !! and only metal songs are allowed here

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: Female vocalist; submission round)

Who cares if it's a cover or not?

lmt96's Avatar Tiro

Estatic Fear - Chapter III
    Eagerly Awaiting Europa Barbarorum II !!!!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

as don´t like many female fronted bands, i´ve remembered me on
    the gathering - leaves

you, Tartarus, I wanted to submit Eleanor!

I guess I will have to go with plan B:

Not very feminine, but still female hahaha Plus Tristessa is exceedingly hot.
    Last edited by Timoleon of Korinthos; February 16, 2013 at 05:56 AM.
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

Here's my submission, it is quite tempting to put in some Arch Enemy though .

Quote Originally Posted by Timoleon of Korinthos View Post
    you, Tartarus, I wanted to submit Eleanor!
    lol !
    that was my first idea
    but she´s looking much more intense in leaves
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; February 16, 2013 at 07:40 AM.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

I am going easy for this with what I think is a well know metalcore band by now :

This song it quite refreshing with all its joy but if you prefer I can change it to something more "exotic". Won't tell more for now.

So, The Gathering and Epica are already in, so from my playlist that leaves Nightwish and Within Temptation....hmm....

Okay, I'll stick with the classic. This would probably be better in previous round, but I'll put it here anyway.

And if you decide to not include it, after all it's a cover...

ok lets start voting . I dont know why you guys dint start to vote at 20:00 GMT.

Why would a cover not count? It's still a metal song with a female vocalist.

Anyway, here are my votes for this round, are we voting for ourselves again by the way? If not then just count Epica as being on zero.

Doro & Warlock - True as Steel 8/8
    Estatic Fear - Chapter III 7/7
    The Gathering - Leaves 7/7
    Astarte - Black Mighty Gods 4/4
    Epica - Monopoly on Truth 9/9
    The Agonist - Birds Elope with the Sun 5/5
    Nightwish - Phantom of the Opera 9/9
    Lunatica - Elements 8/8
    Last edited by Kaiser Leonidas; February 16, 2013 at 05:06 PM.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: Female vocalist; vote!)

Logios' first submission was shot down because it was a cover.

I'm not sure if I'll be voting this round, few days ago my headphones broke down, now waiting for repair.

so all for the ladies, cheers

Doro & Warlock - True as Steel 7/15
    Estatic Fear - Chapter III 5/12
    The Gathering - Leaves 7/14
    Astarte - Black Mighty Gods 8/12
    Epica - Monopoly on Truth 6/15
    The Agonist - Birds Elope with the Sun 7/12
    Nightwish - Phantom of the Opera 5/14
    Lunatica - Elements 6/14

Ignore, I can't do maths .
    Last edited by Kaiser Leonidas; February 16, 2013 at 06:06 PM.