Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphydian's Metal Court | Theme: Metal songs containing the word "Death"

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: Cover songs better than the original; submission round)

Original:

Cover:

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: Cover songs better than the original; submission round)

ok now take it easy with pop originals.. I see you guys are choosing the eassiest way everytime I wonder how to compare pears with apples if you got my point

Harvester of Sorrow's Avatar Vicarius

So you wan't me to change the song?

only if you feel like

Original:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Cover:

And regarding the voting system I think people should be allowed to vote for the song they submit.

By the way what happens if you like the original verse more than the cover? Can you grade the submission with a zero?
    Last edited by Timoleon of Korinthos; February 13, 2013 at 05:19 PM.
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

original
    Prong - snap your fingers - snap your neck

Cover
    Six feet under - snap your finger - snap your neck

btw, hard choice which is better...
    both have there stand.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Cover Song:

Quote Originally Posted by ♅Sturm und Drang♅ View Post
    ok this time Megadeth is the winner. I see noone bothers coming with a theme so I curse you with this one : Cover songs better than the original.

This is a special theme and we need to bend the rules a bit. You will post both original and the cover and the amount of points received for the cover song will represent how much that song is better than the original. So we dont vote the musical value of the song but the funny irony of replica surpassing the original. In other words even the song sucks terrible , if its a real improvement (no matter if still sucks or not) that should get a high score.

and I would like to hear other opinions regarding to voting system considering the flaw of the situation when somebody doesnt vote .
    That is a terrible idea. One should just vote for the quality of the cover and nothing else. The current model is way too abstract.
    Last edited by Påsan; February 14, 2013 at 05:06 AM.

Logios's Avatar Senator

I am a huge fan of the "Holy Dio" album that features various artists giving tribute to Ronnie James Dio, may he be rocking the afterworld. Only one of the covers on this were (in my opinion) better than the original:
    Original:

Cover:

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

Oh, If we're having easy themes like this I don't even need my music library. I know one out of my head. I'll be able to join anyways.

Original crappy pop:

Cover:

Icon1 Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: Cover songs better than the original; submission round)

The Horrible Original

The Less Horrible Cover

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    That is a terrible idea. One should just vote for the quality of the cover and nothing else. The current model is way too abstract.
    Indeed, not to mention that under these rules if you like the original song more you should give the cover a grade in the negative scale for having made the song worse. This is kind of a problem, especially with covers of metal songs.
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Timoleon of Korinthos View Post
    Indeed, not to mention that under these rules if you like the original song more you should give the cover a grade in the negative scale for having made the song worse. This is kind of a problem, especially with covers of metal songs.
    I thought that you vote only for the cover ?
    Any other way is to messy .

THI original

cover
    Last edited by Kranos; February 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM.

Voting for yourself is back. I foyu dont have a better idea than giving you a average ( 5) which will still prejudice the others in case one of the submitters doesnt vote then my original rules are back into force.

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: Cover songs better than the original; VOTING !)

so how should we vote?

Default Re: Metal song of the day game (theme: Cover songs better than the original; VOTING !)

Ok, I am going to go first and I am going to vote based on the (perceived) value of the cover alone, as in many cases I liked the original song more than the cover, which under the proposed rules would oblige me to grade the submission with zero or a negative number and then everybody would jump at me for trolling.

Trivium "Master of Puppets" 7/7
    Northern Kings "Take Me" 6/6
    Order of the Ebon Hand "Spellbound" 8/8
    Six Feet Under "Snap your Finger-Snap your Neck" 7/7
    Van Canto "Primo Victoria" 6/6
    Yngwie Malmsteen "Gates of Babylon" 6/6
    Civil War "Say it Right" 7/7
    Cradle of Filth "Temptation" 9/9
    Vader "Raining Blood" 8/8
    Euripides

Augustine

I will also only vote for covers
    Trivium "Master of Puppets" 1/8
    Northern Kings "Take Me" 5/11
    Order of the Ebon Hand "Spellbound" 7/15
    Six Feet Under "Snap your Finger-Snap your Neck" 5/12
    Van Canto "Primo Victoria" 1/7
    Yngwie Malmsteen "Gates of Babylon" 8/14
    Cradle of Filth "Temptation" TOTAL : 9 , NO VOTE
    Vader "Raining Blood" 5/13

I think it's obvious that I don't like covers .

Quote Originally Posted by The Vitiated Mind View Post
    I will also only vote for covers
    Trivium "Master of Puppets" 1/8
    Northern Kings "Take Me" 5/11
    Order of the Ebon Hand "Spellbound" 7/15
    Six Feet Under "Snap your Finger-Snap your Neck" 5/12
    Van Canto "Primo Victoria" 1/7
    Yngwie Malmsteen "Gates of Babylon" 8/14
    Cradle of Filth "Temptation" TOTAL : 9 , NO VOTE
    Vader "Raining Blood" 5/13

I think it's obvious that I don't like covers .

Vote for your submission, please, you are allowed to and I already voted for mine. Otherwise it will become messy.
    Euripides

Augustine

Logios's Avatar Senator

Trivium "Master of Puppets" 5/13 Decent cover of an old favourite of mine, too close to the original
    Northern Kings "Take on Me" 2/13 No, not really
    Order of the Ebon Hand "Spellbound" 6/21 Highly creative.
    Six Feet Under "Snap your Finger-Snap your Neck" 6/18 Ok done, love title
    Van Canto "Primo Victoria" 1/8 Dum-diggy-dum, Come on! The original is awesome BTW
    Yngwie Malmsteen "Gates of Babylon" 5/19 5 for own submission....right? (feel free to add or subtract 5)
    Civil War "Say it Right" 7/21 Good enough, never mind the original. Added points given by Vitated Mind
    Cradle of Filth "Temptation" 6/15 Less horrible and quite creative
    Vader "Raining Blood" 6/19 Too close to original, I like the cover voice though.
    Last edited by Logios; February 15, 2013 at 07:55 AM.

Trivium "Master of Puppets" 5/18
    Northern Kings "Take on Me" 4/17
    Order of the Ebon Hand "Spellbound" 6/27
    Six Feet Under "Snap your Finger-Snap your Neck" 6/24
    Van Canto "Primo Victoria" 5/13
    Yngwie Malmsteen "Gates of Babylon" 7/26
    Civil War "Say it Right" 7/28
    Cradle of Filth "Temptation" 4/19
    Vader "Raining Blood" 7/26 i expected more a bit more "vader" stile